Orton Not the Answer

Funny. Orton has a sub-par game where he plays almost as bad as EJ does when he's on his game and the salty breath EJ fanboys are out in full force.

EJ sucks unless he uses his legs. Deal with it, fanboys.

Ej can not be a good player and Orton can also not be a good player. The two do not have to be mutually exclusive

Maybe we have two bad QBs.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Funny. Orton has a sub-par game where he plays almost as bad as EJ does when he's on his game and the salty breath EJ fanboys are out in full force.

EJ sucks unless he uses his legs. Deal with it, fanboys.

Orton was off most of the game. You orton fanboys need grow a set and man up!

keep blaming everyone else.

Orton didn't have a great game, but he is not who lost us that game. I don't know why this is a discussion.

No, you're just projecting to make yourself look like some sort of martyr.

keep ragging on me. insult and or harass me all you want

you and your merry band of 5 Musketeers are still saying Orton isn't to blame whatsoever.

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

No they aren't. Grow up.

Musketeer #2

Do you even read the posts you're responding to?

Musketeer #3

why, yes I did

but he is not who lost us that game, yet he is not the one who WON us that game either.

Orton give the Bills the best chance to win. IS soooo not true.

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

Orton was not super but he had a few gimmes that were dropped, and no one is talking about his performance if Brown doesn't fumble.

Yup. There were a magnitude of errors from the offense. Who knows how Orton adjusted his throws after 4 killer drops in the first half.

To combine from the other threads, there wasn't one goat. There were about a dozen plays in the game that, if Bills player didn't screw up, would have turned a L into a W.

Yup. There were a magnitude of errors from the offense. Who knows how Orton adjusted his throws after 4 killer drops in the first half.

To combine from the other threads, there wasn't one goat. There were about a dozen plays in the game that, if Bills player didn't screw up, would have turned a L into a W.

Right. And it certainly doesn't preclude the idea that the game could have been won with a better performance from Orton. It's just, don't look in his direction and say "if only," because you're basically asking for one of only 10 QBs in the league who could have guaranteed you a better performance. And even the good ones have some duds (just ask Peyton).

Musketeer #2

Musketeer #3

why, yes I did

but he is not who lost us that game, yet he is not the one who WON us that game either.

I didn't say any of that, but we can pretend if it makes your little EJ boner feel better.

Musketeer #2

Musketeer #3

why, yes I did

These recent posts, both in their content and their form, are a little over the top, no?

No reasonable fan would ever suggest Orton was All Pro this week.

No reasonable fan would ever suggest that Orton hasn't been a vast improvement over EJ in the games Orton started prior to the Chiefs game.

No reasonable fan would disagree with the fact that there are only a few QBs in the league that deliver week in and week out. Maybe 3 or 4 of them.

So what are you going on a tirade about?

I didn't say any of that, but we can pretend if it makes your little EJ boner feel better.

:huh: Did you see what I had in italics?

but he is not who lost us that game

That is from your post ... so you DID say some of it.

I added that he didn't do enough to WIN the game for the Bills

Keep Trolling keep.jpg

Keep Trolling keep.jpg

Was that image taken off your mirror? Because it certainly fits that thread.

No one is claiming Orton to be a top 10 QB. Yet it's clear that he's the best QB on the roster.

He had an off game yesterday, and I don't see anyone claiming that he had a good game.

But it's moronic to say that he's solely responsible for the loss.

These recent posts, both in their content and their form, are a little over the top, no?

Its a long story between the 5 musketeers who have said for Weeks Orton is far superior and given me chit for saying Orton is just serviceable.

now they have to fess up and they aren't liking it.

No reasonable fan would ever suggest Orton was All Pro this week.

No reasonable fan would ever suggest that Orton hasn't been a vast improvement over EJ in the games Orton started prior to the Chiefs game.

No reasonable fan would disagree with the fact that there are only a few QBs in the league that deliver week in and week out. Maybe 3 or 4 of them.

