Kouandjio expecting to be active v. Chiefs

YoloinOhio

If true, is it an indictment on the staff for waiting til October to even try it a little

It's a pretty big transition moving from College LT to NFL RG with him never playing OG before at any level of football. If he gets in, I hope he can handle DL stunts.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If true, is it an indictment on the staff for waiting til October to even try it a little

Not at all, just because he may be ready now to get a shot doesn't mean he was ready earlier. It's not written in stone that rookies are supposed to be ready to play on Week 1, it takes time. Let's just hope he improved since preseason because he was awful.

OH LORD JESUS THERE'S A FIRE

I just scared the cat.

still chuckling.

thanks

richardson has been out all week due to a death in the family. However he wasn't starting anymore so not sure why CK was practicing with 1st team. URBIK back in witness protection?

Scratch that - he'd be replacing Pears

we can only hope.

secretly I have thought this has probably been the plan all along.

But now Marrone in his infinite state of being will move Pears to tackle , his natural position.

I can only imagine where Hairston fits into the madness that is " Saint Doug's O line from hell " .

Guru my petard .

Edited by 3rdand12

This current FO/coaching staff has been a testament to the Belichick idea that to stay really bad in the NFL you have to make almost nothing but bad decisions all the time. They have made some clear mistakes wrt personnel, coaching hires, gameday decisions etc....... but a few good decisions along the way and just like that they are in playoff contention mid-way thru this season.

Hopefully our very own Venus de Milo has found her arms over the past two months.

I think Pat Morris was hiding them.

Another hazing incident gone awry and then covered with an large quilt. Remember the The Thurman Thomas Helmet incident ?

Well its not like that.

I don't see these things as mutually exclusive. See Urbik. We are all happy to see him back out there and as an upgrade, also all angry it took about half the season to figure it out.

Another reason you have my respect.. Correct to a word .

It's what we do as fans.. and we are fine with that.

Word that Sammy is iffy and now Kouandjio might be starting...ugh. this game is starting to feel like a big L to me. I see KC coming in confident like Cleveland was last night in Cinci. We haven't played very well in our last 3 home games.

kc beat writers don't like the match up, they feel a loss coming - funny how we see each other

Not at all, just because he may be ready now to get a shot doesn't mean he was ready earlier. It's not written in stone that rookies are supposed to be ready to play on Week 1, it takes time. Let's just hope he improved since preseason because he was awful.

This is a valid point 63.

I think strongly that Bills coaching staff is working the rookies up as hard as they can. Especially these 3 kids Seantrel , Cyrus and Cyril.

And planning on getting them live fire reps asap. they have done it with two of them for better or worse , now maybe the 3rd is ready to have his gut check.

Go Bills.

kc beat writers don't like the match up, they feel a loss coming - funny how we see each other

Marrone is trying to be the hoodie for this game .

I think its another heart wrenching event. and close.

How much of a down grade could Cyrus be over Pears? I would rather toss Cyrus out there for a game or two to just see what he has and give him a chance to improve and be better than Pears. Pears is one of the worst guards in the NFL currently, Cyrus even if he is just as bad stands the chance to improve.

If Urbik can just be solid at guard and Cyrus a little better than Pears than our guard situation will have improved a lot.

Edited by billsfan89

Isn't this an indictment of our entire American society? (the Deltas cheer again) Well, you can do what you want to us, but we're not going to sit here and listen to you bad-mouth the United States of America! Gentlemen!

(Sorry, someone had to do it.)

While I understand the sentiment, they never even tried it to see. If in 2 weeks they think he's a possible starter.... Well.... Should they have seen the writing on the wall or noticed the skill sets in August is a different question than should he have been ready day 1 at rg

It's a pretty big transition moving from College LT to NFL RG with him never playing OG before at any level of football. If he gets in, I hope he can handle DL stunts.

Plus too didn't Cyrus come in as a RT during camp? Seems like he would need at least a few weeks to learn the playbook and start to grasp the nuances of the position. Not surprising they needed sometime to work him and get him up to speed. It is an indictment on the staff that they waited the first few weeks of the season to start to transition him to guard.

It's hard to believe the guy on film in college is the same guy who was routinely whiffing earlier this year with the Bills. I hope he's figuring it out, whether it was the speed, different position or health. He did not look like an NFL player, but I think he's got more to show.

While I understand the sentiment, they never even tried it to see. If in 2 weeks they think he's a possible starter.... Well.... Should they have seen the writing on the wall or noticed the skill sets in August is a different question than should he have been ready day 1 at rg

I think players earn their opportunities in practice, there is too much riding on each game to take such a risk. We all saw how poorly he played in preseason, if he practices all week and plays as bad as he did before, it's a possible disaster. Coaches can't afford mistakes like that.

It really comes down to the fact that we have severe deficiencies at the line, and there isn't much you can do about it once the season starts. It's frustrating to watch, and we can throw out suggestions, but for the most part, we're stuck. You hope the rookies progress quickly but it's a lot to hope for.

I think players earn their opportunities in practice, there is too much riding on each game to take such a risk. We all saw how poorly he played in preseason, if he practices all week and plays as bad as he did before, it's a possible disaster. Coaches can't afford mistakes like that.

It really comes down to the fact that we have severe deficiencies at the line, and there isn't much you can do about it once the season starts. It's frustrating to watch, and we can throw out suggestions, but for the most part, we're stuck. You hope the rookies progress quickly but it's a lot to hope for.

The realist resides here ^

Painful truths

I really don't think we could do much worse than Pears at right guard. What the heck, it's not like their would be an increase in missed blocking assignments, tackles for a loss or sacks given up

Edited by SJDK

Ok if CK is ready to play at G... Why would you not put him at LG and then Urbik back to his regular spot at RG? Then at least you don't have two rookies next to each other. Amirite?

because Marrone is an idiot and thinks he knows what he's doing becaise he played OL at some point.