If we win just the 4 AFC games left...

Kellyto83TD

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a great question. Without pulling up numbers, scenarios and tiebreakers, I'd have to believe that 7-5 in the conference, tiebreakers not even put into play, we'd probably still be on the outside looking in. It just feels like too much would need to happen to get us in. Just by how competitive the AFC is this year is so freakin annoying. Most years, 10-6, with a 7-5 conference record would USUALLY be enough to get in wouldn't it?

You can use this and plug in all the scenarios.

http://espn.go.com/n...layoffs/machine

I know that usually 10-6 in majority of the cases gets you in, but the sad thing is, with the competitiveness of the AFC this year, I'm willing to bet that there could end up being an 11-5 team that misses out on the playoffs. Weren't the Patriots the last team to finish 11-5 and not get in? Was that the year Brady tore his ACL and Cassel filled in?

Promo is correct. Each of the teams in the NFC North have at least two games WITHIN their own division Baltimore plays Miami to boot in another game. So as he said, everyone can't win every game if they play each other. 10-6 will be almost a lock for the playoffs, especially if they win the 4 games we're talking about.

Right now we sit 11th in the AFC. If we beat CLE, we move past them, at least into 10th. 4 division winners means that there's still 5 teams we'd need to displace that I believe at least now, we lose tie-breakers to all of them. Haven't worked out the scenarios yet (I do know BAL plays SD this week, so one of them is bound to get a loss), but I personally think it's quite possible that we'd miss at 11-5 & downright doubtful that we'd be able to overtake them rest of the teams ahead of us to get in at 10-6.

IF we win this week, maybe I'll start to investigate various permutations. Calculations become exponentially easier each week.

Right now we sit 11th in the AFC. If we beat CLE, we move past them, at least into 10th. 4 division winners means that there's still 5 teams we'd need to displace that I believe at least now, we lose tie-breakers to all of them. Haven't worked out the scenarios yet (I do know BAL plays SD this week, so one of them is bound to get a loss), but I personally think it's quite possible that we'd miss at 11-5 & downright doubtful that we'd be able to overtake them rest of the teams ahead of us to get in at 10-6.

IF we win this week, maybe I'll start to investigate various permutations. Calculations become exponentially easier each week.

If we beat Cleveland there are 4 possible AFC teams we could come up even with this weekend. All relies on the Bills to keep winning and get on a roll like one we haven't seen in a number of years.

It's an up hill battle for sure considering our schedule, but I remain hopeful.

Thanks guys. Its going to be a B word, but I feel its going to come down to winning at NE. And even if they have home field locked up, Billy Beeeoch will play his starters just as a FU to us.

If he does I hope the Bills D give Brady an absolute hiding, if only to make BB reconsider that strategy in the future. Having said that I always hope for a Tom Brady smack down in any case.

If we beat Cleveland there are 4 possible AFC teams we could come up even with this weekend.

Looking a bit further, you're somewhat correct. If SD beats BAL, I believe we move ahead of BAL (WRT tie breakers). Likewise, if NYJ beats MIA, we move ahead of MIA (outright). Regardless of the outcomes, we'd still be behind SD & KC (& I believe PIT) WRT tie-breakers, so we'd be sitting at best 4th in line for Wildcards & we still need to overtake 2 more.

I'll also mention 11-5 would still put us in position to win the division, but that, of course would require NE to lose 2 other games in addition to losing to us, one of which wpu;d have to be a division game.

Thanks guys. Its going to be a B word, but I feel its going to come down to winning at NE. And even if they have home field locked up, Billy Beeeoch will play his starters just as a FU to us.

He always does- it's his thing. Doesn't like the rust of 2 weeks off even if not playing for anything. And normally playing for something.

You can use this and plug in all the scenarios.

http://espn.go.com/n...layoffs/machine

I got us in as the 6th seed at 10-6. I used the power ranking as the default. I have us losing to GB, but winning the rest.

Then Cin loses to Pitts in week 14.

KC loses to Pitts in week 16.

Cin loses to Pitt again in week 17.

Then we travel to PIttsburgh for the 1st game. By far the most unlikely piece of the scenario is our winning against both DEN and the Asterisks.

kj

Why do I think they have a chance to beat Green Bay and no chance to beat New England...

Because we all have an unnatural defeatist attitude when we play the Master of the AFC east ( Bill B)

hell yes he will and he wont relent. Thats another reason we hate him.

It's over, and it's been over since the Miami loss.

Hey gimme those straws back ! I wanted to grasp for them.

still a chance. gotta think that way