Fitzy to the bench in Houston

YoloinOhio

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You just summed up what all of the fans of Orton's teams think of him.

Fitz is limited but he is not the problem with that team. It's amazing how much hype Mallett gets.

There are a few difference though. Orton throws about 1.49 TD to every INT (92 TD 62 INT) while Fitz throws 1.15 TD to every INT (117 TD 101 INT). The biggest difference though (and this stems from his amazing ability to NOT WIN late in games) is that Fitz has a career record of 31-54-1 (36%) while Orton has a career record of 38-36 (51%).

I like Fitz as much as anyone on here. He (like EJ) just isn't at the same level as Orton. KO is in the tier with Dalton, Alex Smith, Flacco, Tannehill and some others. It has been said on this board numerous times that if the Bills got decent QB play they would contend for a playoff spot. That appears to be coming to fruition. Whether or not they get there remains to be seen. For the 1st time in forever though QB play isn't what is holding them back.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

• 2 weeks later...

very interested in ryan mallett. big arm, very accurate. gotta hunch he'll be good.

yea yea I know, its only one game.......i'm telling ya, he's going to be a good one.

Houston only gave up a 7th round pick for him (could become a 6th).

I would have given new England a third round pick.

yea yea I know, its only one game.......i'm telling ya, he's going to be a good one.

The guy is a crackhead who runs like Frankenstein. He has been in the league 93 years and threw his first TD yesterday. Sanchez looked good last week too. Unfortunately the current Pats backup will be 100 time the player Mallet will ever be.

Edited by 4merper4mer

How about waiting more than one game before the droolfest begins.

There are a few difference though. Orton throws about 1.49 TD to every INT (92 TD 62 INT) while Fitz throws 1.15 TD to every INT (117 TD 101 INT). The biggest difference though (and this stems from his amazing ability to NOT WIN late in games) is that Fitz has a career record of 31-54-1 (36%) while Orton has a career record of 38-36 (51%).

I like Fitz as much as anyone on here. He (like EJ) just isn't at the same level as Orton. KO is in the tier with Dalton, Alex Smith, Flacco, Tannehill and some others. It has been said on this board numerous times that if the Bills got decent QB play they would contend for a playoff spot. That appears to be coming to fruition. Whether or not they get there remains to be seen. For the 1st time in forever though QB play isn't what is holding them back.

The obvious reason why many fans are willing to accept decent qb is that they find subpar qb play lasting a generation is distasteful to watch .It is a sad commentary on this frachise when the standard of play is so low that an average level of play is a major leap forward.

Orton's level of play in the KC and Miami games regressed. Two very winnable games were lost opportunities because an average qb played below his average talent level. I don't believe the Bills will be using a high draft pick on a qb in the next draft, especially since they gave up a first round pick in the move up for Watkins. In my opinion the Bills need to get the best free agent qb in the market (assuming that he is better than Orton) as a bridge qb and then bide their time until they are in a position to acquire their long-term qb in the draft.

Hoyer is a heady qb who falls in the average talent range. He is a good example that an at best solid qb can at least stabililze the position and offense and allow your team to compete.

In watching the first half of the Pats/Colts game it is starkly clear that when you watch NFL games with elie qbs playing you understand that it is simply a different game. Throws made on a regular basis in those games don't exist in games played by the Bills.

Edited by JohnC

The obvious reason why many fans are willing to accept decent qb is that they find subpar qb play lasting a generation is distasteful to watch .It is a sad commentary on this frachise when the standard of play is so low that an average level of play is a major leap forward.

Orton's level of play in the KC and Miami games regressed. Two very winnable games were lost opportunities because an average qb played below his average talent level. I don't believe the Bills will be using a high draft pick on a qb in the next draft, especially since they gave up a first round pick in the move up for Watkins. In my opinion the Bills need to get the best free agent qb in the market (assuming that he is better than Orton) as a bridge qb and then bide their time until they are in a position to acquire their long-term qb in the draft.

Hoyer is a heady qb who falls in the average talent range. He is a good example that an at best solid qb can at least stabililze the position and offense and allow your team to compete.

In watching the first half of the Pats/Colts game it is starkly clear that when you watch NFL games with elie qbs playing you understand that it is simply a different game. Throws made on a regular basis in those games don't exist in games played by the Bills.

Luck throws one of the prettiest balls I have ever seen. I am definitely left wanting watching KO.

Luck throws one of the prettiest balls I have ever seen. I am definitely left wanting watching KO.

I don't know, I saw him grossly overthrow a wide open receiver in the second half that would have been a TD and brought Indy back to within a score of NE*. I've seen plenty of that in Buffalo!

Bills had spoken with NE re: Mallett, who knows what they offered? NE decided to send him out of the division, FWIW. The Bills also were the only team to offer 2 picks for Alex Smith, KC was forced to match ( they had the earlier pick) or Smith would be a Bill. I believe Whaley has tried to improve the position, I blame NIx as the biggest reason for our QB quandary. He had several opportunities to draft guys outside of the 1st round and wouldn't pull the trigger.

I don't know, I saw him grossly overthrow a wide open receiver in the second half that would have been a TD and brought Indy back to within a score of NE*. I've seen plenty of that in Buffalo!

You can credit that to BB. There really isn't a better defensive coach out there. He knows what a QBlikes to do ( in this case, climb the pocket) so he took that away. Luck is tough as heck and will take every hit, but his timing was thrown off just a bit; that was a sure TD vs most teams/ coaches. As much as I hate the guy, he's just on a different level. Thing is, of all your elite QBs , Brady would look the worst of all of them if he had to go against Belichick... He's purely a pocket climber and can't do much else . He's not nearly as tough as Luck. But BB knows this and knows exactly how to protect him. They struggled to do this early in the season , but he got it corrected. That's what great coaching is. They've just got a bunch of random guys in there up front, butthey get it done, and if they don't , somebody else starts. Just sucks to be in the same division with BB/ Brady because you have little chance of a division title, and even WC uses div record as tiebreaker. Luck is a great QB , and easily the best of the young guns. Don't be confused, even the great ones look a bit more ordinary vs the hoodie. He's been torturing Bills fans since Superbowl XXV!

yeah i saw that too. Luck is the most accurate qb i've ever seen but he missed that dude by quite a bit for a sure TD.

just goes to show how tough the NFL qb job is.

there are some years, like EJ's draft class, where there isn't one single good NFL quarterback produced by the entire college football nation.

its baffling man. Look at Eli, a 2 time superbowl MVP who has played some of the worst football in the league for 2 years now.

NFL will always be my number one sport by far, but i wish it didnt have so much reliance on having an elite qb. if you dont have one you're never going anywhere, yet there are only a handful in the entire world.

But it was pretty. In fact all 7 of his turnovers in last year's playoffs were pretty. Just like the Emperor's new clothes.