Report: Sammy Watkins "Bruised Ribs" were actually Broken Ribs

johnwalter

Could tell he was playing through some serious pain. At the time I thought they might bother him through the season. They must still hurt, but I guess not as bad as before. Kudos to him for gutting it out. Also the short-arm during the SD game makes more sense - you have to be thinking of self-preservation at some level with an injury like that.

Edited by stevewin

This is probably why we have not seen a lot of jet sweeps or quick screens to Sammy.

I don't care if he ever runs a jet sweep. But I'd like to see him on a quick screen when a defender is laying 10 yards off, which I think we'll see more of because he's a beast vs. press coverages.

If we ever get Goodwin healthy enough to be the speed threat he is, we could be a scary pass offense.

GO BILLS!!!

I don't care if he ever runs a jet sweep. But I'd like to see him on a quick screen when a defender is laying 10 yards off, which I think we'll see more of because he's a beast vs. press coverages.

If we ever get Goodwin healthy enough to be the speed threat he is, we could be a scary pass offense.

GO BILLS!!!

goodwin practiced today. Also he burned KC last yr for a TD.

The man said as much himself after the Houston game. No one listened though.

What, you mean LaCanITellYaSomeBS was a day late and dollar short with details we all knew four+ weeks ago?

Did he say whether any Toronto stadium sites have been explored?

Can't wait to see more of Lee Smith in the Goodwin role (they are practically twins) and Frank Summers or Chris Hogan in the Mike Williams role.

I think this is unfair as Hackett utilized Goodwin's threat a lot last year from both the slot and wideout positions and he wasn't against using TJ Graham in that role when Goodwin was out. Not having that threat this year at the same time SW was nursing an injury put a crimp on things I think.

GO BILLS!!!

I think this is unfair as Hackett utilized Goodwin's threat a lot last year from both the slot and wideout positions and he wasn't against using TJ Graham in that role when Goodwin was out. Not having that threat this year at the same time SW was nursing an injury put a crimp on things I think.

GO BILLS!!!

I remember several games, mostly with Thad Lewis, where those deep routes were highly successful. The QB is the one not throwing the deep routes or checking out of them.

Can't wait to see more of Lee Smith in the Goodwin role (they are practically twins) and Frank Summers or Chris Hogan in the Mike Williams role.

So, we are knocking the OC and the offensive play because a player cannot get on the field? I thought Goodwin was prodigal? I thought he made TJ Graham worthless? Thought he made all others unnecessary? Hell, I read that we already had speed and a deep thread and did not need Watkins?

Frank Summers gets shat on? He has been efficiently used on offense and a better argument could be made that he is not used enough vs. used too often.

Hogan does work on this offense. Mike Williams issue is a wash, we just don't know.

I remember several games, mostly with Thad Lewis, where those deep routes were highly successful. The QB is the one not throwing the deep routes or checking out of them.

So, we are knocking the OC and the offensive play because a player cannot get on the field? I thought Goodwin was prodigal? I thought he made TJ Graham worthless? Thought he made all others unnecessary? Hell, I read that we already had speed and a deep thread and did not need Watkins?

Frank Summers gets shat on? He has been efficiently used on offense and a better argument could be made that he is not used enough vs. used too often.

Hogan does work on this offense. Mike Williams issue is a wash, we just don't know.

No, TJ Graham made TJ Graham worthless...

Could you imagine what this thread would look like if it was about Fred playing through broken ribs? Instead if a bunch of I knew its and it was obvious, this place would be a crazy Fred love fest about his heart and beastliness.

You never give up, do you? You might want to consider adding another trick to your pony.