Ray Rice to Buffalo???

So I was listening to the Dan Lebetard show this afternoon, he had on John Clayton who was taking calls. Someone asked where Clayton thought Ray Rice would play next year and he stated Buffalo as Terry P had a connection with him though the sports agency he was involved with.. Obviously pure speculation, but that was his response.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Rice would be good for us, and he's going to play for someone.

I'd be surprised if he was blackballed too. I also think it's too early to say he's shot as a back, even though his 2013 season was poor. I wouldn't have a problem having him in the backfield in lieu of CJ (and at a significant discount).

So I was listening to the Dan Lebetard show this afternoon, he had on John Clayton who was taking calls. Someone asked where Clayton thought Ray Rice would play next year and he stated Buffalo as Terry P had a connection with him though the sports agency he was involved with.. Obviously pure speculation, but that was his response.

Rice would be good for us, and he's going to play for someone.

Rice was beginning to hit the wall last season. Can't imagine him getting better after the pounding he's taken in his career. Better to find an RB who can give productivity w/o any associated baggage.

Rice was beginning to hit the wall last season. Can't imagine him getting better after the pounding he's taken in his career. Better to find an RB who can give productivity w/o any associated baggage.

It's way too early to write him off. He's only 26 -- younger (and better) than CJ Spiller and will likely come at half the price. As a receiver out of the backfield he's far better than anyone on the current roster. At 1400 career carries he should have plenty left in the tank.

It's way too early to write him off. He's only 26 -- younger (and better) than CJ Spiller and will likely come at half the price. As a receiver out of the backfield he's far better than anyone on the current roster. At 1400 career carries he should have plenty left in the tank.

Didn't look that way to me based on 2013. CJ, despite being older, hasn't taken the heavy punishment that Rice has. I think they are completely different types with Rice being an every down workhorse and CJ being an RBBC type.

Didn't look that way to me based on 2013. CJ, despite being older, hasn't taken the heavy punishment that Rice has. I think they are completely different types with Rice being an every down workhorse and CJ being an RBBC type.

It can be tough to write a career as done at 27 based on one season. Could be a wide range of explanations from him being done to simply having a down year or nagging injury.

That he had like 800 touches in 2 years is worrisome though and some guys don't come back

am in favor of him coming to Buffalo, provided he is doing what is required and not misbehaving.

I think that Rice is done. He was already turning into Chris Johnson 2.0. The domestic abuse is the perfect reason for teams to avoid signing a guy that's no longer productive. Peterson on the other hand will be back somewhere.

People said the same thing abotu CHris Johnson in NY. The guy will be cheaper and is 2 years younger. Johnson will finish the year with barely 600 yards if he is lucky, with maybe 200 coming in on passes. I would be fine with that here if he is on the roster with Dixon, Jackson and Brown.

Not gonna happen PO .

Because of our red zone troubles the back we should have nabbed was Laggarett Blount 247 lbs of hammer for red zone use !

BUT NOOOOOO !! We have Boobie !!

No one is going to want the protests from women's groups that will follow Rice no matter where he goes

I agree w/ this. If Incognito is b-balled I dont see how Rice wont be too. And it's unfortunate because although what he did was horrible, he was punished TWICE, and he and his wife both stated they've reconciled and didnt need this public intrusion in their marriage.

Edited by JTSP