Beg, borrow, or steal but please get Cowher, or Dungy

rcatty

Please no. Both Cowher/Dungy and how they build and coach a football team is gone the way of the dinosaurs. It just won't work in today's NFL. And I highly doubt these guys change what the way they do things.

EDIT: Look for the next 'big thing' and hope Whaley can identify that person like he can identify draft talent and back up the bank truck.

Edited by Wayne Cubed

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Please no. Both Cowher/Dungy and how they build and coach a football team is gone the way of the dinosaurs. It just won't work in today's NFL. And I highly doubt these guys change what the way they do things.

EDIT: Look for the next 'big thing' and hope Whaley can identify that person like he can identify draft talent and back up the bank truck.

1,000% agree

This really isn't true at all. The game is still the same. For the most part, Head coaches do things the same now as they always have. Teams are always looking for new formations and plays and such but game management hasn't changed. Cowher could step right back in and be successful. He will hire and OC and DC to run those parts of the game and based on his previous hires, I am confident he will hire good ones. If Pegula can get Cowher, I am confident we would have one of the best coaching staffs in football and we have not been able to say that in a very long time.

Dungy? This is the guy who won a single SB with Peyton Manning, Reggie Wayne, MArvin Harrison, E. James, Dallas Clark, Robert Mathis, Bob Sanders, Dwight Freeney---and had a losing record in the playoffs!

He's the guy who, as soon as he left Tampa, they won the SB!

No thanks--he's awful as a HC. He can be the team pastor maybe.

This really isn't true at all. The game is still the same. For the most part, Head coaches do things the same now as they always have. Teams are always looking for new formations and plays and such but game management hasn't changed. Cowher could step right back in and be successful. He will hire and OC and DC to run those parts of the game and based on his previous hires, I am confident he will hire good ones. If Pegula can get Cowher, I am confident we would have one of the best coaching staffs in football and we have not been able to say that in a very long time.

Disagree completely. The game has change quite a bit. Sure, management hasn't change. The concept of the game has. Are you confident Cowher can identify coaching talent that understands the game in the NFL now? I'm not. As much as you think because he's and analyst he's been following the game, I can almost guarantee he hasn't been studying the nuances of the game. How much talent evaluation has he been doing? Hell, CBS doesn't even used him for that. Look how much the college game now influences the NFL. The game has spead up and stretched the field. We are seeing the most prolific passing offenses the NFL has ever seen. That is not anything like the game Cowher left.

Harbaugh - from what I hear he's worn out his welcome in SF, and if the 9ers don't make the playoffs ... the odds increase he'll be let go.

He would be my absolute NO. 1 first choice...assuming there is not some rising, innovative star out there in College football I don't know about.

Harbaugh's best days are still in front of him as a head coach in the NFL. I'd like the Bills to be a part of those days!

Talking about guys like Dungy and Cowher is just stupid; those guys are done coaching anyway....and their best work is well behind them.

It's about the future and looking forward, not backward!

The sooner Marrone and company are shipped out the better. Please get Cowher, or Dungy, and pay a king's ransom if necessary. While you are at it, get Polian, or Accorsi in here.

YES Cowher!!! A real coach with real wins a spit in your face motivator !

Disagree completely. The game has change quite a bit. Sure, management hasn't change. The concept of the game has. Are you confident Cowher can identify coaching talent that understands the game in the NFL now? I'm not. As much as you think because he's and analyst he's been following the game, I can almost guarantee he hasn't been studying the nuances of the game. How much talent evaluation has he been doing? Hell, CBS doesn't even used him for that. Look how much the college game now influences the NFL. The game has spead up and stretched the field. We are seeing the most prolific passing offenses the NFL has ever seen. That is not anything like the game Cowher left.

I am 100% confident Cowher would build an excellent coaching staff. Most of the coaches in the NFL have been around for years, if not decades. Cowher is very well connected. He is by far the #1 choice in my mind to lead to Bills back to Championship quality football.