Bryce's Fumble

Webster Guy

I know Bryce had some fumbling issues his rookie season with Philly. 4 fumbles on about 130 touches. He seemed to clean that up his second year though, although about half as much action, he never fumbled.

In his defense, that was an unbelievably lucky hit by Ron Parker the Chiefs Dback on the ball that caused the fumble. Bryce is a 225lb 6 footer running with a full head of steam and that tomahawk was directly on the ball. If you watch it in slow motion the guy is just a blur, you can barely see him come into the picture.

My point is, I heard some callers saying post game that this is the reason Philly dumped him etc., but I say there are very few guys (if any) that would have been able to hang onto that ball with such a perfectly clean, vicious swing like that. I'm giving Bryce a pass, and was very impressed with his play today.

It also made me feel good that Hackett was finally using some creative plays like the shovel pass and pitch outs to get our boys running in some space. Gotta pound those Dolphins in a few days, I hope Bryce is up for it because it'll be the perfect opportunity to redeem himself.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes Hogan held the ball well but you don't get speed holding the ball with two hands like that. I 100% agree that you must secure the ball. That said I agree with the poster that was an incredibly played strip. If that was McKelvin we would be going on and on about how it was all him. Also Mckelvin's strip. He was absolutely molested then bent over backwards when he was striped as I remember it. This stuff happens. I heard a lot on the shoutbox of McKelvin always drops game loosing balls. McKelvin has been a gamer of late. He touches the ball a lot gets hit a lot and keeps the ball a lot. Like I said, this stuff happens.

I algree an unlucky play.

Just frustrating cause once he is moving fast at the 5 yard line and he has to do is hold on to the ball and fall forward and he is in.

Also frustrating Chandler bobbles and drops it. I know the ball was bouncing and rotating strangely but I thought he should have it.

Hogan hung onto the ball with both hands like his life depended on it going in for a TD. Brown could learn from 7-11

http://www.nfl.com/b...meId=2014110901

Yep. i thought that too. Bryce should have anticipated that he wouldn't be all alone. That's 2 games in a row (Sammy vs the Jets) where our guys running into the end zone didn't see or feel a defender in the vicinity. ugh, just a great play by KC and a preventable play by Brown.

I was sitting right at the goaline where that happened... the ball popped up to Chandler almost perfectly, it seemed like it was in slow motion......aaaaaaaaaaaaand we all know what happened. It was literally OH NO, OH YES, OOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO all in one play. I nominate that one play to summarize what its like being a Bills fan for the last 15 years.

Dumb luck. Chiefs won last year the same way; defender falls down and lucks into Tuel's pick.

I can't tell you how much better we are than the chiefs-- which is why this loss hurts so much.

Nope. The Chiefs are a better team. Their record is better, they beat us, they are better. End of discussion.

If Chandler recovered, would it have been spotted at the point of the fumble? I thought you couldn't advance the ball on a fumble.

I believe only if it's inside 2 minutes of each half.

Bills made a season's worth of mistakes in one game. Let's hope that's it for 2014.

Nope. The Chiefs are a better team. Their record is better, they beat us, they are better. End of discussion.

Well, we can disagree, I guess.

We beat the Lions; but I think the Lions are better than us.

And yesterday, I saw our offense move the ball easily up and down the field, and our defense absolutely destroy the Chiefs. We lost because of our own unforced errors (two missed TD throws by Orton, fumble at the goal line by Brown, and fumble by McKelvin). The Chiefs did nothing.