Will Rex Ryan make it past Tuesday?

1B4IDie

Perhaps we could get lucky and, if they keep Rex around (which I think they will), the team will rally around him and somehow defeat the Dolphins.

If he does get fired, maybe something to keep in mind for us if Schwartz is somehow given another shot at a HC job. I'm sure Rex would love to work with this unit, and get two shots at Belichick every year.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These days it's rare for an NFL coach to be fired mid season. 30 years ago, happened all the time, frequently by the Bills. Jauron elected to leave, he wasn't fired.

Yup. I don't see any benefit to the Jets of firing Ryan before the end of the season.

Plus, firing Ryan without firing the Idzik would be pointless and you can't do that kind of blowup mid-season.

IF I'm Denver and he gets canned I send Del Rio packing and bring him in.

#1: perhaps nobody does less with more than Del Rio.. that defense is stacked at almost every position and they are mediocre

#2: he is kryptonite to the Patriots*

#3: beating Belichick is like Rex's Super Bowl

At least bring him in as a consultant the minute he is fired.

Rex may be obsessed with beating BB but I wouldn't say he is kryptonite to them.

Aside from the week 2 game this year that the Pats won but which saw the Pats score just 13 points (they weren't the same offense then as they are now) the last 5 games played between the Pats and Jets, the Pats have had their way with Rex's defenses ...... scoring 49, 29, 37, 30 and 45 points while posting wins in them all.

These days it's rare for an NFL coach to be fired mid season. 30 years ago, happened all the time, frequently by the Bills. Jauron elected to leave, he wasn't fired.

Yup. I don't see any benefit to the Jets of firing Ryan before the end of the season.

Plus, firing Ryan without firing the Idzik would be pointless and you can't do that kind of blowup mid-season.

I wasn't going to address that silly comment but now I guess I have to.

There are interim coaches almost every year. Including 2014 where Tony Sparano is the Interim Head Coah of the Oakland Raiders. I don't know why anyone would say "30 years ago." Its just a silly comment.

If you aren't going to the playoffs and you know you're going to **** can the coach at the end of the season then there is no reason to wait until the end of the season. Thats why coaches are fired before the end of the season almost every single year.

So we can hire him, amirite?

Lmao.

Perhaps we could get lucky and, if they keep Rex around (which I think they will), the team will rally around him and somehow defeat the Dolphins.

If he does get fired, maybe something to keep in mind for us if Schwartz is somehow given another shot at a HC job. I'm sure Rex would love to work with this unit, and get two shots at Belichick every year.

We will need Rex as the next DC after Schwartz takes the 9ers HC job.

Edited by Why So Serious?

rex will get the rest of the year, and get fired. The sad thing is he has never had the talent on offense or a QB. He will go back to a DC and if his new team provides him with talent fitting a 3-4, he'll build a top 3 defense.

I only hope it's in the NFC. Someone brought up Atlanta. If Rich Mckay can draft him the talent he needs, I can see Mike Smith keeping his job as a last chance, Rexxy comes in, they draft well, and Atlanta has a turnaround next year. I doubt he will get a HC job right away. Eventually, but not next year.

Besides, having Rex as a HC is fun if forno other reason that he provides a lot of color for ESPN, NFL Network and so on.

rex will get the rest of the year, and get fired. The sad thing is he has never had the talent on offense or a QB. He will go back to a DC and if his new team provides him with talent fitting a 3-4, he'll build a top 3 defense.

I only hope it's in the NFC. Someone brought up Atlanta. If Rich Mckay can draft him the talent he needs, I can see Mike Smith keeping his job as a last chance, Rexxy comes in, they draft well, and Atlanta has a turnaround next year. I doubt he will get a HC job right away. Eventually, but not next year.

Besides, having Rex as a HC is fun if forno other reason that he provides a lot of color for ESPN, NFL Network and so on.

GMen should be letting Perry go as they should be retiring Coughlin...New HC would be an idiot not to put Rex on the short list for DC. In-town discount!