Global warming err Climate change HOAX

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Number of severe hurricanes has doubled per year over the last few decades.

This morning's first completely made up statement by gator

?

“Climate Change” Is A Hoax

by Kurt Schlichter

Original Article

I hate science, evidently, because I’m woke to the manifest truth about what the leftist elite currently calls “climate change."

It is the second most staggering fraud ever perpetrated upon the American people after the media’s promotion of the unstoppable candidacy of Beto (who is a furry).

Like some suckers still do, I once believed that “science” was a rigorous process where you tested theories and revised those theories in response to objective evidence. But in today’s shabby practice, “science” is just a package of self-serving lies buttressing the transnational liberal elite’s preferred narrative. Our alleged betters hope that labeling their propaganda “science”will science-shame you into silence about what everyone knows is a scam.

3 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Number of severe hurricanes has doubled per year over the last few decades. The Caribbean is being flattened. Climate migrants are only a matter of when and where. This is a mess we are in. 

The Climate Fifth Columnists are probably going to win. 

Poor data criteria.  We've only had satellite coverage of hurricane activity for slightly more than 50 years.  Heating and cooling can be attributed to solar and volcanic activity.  The famous year without a summer 1816 was the result of volcanic activity.  I want to see data over centuries to draw conclusions.

5 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

Poor data criteria.  We've only had satellite coverage of hurricane activity for slightly more than 50 years.  Heating and cooling can be attributed to solar and volcanic activity.  The famous year without a summer 1816 was the result of volcanic activity.  I want to see data over centuries to draw conclusions.

I just believe the scientists 

Yet another greenie expedition to the Arctic to raise awareness of ‘global warming’ has been scuppered by unexpected large quantities of ice. This brings to a total of six the number of Ship of Fools expeditions where weather reality has made a mockery of climate theory.

According to Maritime Bulletin:

Arctic tours ship MS MALMO with 16 passengers on board got stuck in ice on Sep 3 off Longyearbyen, Svalbard Archipelago, halfway between Norway and North Pole. The ship is on Arctic tour with Climate Change documentary film team, and tourists, concerned with Climate Change and melting Arctic ice. All 16 Climate Change warriors were evacuated by helicopter in challenging conditions, all are safe. 7 crew remains on board, waiting for Coast Guard ship assistance.

The reporter, Erofey Schkvarkin clearly has a sense of humour. He adds:

Something is very wrong with Arctic ice, instead of melting as ordered by UN/IPCC, it captured the ship with Climate Change Warriors.

It appears the mainstream media has failed to get the memo. Here is a tweet from Reuters which appeared after the ship got stuck in ice.

Longyearbyen 1908... No snow.

ED9i2bwWwAADu2J.png
  • Like (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Number of severe hurricanes has doubled per year over the last few decades. The Caribbean is being flattened. Climate migrants are only a matter of when and where. This is a mess we are in. 

The Climate Fifth Columnists are probably going to win. 

You claim you believe the scientists?  

NAT_storms_2018.pngEPAC_storms_2018.pngatl_hurricanes_1944_2015.gif

These are actual data from NOAA and university of Arizona.  You know, scientists, and not projecting with computer modeling.  Kindly explain how the number of severe hurricanes has doubled over the last few decades?

Number of hurricanes would be the blue bars in the first 2 graphs, severe hurricanes in red the last graph.

Let me help you out, severe hurricanes in the last graph in red, since it ends with 2015 I chose my decades, 2015-2006, 2005-1996, etc.    Number of severe hurricanes by decade:

2015-2006:  59

2005-1996:  82

1995-1986:  46

1985-1976:  55

1975-1966:  50

1965-1956:  53

1955-1946:  71

Let's keep it simple, explain 71 severe hurricanes from 1946-1955 compared to 59 from 2006-2015 and where it keeps doubling?

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, GaryPinC said:

You claim you believe the scientists?  

NAT_storms_2018.pngEPAC_storms_2018.pngatl_hurricanes_1944_2015.gif

These are actual data from NOAA and university of Arizona.  You know, scientists, and not projecting with computer modeling.  Kindly explain how the number of severe hurricanes has doubled over the last few decades?

Number of hurricanes would be the blue bars in the first 2 graphs, severe hurricanes in red the last graph.

Let me help you out, severe hurricanes in the last graph in red, since it ends with 2015 I chose my decades, 2015-2006, 2005-1996, etc.    Number of severe hurricanes by decade:

2015-2006:  59

2005-1996:  82

1995-1986:  46

1985-1976:  55

1975-1966:  50

1965-1956:  53

1955-1946:  71

Let's keep it simple, explain 71 severe hurricanes from 1946-1955 compared to 59 from 2006-2015 and where it keeps doubling?

by J Walsh - ‎Related articles

The intensity, frequency, and duration of North Atlantic hurricanes, as well as the frequency of the strongest hurricanes, have all increased since the early 1980s.

