Global warming err Climate change HOAX

4 hours ago, John Adams said:

A rising temperature even if it's just for 300 years, is a big deal to humans. Can we survive if? Of course. Ignoring it is foolish. 

There are other things we control more that are of bigger concern. 

300 years, so you chose to start measuring temperature increases in a geologic period known as The Little Ice Age

• Like (+1) 1

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, John Adams said:

A rising temperature even if it's just for 300 years, is a big deal to humans. Can we survive if? Of course. Ignoring it is foolish. 

There are other things we control more that are of bigger concern. 

How can we ignore it?  It’s in our face everyday.  Many of us just feel there is very little we can do about it. 

16 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Solution:. Communize.

If you are worried we will solve this before some terrible catastrophe strikes, don't! No one in the privileged part of the planet will willingly give up much. But it will take a big government effort. So, it won't happen. Things are going so great now! Now 

8 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

If you are worried we will solve this before some terrible catastrophe strikes, don't! No one in the privileged part of the planet will willingly give up much. But it will take a big government effort. So, it won't happen. Things are going so great now! Now 

Have you noticed that the ‘privileged’ part of the planet is dominated by free societies? It’s primarily in the under privileged part where over bearing governments oppress their people.

23 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Have you noticed that the ‘privileged’ part of the planet is dominated by free societies? It’s primarily in the under privileged part where over bearing governments oppress their people.

Yes. We are really lucky to live here.

I bet we have a bigger government bureaucracies than most oppressive governments, though.

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

I would ask you to describe your lifestyle.  We all come up lacking in some measure in terms of our impact on the environment.  Is your residence sufficiently insulated to minimize the use of energy for heating and cooling?  Energy is used in food production so I would ask how much food goes into the garbage for reasons other than spoilage?  Our impact of the environment goes past efficient energy use to include proper disposal of waste.  Do you throw items out of the window of your car instead of placing them into a trash container.  Going past that to make sure certain things do not enter the ecosystem does your vehicle leak oil and/or antifreeze that winds up in the water table?  Again, I would reiterate that all people come up lacking in one or more measures in terms of protecting the environment so don't feel singled out.  But at the same time maybe step down from the pedestal.  A soap box works just fine and can serve other uses when you are done with it.  

14 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

I would ask you to describe your lifestyle.  We all come up lacking in some measure in terms of our impact on the environment.  Is your residence sufficiently insulated to minimize the use of energy for heating and cooling?  Energy is used in food production so I would ask how much food goes into the garbage for reasons other than spoilage?  Our impact of the environment goes past efficient energy use to include proper disposal of waste.  Do you throw items out of the window of your car instead of placing them into a trash container.  Going past that to make sure certain things do not enter the ecosystem does your vehicle leak oil and/or antifreeze that winds up in the water table?  Again, I would reiterate that all people come up lacking in one or more measures in terms of protecting the environment so don't feel singled out.  But at the same time maybe step down from the pedestal.  A soap box works just fine and can serve other uses when you are done with it.  

...doesn't Mother Nature trump (no pun) the fear mongers EVERY time?.....perceived measures of environmental improvement within reason I agree with......everybody knows those efforts......but this unproven panic mode "scientific (COUGH)stuff" has been for how long?.......sorry but Mother Nature is in control regardless.....SMH.....unless Al Gore says otherwise...

25 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

I would ask you to describe your lifestyle.  We all come up lacking in some measure in terms of our impact on the environment.

1)  Is your residence sufficiently insulated to minimize the use of energy for heating and cooling?  

2) Energy is used in food production so I would ask how much food goes into the garbage for reasons other than spoilage?  Our impact of the environment goes past efficient energy use to include proper disposal of waste.

3)  Do you throw items out of the window of your car instead of placing them into a trash container.  Going past that to make sure certain things do not enter the ecosystem does your vehicle leak oil and/or antifreeze that winds up in the water table?  Again, I would reiterate that all people come up lacking in one or more measures in terms of protecting the environment so don't feel singled out.  But at the same time maybe step down from the pedestal.  A soap box works just fine and can serve other uses when you are done with it.  

If you asks these questions, you should say what you are doing first :)

But,

1) Yes, very much so. It's taken me years to fix everything the way I have it, but I have a low energy bill and keep the place really warm. And I don't really use much AC at all.

2) I don't dump food into the garbage if I can help it. I don't have a compost heap, per say, I just have a really big yard.

3) No. And vehicle is fuel efficient. I never litter, but some old people around the neighborhood think I throw the beer cans in the ditches in our neighborhood. Someone drives around and just throws tons of Bud Light cans out the window. It's the big neighborhood mystery. I'm guessing I'm already asleep when they do it, but who knows.

4) Your soap box crap is silly. This is a public debating forum and I am discussing a topic

I also believe that public policy would be the best solution. Do you know why people in the blue states smoke less tobacco than people in the red states? Public anti-smoking campaigns have worked.

