Report: Harbaugh very likely gone [update: now gone]

YoloinOhio

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While he wouldn't be my first choice (Cowher), I wouldn't mind seeing Harbaugh come here. He kinda seems like a douche, but the guy can flat out coach football, and I think he'd bring an attitude to this team not seen in a long time. Plus, he's got to be intrigued seeing the kind of defense here he'd be inheriting....

While he wouldn't be my first choice (Cowher), I wouldn't mind seeing Harbaugh come here. He kinda seems like a douche, but the guy can flat out coach football, and I think he'd bring an attitude to this team not seen in a long time. Plus, he's got to be intrigued seeing the kind of defense here he'd be inheriting....

Just curious, what attitude would he bring. His teams in SF are strong defense, weak offense. Similar to what we have here. I like the attitude of our team for the most part. Love our defenses attitude, special teams..., give us 2 strong guards and I bet we'd all love our attitude on offense too.

Teams don't need a screaming coach, some succeed , some don't. It seems to have a lot to do with talent on the roster.

Don't he and Schwartzy hate each other? But if they coached together the douche factor would be outstanding.

We'll likely keep Marrone.

If we even have a CHANCE at Harbaugh, we MUST do this....

I never agree with Buffalo Barbarian, but he;s on the money with this one. We must re-sign Hughes, avoid a holdout with Dareus (which could be issue with ammount of $$ we have already tied up in DL with the Williams duo, Hughes would get large deal..) Would be great to have him accept the the Bills picking up option on deal and try and re-sign him the next yr so we could use that money on getting "Harbaugh type guys"..

I'd have a lot more confidence in Harbaugh controling things over Marrone and he would certainly want major input on personnel decisions which Marrone did not. That was just up to Whaley.

This coming off season will be the first time we dont have major "needs".. A frachise QB would be a dream come true, but fact is, at this point, its just a dream cuz of the no 1st rounder and there are only like 10-12 in the league to begin with.. Harbaugh would manage games alot smarter than Marrone with a guy like Orton and not have these boneheaded time management issues and will install a much smarter rushing attack. No matter if we re-sign CJ or not, we will be deep in the backfield and can always find a gem in the rough in 4th-5th round that can easily be productive.

With 1 GOOD FA signing at guard, and using draft smartly, even without a 1st rounder we would be in very good shape. Sammy being a 2nd yr guy and can really break out. A rushing attack that could be a great RB committee and hopefully a fixed OL.

Question will be... what it would take to get Harbaugh on the Bills sideline...

Just curious, what attitude would he bring. His teams in SF are strong defense, weak offense. Similar to what we have here. I like the attitude of our team for the most part. Love our defenses attitude, special teams..., give us 2 strong guards and I bet we'd all love our attitude on offense too.

Teams don't need a screaming coach, some succeed , some don't. It seems to have a lot to do with talent on the roster.

A tough, hard nosed, physical mentality. Not to say we don't have somewhat of that now. I guess that is just what I have seen from Harbaugh, and teams often take on the mentality of their coach. And I do like the fact that he has done what he's done with a similar situation to ours, that you mentioned. He's built a winning team with a solid defense, and average QB play. That's why i was saying he might be intrigued by seeing what we have here in Buffalo.

Having two strong guards, my goodness the possibilities....No doubt whatsoever that we'd be much, much improved. Hopefully we can find one in the early rounds of the draft, and maybe another through free agency...

Don't he and Schwartzy hate each other? But if they coached together the douche factor would be outstanding.

:lol: :lol:

If we have to get rid of Marrone(and have yet to hear a convincing argument...that isn't based on some subjective crap), why wouldn't we go with Schwartz? What specifically, performance-wise, right now, is Harbaugh doing better than Schwartz?

As I said, I think all of this is a pointless exercise, but still, how is a fired coach better than a coach who is, again, currently, looking at setting team and NFL records with his D?

Seems like we need a TON more info(you know, like the rest of this season playing out) before we start making wild conclusions.

Harbough reminds me of Rex Ryan. He's an entertaining coach for the fans, media, and maybe even the players. The issue is that the explosiveness in which they coach either works or blows up and most certainly doesn't scream longevity in todays NFL. No doubt these type of coaches can fire a team up, but they lack being able to then keep them calm - which to me is the tougher of the two to execute.

If we have to get rid of Marrone(and have yet to hear a convincing argument...that isn't based on some subjective crap), why wouldn't we go with Schwartz? What specifically, performance-wise, right now, is Harbaugh doing better than Schwartz?

You realize succeeding as a coordinator is a lot different than succeeding as a head coach, right, and that Schwartz already failed miserably in the latter role once? Harbaugh took over a team amid an eight-year playoff drought and has led it to a 43-16-1 record. That's a .700-plus winning percentage over a large sample size. It's not a one-year fluke. He's helped get them to a point where 7-5 is a colossal disappointment - in the best division in football, no less. He's an elite HC, something the Bills could certainly use.