While hurricanes are a natural part of our climate system, recent research suggests that there has been an increase in intense hurricane activity in the North Atlantic since the 1970s. In the future, there may not necessarily be more hurricanes, but there will likely be more intense hurricanes that carry higher wind speeds and more precipitation as a result of global warming. The impacts of this trend are likely to be exacerbated by sea level rise and a growing population along coastlines.

https://www.ucsusa.org/global-warming/science-and-impacts/impacts/hurricanes-and-climate-change.html

That's the union of concerned scientists 

Time to Put an End to the Climate Cult

by Spike Hampson

Original Article

The climate cult has gotten out of hand. It now threatens to prevail in politics by convincing the ignorant that the science is settled.

Anybody who has a basic understanding of the science knows that it is not settled.

A number of inconvenient facts seriously undermine the idea that catastrophic global warming caused by humans is about to overwhelm us. Here are three of them:

Emissions of carbon dioxide into the atmosphere are causing far less heating than the climate models have been predicting. There is no scientifically reputable method for measuring the human contribution to carbon dioxide emissions relative to emissions from natural sources.

More at the link:

9 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Time to Put an End to the Climate Cult

by Spike Hampson

Original Article

The climate cult has gotten out of hand. It now threatens to prevail in politics by convincing the ignorant that the science is settled.

Anybody who has a basic understanding of the science knows that it is not settled.

A number of inconvenient facts seriously undermine the idea that catastrophic global warming caused by humans is about to overwhelm us. Here are three of them:

Emissions of carbon dioxide into the atmosphere are causing far less heating than the climate models have been predicting. There is no scientifically reputable method for measuring the human contribution to carbon dioxide emissions relative to emissions from natural sources.

More at the link:

So all the scientists saying that we keep having the warmest year on record are wrong? Or lying? 

13 minutes ago, Tiberius said:
by J Walsh - ‎Related articles

The intensity, frequency, and duration of North Atlantic hurricanes, as well as the frequency of the strongest hurricanes, have all increased since the early 1980s.

https://www.ucsusa.org/global-warming/science-and-impacts/impacts/hurricanes-and-climate-change.html

That's the union of concerned scientists 

Where's the evidence of doubling per decade you claim?

Hurricane activity is CYCLICAL.  The early 1980's were a period of unusually low major hurricanes.  Cherry picking.  Can't say that if you compare 1945-55 with the last 20 years.  But more cherry picking.  You have the data from my previous post.  The 1970's only suggest an increase but how does that compare to within the last 5 or 6 years?

major hurricanes:

1970 :   5                                                                                        2013:    0

1971:    6                                                                                        2014:    6                                                                             

1972:    0                                                                                        2015:    6

1973:    4                                                                                        2016:    4

1974:    4                                                                                        2017:    6

1975:    6                                                                                        2018:    2

1976:    6

1977:    5

1978:    5

1979:    6

It simply proves the bias present in science.  We must all exercise curiosity and independent thought.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, GaryPinC said:

Hurricane activity is CYCLICAL.  The early 1980's were a period of unusually low major hurricanes.  Cherry picking.  Can't say that if you compare 1945-55 with the last 20 years.  But more cherry picking.  You have the data from my previous post.  The 1970's only suggest an increase but how does that compare to within the last 5 or 6 years?

major hurricanes:

1970 :   5                                                                                        2013:    0

1971:    6                                                                                        2014:    6                                                                             

1972:    0                                                                                        2015:    6

1973:    4                                                                                        2016:    4

1974:    4                                                                                        2017:    6

1975:    6                                                                                        2018:    2

It simply proves the bias present in science.  We must all exercise curiosity and independent thought.

pffffffffffffffff

i got CNN and AlGore to tell me everything i need to no about science

1 minute ago, GaryPinC said:

major hurricanes:

Yes, I repeated a claim by a NYTimes guy they have doubled, but in the science I can only see that they have increased in intensity but not no numbers. So you win a partial point. They have increased in intensity, though 

• Like (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Yes, I repeated a claim by a NYTimes guy they have doubled, but in the science I can only see that they have increased in intensity but not no numbers. So you win a partial point. They have increased in intensity, though 

Well, the hurricane hunters (Air Force Reserve unit) came to officially be in 1946, measuring hurricane speeds.   If you assume their measurement instrumentation was sound back then, and they investigated all hurricanes  (which is not a given considering the lack of satellites),  and they consistently checked hurricane speed as well as today then you have some facts:

-the longest duration of a category 5 was back in 1932.  Of course this was not official weather unit monitoring.

-Only in six seasons—1932, 1933, 1961, 2005, 2007 and 2017—has more than one Category 5 hurricane formed.

-Only in 2005 have more than two Category 5 hurricanes formed, and only in 2007 and 2017 did more than one make landfall at Category 5 strength.

-The years 2016 through 2019 are the longest sequence of consecutive years which all featured at least one Category 5 hurricane each.

-Officially, the decade with the most Category 5 hurricanes is 2000–2009, with eight Category 5 hurricanes having occurred.

-The previous decades with the most Category 5 hurricanes were the 1930s and 1960s, with six occurring between 1930 and 1939.  Of course this was not official weather unit monitoring during the 30s.

So, a legitimate argument can be made that they are increasing in intensity (partial points for you), but given the relatively short sampling record(reliably also!) I would say it's trending but about 10-20 more years are needed to fully validate this assertion.

• Like (+1) 1