27 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

But,

1) Yes, very much so. It's taken me years to fix everything the way I have it, but I have a low energy bill and keep the place really warm. And I don't really use much AC at all.

2) I don't dump food into the garbage if I can help it. I don't have a compost heap, per say, I just have a really big yard.

3) No. And vehicle is fuel efficient. I never litter, but some old people around the neighborhood think I throw the beer cans in the ditches in our neighborhood. Someone drives around and just throws tons of Bud Light cans out the window. It's the big neighborhood mystery. I'm guessing I'm already asleep when they do it, but who knows.

4) Your soap box crap is silly. This is a public debating forum and I am discussing a topic

I also believe that public policy would be the best solution. Do you know why people in the blue states smoke less tobacco than people in the red states? Public anti-smoking campaigns have worked.

Because they smoke weed instead? 

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

But,

Interesting that you feel people in the blue states smoke less tobacco than people in red states.  I think that for the most part it is more a generational phenomenom as people from older generations smoked more on average regardless of political affiliation at least based on observation.  I don't know any smokers among my homogenous group of conservative leaning friends and associates.  I would theorize that in a number of states such as the ones in the Midwest the migration of young people once completing college contributes to the perception of blue states having fewer smokers.  This would be primarily because job opportunities would be greater typically in blue states.  

3 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Having a weed "problem" is sure better than the opioid problem rural America has

In this wonderful Christmas season I resist telling you why you might be wrong. Verily I say unto you that on Christmas day it is wrong to move the goalposts. 

11 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Having a weed "problem" is sure better than the opioid problem rural America has

Far more complex than the statement you made.  Some sociologists theorize opioid use is a result of greatly declining economic opportunity leaving many potential users with too much time on their hands.  

7 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

...killed my late mother.......her doc prescribed fentanyl patches and oxy for her arthritis (age 90)......she became addicted to oxy despite my beotching......diagnosed with bladder cancer and tumor was removed followed by radiation....some cells escaped into abdominal lymph nodes...fell from a woozy fentanyl/oxy cocktail, breaking her femur....opening her up for that surgery and the cancer spread like wildfire, taking her......her doc exonerated himself from any fault despite the deadly cocktail......

16 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...killed my late mother.......her doc prescribed fentanyl patches and oxy for her arthritis (age 90)......she became addicted to oxy despite my beotching......diagnosed with bladder cancer and tumor was removed followed by radiation....some cells escaped into abdominal lymph nodes...fell from a woozy fentanyl/oxy cocktail, breaking her femur....opening her up for that surgery and the cancer spread like wildfire, taking her......her doc exonerated himself from any fault despite the deadly cocktail......

Sorry to hear, man. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

I’ll happily get on board with any climate change solution that does NOT involve a central government power grab. 

Heck, I'll sign on once any of these alarmists can clearly explain what "solve this" (to use gator's term) means.

From what I've gathered, "solve this" means "stop the planet's ongoing 4.5 billion year cycle of evolving climate and have it never change again just because we seem to have reached a point in that cycle that is workable for humans".

So seriously, I would like to know what we mean by and how exactly we "stop climate change".

9 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

Heck, I'll sign on once any of these alarmists can clearly explain what "solve this" (to use gator's term) means.

From what I've gathered, "solve this" means "stop the planet's ongoing 4.5 billion year cycle of evolving climate and have it never change again just because we seem to have reached a point in that cycle that is workable for humans".

So seriously, I would like to know what we mean by and how exactly we "stop climate change".

The only way to solve climate change is for deplorables to get in the back seat, shut up, and do as their betters tell them to do

Think like a Progressive

21 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Sorry to hear, man. 

...well my friend, it's what we call "geriatric medicine"....need to advocate like hell for them which I did.....as I did for my late wife and brother in law under different circumstances but BOTH in need of medical advocacy(don't be afraid to do so)........once you reach a certain age (Mom was 90), you no longer are a priority...crass?..yup...reality?...BIGGER yup.....

7 hours ago, Nanker said:

It’s posts like this that make me long for the old board where you could click on the total post count of a thread and see exactly who had responded and how many times they did. 

Who could possibly care. I'm almost never in this thread. 

Not it only is JA/BF throwing shade at one of our posters who has had a stroke

I am sorry if he's having trouble because he had a stroke. I mean that. 

and has admitted he has difficulty typing on his phone,

Never had an idea about this if it was because he had a stroke.  

I have a long history of making fun of his low IQ. I can still do that, right? I want him to know I still feel the same way about him as I always have, but I'm happy to not make fun of typing. 

but he’s thrown an entire generation under the bus in a smug sardonic manner.

OK Boomer? 

Merry Christmas. 

Merry Christmas.

Edited by John Adams