He lays low in the weeds during wins and comes out full force during losses - you know, like your 7yr old kid does. Hopefully he'll be quiet as a mouse again after the bills beat the dolphins Thursday.

Its a long story between the 5 musketeers who have said for Weeks Orton is far superior and given me chit for saying Orton is just serviceable.

now they have to fess up and they aren't liking it.

You said you wanted EJ in. So no.

On what planet is 2 GW drives and a 4-2 record as a starter with arguably only 1 bad game only serviceable?

Edited by FireChan

He lays low in the weeds during wins and comes out full force during losses - you know, like your 7yr old kid does. Hopefully he'll be quiet as a mouse again after the bills beat the dolphins Thursday.

Hah.

There was plenty of blame to go around this week. I tend to cut players a little more slack than coaches because when 250lb beasts are running 4.5 40s and trying to kill you, it's easy to make a mistake here and there.

Coaches on the other hand....not so much.

On Marrone:

4th and 1 - run the QB sneak

1st and 10 from the 15 - if you know you're going to not kick a FG, then why not tell you're QB and coordinator to get a few yards each down. Instead 4 straight passes to the end zone makes no sense. Even if we scored, we leave KC plenty of time to respond.

Edited by dubs

Keep Trolling keep.jpg

Except it's not from my post.

All of a sudden your accusations of spreading lies are starting to make sense.

Orton is a poor mans Flutie

Probably the dumbest comparison I've seen maybe ever, but I'll consider the source.

Edited by Rob's House

Orton didn't lose us that game. He didn't win us that game. He didn't have a great game, but he also didn't have a bad game, imo.

EJ wasn't getting it done early in the season. KO has been an improvement. KO isn't an all pro. KO isn't a hall of famer. KO isn't going to carry a team to the Superbowl. KO is the best QB we have on the team, though.

So yeah, I'll "troll" with that opinion all I want.

Well, they both have brown hair too, so there's that.

And the Bills would never go anywhere with either one, Flutie gets you 10 wins a season, Orton gets you eight.

The book is written on Orton, its still yet to be written on EJ. Id rather take my chances with the unknown than the known, but i guess for alot of you guys 8-8, would be a victory

Did anyone think Orton was really gonna take us anywhere? And theres a thread for this b/c he missed the throws.

Now that "experiment"was a real fun couple of weeks but can we please get back to the kids development now?

When the Bills lose again and are out of playoff contention, then maybe. Orton has been head and shoulders better than EJ and as long as there is the remotest chance of making the playoff, Orton is and should be the starting QB. Now can we please stop the nonsense about benching Orton and bringing in the kid that has no clue how to play QB in the NFL yet? Orton is not Peyton Manning, but he is by far better than EJ. He had a bad day, get over it.

Orton didn't lose us that game. He didn't win us that game. He didn't have a great game, but he also didn't have a bad game, imo.

EJ wasn't getting it done early in the season. KO has been an improvement. KO isn't an all pro. KO isn't a hall of famer. KO isn't going to carry a team to the Superbowl. KO is the best QB we have on the team, though.

So yeah, I'll "troll" with that opinion all I want.

This. :thumbsup:

And the Bills would never go anywhere with either one, Flutie gets you 10 wins a season, Orton gets you eight.

The book is written on Orton, its still yet to be written on EJ. Id rather take my chances with the unknown than the known, but i guess for alot of you guys 8-8, would be a victory

You would be in the minority with that....thank god

Even if we're out of contention I'd rather let Orton play the rest of the season to see if he remains consistent and continues to build chemistry with the receivers.

EJ shouldn't be considered a viable option as a starter until year after next, and even then only if he earns it in camp. You're not doing him any favors by throwing him back out there before he's ready, and he's a ways away from ready.

If the Bills are out of playoff contention, then certainly you might entertain the idea of switching back to Manuel. Doing it because he's an "unknown" is a terrible reason, though. If he shows improvement in practice, then yeah, maybe give him another shot.

