Obama's state department about to legalize millions of illegals, b

Security

Loyalty? Loyalty is giving them ****? And it's going to have to start locally with local conservatives in their community educating them on the difference between conservatives and liberals. Once they see that they would most likely lean more conservative in their allegiance.

You misunderstand. I'm not talking about hand-outs/welfare. I'm talking about immigration. Hispanic immigrants will link the Democratic party to the reason that they can live in the US. They will give them the credit for allowing them to stay. They will show their gratitude by voting Democrat.

I agree that they will need to be educated on the facts. That's not easy to do. All the Hispanics I know work much harder than most Americans. Think back to when you worked your hardest. How much did you keep up with US politics? How much did you keep up with anything for that matter? I had years where I didn't even get a chance to follow football, let alone politics.

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You misunderstand. I'm not talking about hand-outs/welfare. I'm talking about immigration. Hispanic immigrants will link the Democratic party to the reason that they can live in the US. They will give them the credit for allowing them to stay. They will show their gratitude by voting Democrat.

I agree that they will need to be educated on the facts. That's not easy to do. All the Hispanics I know work much harder than most Americans. Think back to when you worked your hardest. How much did you keep up with US politics? How much did you keep up with anything for that matter? I had years where I didn't even get a chance to follow football, let alone politics.

But the Huspanics are all about the community. That's why it has to start local, in Spanish by regular folks. There are plenty of Hispanic business owners who can get the word out. The contractor who worked on our house was Hispanic and I had several conversations with him. He was very conservative.

When you live and work with them for 30 years you tend to learn their culture.

I've worked with them for 20 years. I've learned their culture as well. What you say about pride is true. But pride doesn't pay the bills.

So the Hispanics here illegally don't work hard? The ones here illegally are here for their government cheese? Once again you don't know what you're taking about.

I didn't say that: latinos with whom I've worked with have said that. And while some work hard, many/of them are on public assistance. And we already have a dearth of jobs as it is.

I do NOT have the answer but I've also not read a lot of the solutions. The right can push border security and should, but it should not do that at the expense of ignoring the status of current illegals.

Oh, please. The 'far right' is muzzled right now, which is why the mid-terms destroyed the progressive left, which will likely be muzzled in the next two years.

"Destroyed." Do you get to ride the unicorns where you live? Or just smell their rainbow farts.

Edited by John Adams

Conscript every single illegal caught presumed to be atleast 18 years old, and send them off to Sandy Land. After a six year tour, award them citizenship. Send any unaccompanied minors home to their country of origin.

Just what the military is looking for: People who don't want to be there.

Edited by John Adams

"Destroyed." Do you get to ride the unicorns where you live? Or just smell their rainbow farts.

I get how you try to sound like the only sane poster here, but perhaps you'll understand my point if I use smaller words: there were many lefties running this past mid-term who got their asses kicked for being idiots. Much like the left destroyed the far right nuts like Todd Akin, Christine O'Donnell, the GOP destroyed the far left nuts like Bruce Braley and Abortion Barbie Davis. As a result, the left will not put those kind of idiots in the next run of elections much like the GOP cleaned up their entries by forcing out many Tea Party challengers.

Not that I care, but perhaps you'll have a better understanding of my larger point now.

I get how you try to sound like the only sane poster here, but perhaps you'll understand my point if I use smaller words: there were many lefties running this past mid-term who got their asses kicked for being idiots. Much like the left destroyed the far right nuts like Todd Akin, Christine O'Donnell, the GOP destroyed the far left nuts like Bruce Braley and Abortion Barbie Davis. As a result, the left will not put those kind of idiots in the next run of elections much like the GOP cleaned up their entries by forcing out many Tea Party challengers.

Not that I care, but perhaps you'll have a better understanding of my larger point now.

It would also help to add the dominance of right leaning candidates at the state and local levels.

I do NOT have the answer but I've also not read a lot of the solutions. The right can push border security and should, but it should not do that at the expense of ignoring the status of current illegals.

If you control the border you solve the problem. Whether you deport, ignore, enable, or give citizenship to the illegals currently here, the long term problem is solved one the border is secured.

The biggest concern then is preventing the vote from undoing that, but if you agree to give immigration preference to those who are relatives of/sponsored by people already here then you win the vote too.

But until you control the border it's all moot.

Edited by Rob's House

96% of Congressional incumbents won in the "destruction.: No message sent. The libs are sending Hillary to run for pres. The Right is sending Jeb Bush perhaps.

The line about incumbents winning despite being in an unpopular legislature is so tired and trite. It's a nice comedy bit for the Tonight Show to amuse the disinterested twits who don't think about these things or know any better, but it's entirely logical and predictable to those of us in the know. <And you're in the know, thus it irritates me that you pretend not to be>

Everyone thinks Congress sucks. But conservative/Republican types think it sucks b/c the Dems are !@#$ing things up and liberal Democrats think the Republicans are !@#$ing everything up.

And most people are partisan (and most deny that - you ironically have to to retain credibility with anyone not in your corner), and support the same party they supported in the previous election.*

* Does not account for the "Obama Effect."

The line about incumbents winning despite being in an unpopular legislature is so tired and trite. It's a nice comedy bit for the Tonight Show to amuse the disinterested twits who don't think about these things or know any better, but it's entirely logical and predictable to those of us in the know. <And you're in the know, thus it irritates me that you pretend not to be>

Everyone thinks Congress sucks. But conservative/Republican types think it sucks b/c the Dems are !@#$ing things up and liberal Democrats think the Republicans are !@#$ing everything up.

And most people are partisan (and most deny that - you ironically have to to retain credibility with anyone not in your corner), and support the same party they supported in the previous election.*

* Does not account for the "Obama Effect."

And when people talk about election bloodlettings and sea changes (and destruction) in the leadership and electorate, they should know better.

96% of Congressional incumbents won in the "destruction.: No message sent. The libs are sending Hillary to run for pres. The Right is sending Jeb Bush perhaps.

Eleven senate seats have newly elected senators in them. That's 89% of the incumbents retained. However, only 33 senate seats were up for reelection...so that's 66% of the incumbents retaining their seats.

I haven't gone through the House yet, but for your "96%" number to hold true, that would be all but 15 incumbents retaining their seats.

Eleven senate seats have newly elected senators in them. That's 89% of the incumbents retained. However, only 33 senate seats were up for reelection...so that's 66% of the incumbents retaining their seats.

I haven't gone through the House yet, but for your "96%" number to hold true, that would be all but 15 incumbents retaining their seats.

That number does not include the House members who did not run for re election.

His number is nothing but the same old ugly tie he gives to everyone after a mid-term holiday.