Which QB do you want Pegula to drill another well for in the offseason

YoloinOhio

For whom do you want Pegula to drill another well?  

164 members have voted

1. 1. Which QB who may be available in the offseason would you want the Bills to sign or trade for?

• Eli Manning (trade)
    • Jay Cutler (trade)
    • RG3 (trade)
    • Ryan Mallett (FA)
    • Brian Hoyer (FA)
    • Sam Bradford (trade or may be cut)
    • Tony Romo (trade)
    • I would rather stick with Orton/EJ and spend the money on upgrading the OL
    • Jake Locker (FA)
    • Other
    • Nick Foles (trade)
    • Colin Kaepernick (trade)
    • Cam Newton (trade)
    • Mark Sanchez (FA)

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay who voted for Bradford? He tears his ACL every season! I wouldn't even think about it.

this^

Seriously Bradford may not make it back already and if he does...he is an injury away from retirement. He is the worst option available, I would seriously take Orton or EJ over him. IF WE DONT GET SOME OLINE NEEDS FILLED AND NEW OFFENSIVE HELP WE CAN FORGET ABOUT THIS TEAM NEXT YEAR TOO! Sheesh...Bradford lmfao...

Drill a well???

-Some of these QB's need a six-foot hole dug for them instead... -They're DONE, bro.

I/R3 can't stay healthy, and can't shut the **** up when he is. -Terrible combination for a franchise struggling for relevancy.

Cutler has grown into a spoiled little headcase with terrible mechanics, and piss-poor leadership skills.

Sam Bradford should be booked for grand theft, as far as I'm concerned.

Romo needs Demarco Murray more than Jerrah may be willing to admit. He's always been a second-tier QB IMO.

Not many appetizing choices in your list, to be honest. -Still, I like how you're thinking! :thumbsup: I truly feel our future franchise QB comes from a place no one expects, and will not be a product of any first round.

It's coming people, but the right moves have to be made.

Edited by #34fan

There are serious doubt any of the QB's will be available in the offseason..

Eli- hard to give up on a QB who won 2 rings for you even with his horrid play. Wouldn't be shocked if they change coaching staff to try and "fix" him.

Jay- what would someone have to pay to get him?? If they want a 1st (or god forbid a 1st plus more) he might stay simply because there isn't a good enough market of teams willing to sacrifice resources).

RG3- team gave up A LOT to get him. Maybe they try another year. Again what would it take for value wise for them to give him up?

Mallet- he played well last game. Look for him to be brought back to at least compete if that continues at all.

Hoyer- has had an up and down year. If he makes the playoffs I think the fans might revolt if they didn't bring him back after that. If not? They could bring him back but if they don't there will be competition for his services. (he will at least be seen as a serviceable backup)

Bradford- they benched their Cinderella story QB for Sean Hill. Decent chance they bring Sam back to compete since they don't have anything else.

Romo- I see no way he is available. Who would they replace him with in Dallas?? Crazy talk.

All that to say, I think the best chances of people being available without the Bills giving up draft picks is Hoyer and Bradford. I wouldn't give up significant value for any of them, so that narrows the choices to those two. Of the two, I would take Sam just because I think he has more talent than Hoyer. Sam is more boom or bust. If he is healthy, maybe he lives up to potential and becomes a very good QB. If not? eh, you picked him up as a free agent. No great loss. Hoyer is just a guy. He isn't bad but i put him in the Sanchez category. On a strong team he can win. But he isn't going to be your strength.

Edited by Lord_MacDonald

There are serious doubt any of the QB's will be available in the offseason..

Eli- hard to give up on a QB who won 2 rings for you even with his horrid play. Wouldn't be shocked if they change coaching staff to try and "fix" him.

Jay- what would someone have to pay to get him?? If they want a 1st (or god forbid a 1st plus more) he might stay simply because there isn't a good enough market of teams willing to sacrifice resources).

RG3- team gave up A LOT to get him. Maybe they try another year. Again what would it take for value wise for them to give him up?

Mallet- he played well last game. Look for him to be brought back to at least compete if that continues at all.

Hoyer- has had an up and down year. If he makes the playoffs I think the fans might revolt if they didn't bring him back after that. If not? They could bring him back but if they don't there will be competition for his services. (he will at least be seen as a serviceable backup)

Bradford- they benched their Cinderella story QB for Sean Hill. Decent chance they bring Sam back to compete since they don't have anything else.

Romo- I see no way he is available. Who would they replace him with in Dallas?? Crazy talk.

All that to say, I think the best chances of people being available without the Bills giving up draft picks is Hoyer and Bradford. I wouldn't give up significant value for any of them, so that narrows the choices to those two. Of the two, I would take Sam just because I think he has more talent than Hoyer. Sam is more boom or bust. If he is healthy, maybe he lives up to potential and becomes a very good QB. If not? eh, you picked him up as a free agent. No great loss. Hoyer is just a guy. He isn't bad but i put him in the Sanchez category. On a strong team he can win. But he isn't going to be your strength.

With Cutler's contract, there may be a lot of leverage for inquiring teams. If the Bears want to move on, they would be resigning themselves to a rebuild. Cutler and even Marshall could be available.

Voted O Line. I don't see see the point in trying to find a starting quarterback via trade or free agency that is going to take us to the promised land. Franchise quarterbacks (usually even playoff quarterbacks for that matter) are found in the draft, period. With the exception of Brees and Manning with their injury situations, teams don't let go of quarterbacks that aren't seriously flawed. That being said I would take Romo or Manning, but it's unlikely either one of those guys are going to be let go. Anyone else we could acquire will be the equal of Orton. That's why I still root for Manuel, we need a quarterback that we draft to pan out. Sadly, if Manuel doesnt we aren't going anywhere anytime soon. First round 2016 NFL draft might be our next hope. If we want to add depth to the quarterback competition this offseason draft a qb, and maybe he could even become the long term answer.

Edited by DriveFor1Outta5

We should be drafting a QB annually in somewhere in the top 5 rounds. Also, my incessant ranting on the state of the OLine before the season began didn't light a fire under Whaley. Very disillusioned. Thought he might be perusing tsw. While I'd like to see them address OL, I'm scared at who they'll sign.

They're all major risks with this OL.

But, we shouldn't need to break the bank to fix the OL, so I don't see why we can't do both?

Mallet has always intrigued me... RG3 I think is still good, he needs a better situation, but we aren't that situation. Hmm...

Jake Locker. Really. I'm not kidding. Because he'll be cheap, and to me he looked about even with Tannehill until his injuries allowed Tannehill to pass him. Or even Mark Sanchez.

Locker should have been included in the poll. Honestly, I'd bring in two off that list and Locker. Him being prone to injury is an issue obviously, but he can play when healthy. Ditto Bradford. Get me those two, or try. Then work the list.

Locker should have been included in the poll. Honestly, I'd bring in two off that list - and I include Locker on it. Him being prone to injury is an issue obviously, but he can play when healthy. Ditto Bradford. Get me those two, or try. Then work the list.