I agree.

Nothing against Orton but this team as a whole is not good enough to be a playoff team. Never were. I'd rather have EJ playing and getting experience. Many on this board have already decided that he sucks. I haven't and I know others haven't. I ridiculous defense of Orton is more about a hatred for EJ than a true liking or Orton. Orton is a 31 year old journeyman. He is what he is. He's Ryan Fitzpatrick or Kelly Holcomb. The Bills should be developing EJ. The problem is that Marrone and Whalley are trying to get to 8-8 to try to save their jobs. They are playing for the short term rather than doing what is in the long term interest of the Bills. And don't try to tell me that Orton is far superior to EJ. It just isn't true. Is he better, ABSOLUTELY. He has 10 years of experience. He should be better. Does he have upside, NO. Does EJ have upside, I believe he does. Many here don't. EJ was 2-2 as s starter this year. Orton is 3-2. I believe EJ would have the same record as Orton although I have no way of proving that. At worst, I think EJ would be 2-3. This is strictly my opinion.

I'm not arguing that EJ is better than Orton right now. I'm saying that we are not talking about benching Peyton Manning and playing EJ. Orton is fine, he's just not good enough. He showed it yesterday. Lots of chances to win the game and he choked. Bad decisions, locked onto covered receivers, bad throws, stands in the pocket like a statue. Cannot get any yards at all when scrambling. 0-4 in the redzone. Marrone talked about "production at the position" as the reason to bench EJ. Well, he's not getting that with Orton.

Edited by Maddog69

You would be in the minority with that....thank god

Yeah yeah yeah, i fully do realize that. I honestly do think Orton sucks though. Im just havin a little fun shakin the Kyle Orton nuthuggin bandwagon.

Im pissed about the low score at home with great field position all game. and the three missed passes on the last drive when we could have won the game.

For the record, i did not want them to start manuel at the begining of last season, i wanted them to start Kolb, and let EJ sit and learn, but it did not work out that way. Now since they had to play him, i feel like at this point just shouldve left him in there because i dont think Orton is going to get us any more wins than EJ would. So why bother with the best backup in the league starting and fooling you into thinking playoffs?

The bottom line is this: despite what happened earlier in the game, Orton had chances to win it, but failed. This was after a bye, at home, and in a huge game. The season isn't over, but I'm not as high on Orton as I was. At best I can say that he has the experience EJ lacks, to overcome Hackett. But that's probably not enough.

EJ should be cut after this season. He will never be an NFL QB. Its like using a broken tool in your toolbox, always the same results. The tool slips and you smash your knuckles. Sorry but Manuel is broken, replace him.

Yeah, not gonna happen, no matter how much you wish for. EJ will have another chance to prove himself, this year or the next.

> The book is written on Orton, its still yet to be written on EJ.

The first few chapters of EJ's book have been written. He lacks throwing accuracy (a poor man's Fitzpatrick), almost always looks for the check-down (Trent Edwards), can't process information quickly (Losman), and lacks pocket awareness (a hint of Rob Johnson). You could say, give him time to develop, maybe he'll improve. Except that he didn't display strength in any of those areas back in college. The idea that he'll drastically improve is based on a triumph of hope over disciplined thinking.

Edited by Orton's Arm

> The book is written on Orton, its still yet to be written on EJ.

The first few chapters of EJ's book have been written. He lacks throwing accuracy (a poor man's Fitzpatrick), almost always looks for the check-down (Trent Edwards), can't process information quickly (Losman), and lacks pocket awareness (a hint of Rob Johnson). You could say, give him time to develop, maybe he'll improve. Except that he didn't display strength in any of those areas back in college. The idea that he'll drastically improve is based on a triumph of hope over disciplined thinking.

B-b-but EJ has sat on the bench now…..he's going to come back even more awesome! Then we can make more excuses for his inability to hit the broad side of a barn.

How quickly people forget there was a freaking locker room mutiny about to happen if EJ started another game.