Week 9 - Who to root for. The Dolphins?!

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For sure rooting for the Broncos over Pats.

For sure rooting for Jets over Chiefs as I want the Jets to win as many games as possible sans the second Bills game to screw themselves out of a pick.

I'm rooting for the Phins for a different reason. I can envision a scenario where the Pats struggle through their next few games and they fall down to third in the division. It is a pipe dream (a pipe filled with some really high quality sh*t) but I would love to see the AFC East finish with the Bills on top at something like 11-5,12-4, hell if we're pipe dreaming 13-3 and the Fins one game behind that. With the Pats* just missing the playoffs.

The only other game I disagree with the rooting interest in the article is rooting against the Colts. Having the Colts get home field advantage over the Pats* if they do end up winning the division would be great. Part of the success imo of the Pats* is due to the fact that they regularly beat up on a sub par division, get a bye, play on their home field for 1 game, and voila! They are in the AFC Championship game.

I still want to upgrade the TE spot but it isn't looking too bad recently. Chandler has stepped it up.

When I said "a couple holes" I was thinking OG and TE. Although perhaps RT, too, at least this soon into Seantrel's career.

Chandler may be able to benefit from Orton's ability to put the ball into tight windows which may make Chandler's long body and long arms much more valuable than EJ passing to him. We saw it on 4th and 24. We saw it on the TD against the Jets.

I would say the Bills are a 10-6 or 9-7 team, have some great and some questionable coaching, and have a couple holes.

I hope you're right. I just don't see them beating NE, Denver or GB. So that is 6 losses. I don't believe we will win all 5 of the remaining games. But that's why they play the games. 10-6 would be fantastic.

I hope you're right. I just don't see them beating NE, Denver or GB. So that is 6 losses. I don't believe we will win all 5 of the remaining games. But that's why they play the games. 10-6 would be fantastic.

Yup. And I agree that is a slightly optimistic view. 9-7 is much more likely than 10-6. I think we have a decent chance to upset GB depending on health of both teams.

I'm rooting for KC, Denver, and San Diego this week. I just can't help it.

On another note, the Bills were 5-1 in 2008, and 5-2 in 2011, and both teams managed to collapse into losing seasons. 7-9 & 6-10. This years Bills 5-3 team still has some major flaws in the run game, and being graded as the worst O line in the NFL. Plus, the snow is coming, and they will need a running game.

So, I'll reserve my thoughts on the playoffs until they find a way to upgrade those flaws.

Actually rooting for the Jets or Dolphins would be like making out with my sister. Something forbidden and shameful. That said, I wouldn't mind it if the Jets beat the Chiefs. I'm pulling for San Diego because I think Miami is gaining momentum, and we need them to lose as many games as possible to stay ahead of them in the division. I know most folks are just hoping for a wild card berth, but I think we can win the division.

I'm rooting for KC, Denver, and San Diego this week. I just can't help it.

On another note, the Bills were 5-1 in 2008, and 5-2 in 2011, and both teams managed to collapse into losing seasons. 7-9 & 6-10. This years Bills 5-3 team still has some major flaws in the run game, and being graded as the worst O line in the NFL. Plus, the snow is coming, and they will need a running game.

So, I'll reserve my thoughts on the playoffs until they find a way to upgrade those flaws.

I'm rooting for whatever is best for the Bills and this week that's the Jets, Dolphins, and Denver winning. With regard to the Bills' warts, darn near every NFL team has weaknesses and flaws that can be exploited.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

I was thinking about sunday just today. But i have made plans to get some major chores done at my eldest daughters house. Since the Bills are not playing of course.

I honestly dont know who i would watch or root for. except Patriots. i dont care for that team very much at all.

A devastating and injury riddled loss would be something i could deal with. Or at least a beat down

Edited by 3rdand12

After a quick peek at the nfl schedule this week, I'm pretty sure I will be blasphemous and rooting for the Jets and the Dolphins. I know how criminal that sounds so please convince me otherwise.

I'm much more concerned about the Chargers as a potential playoff contender than the Dolphins. And in order for the Dolphins to get to, say, 10-6, they would have to beat us next Thursday, which they are not going to do. They are a 8-8 team, do not have great coaching, and have plenty of holes.

So I'm really not worried about them. And if they beat us, we don't really have a great shot at the playoffs either. We need that game.

So I think I don't mind the Dolphins being 5-3 going against us if it meant the Chargers who already beat us were 5-4 instead of 6-3.

And the Jets are going nowhere so we want them to beat The Chiefs, even though it's highly unlikely.

Talk me out of this madness!

No talking you out of a solid analysis. We need the Dolphins to win. They are, as usual, over rated and the Bills should beat them again. i would absolutely love the Jests to beats the Chefs.

Yup. And I agree that is a slightly optimistic view. 9-7 is much more likely than 10-6. I think we have a decent chance to upset GB depending on health of both teams.

I agree on Green Bay. I think it is likely we will lose one of the "winnable" games and win one of the "unwinnable" games. Green Bay is very possible. So is New England. I realize people are expecting the usual to happen here, and there is certainly reason for that outlook, but I just think this team is different. I guess we shall see, but I am optimistic about 10 & 6 and have not given up on the Division. If NE rolls Denver this week, I may buy into them, but not yet.

After a quick peek at the nfl schedule this week, I'm pretty sure I will be blasphemous and rooting for the Jets and the Dolphins. I know how criminal that sounds so please convince me otherwise.

I'm much more concerned about the Chargers as a potential playoff contender than the Dolphins. And in order for the Dolphins to get to, say, 10-6, they would have to beat us next Thursday, which they are not going to do. They are a 8-8 team, do not have great coaching, and have plenty of holes.

So I'm really not worried about them. And if they beat us, we don't really have a great shot at the playoffs either. We need that game.

So I think I don't mind the Dolphins being 5-3 going against us if it meant the Chargers who already beat us were 5-4 instead of 6-3.

And the Jets are going nowhere so we want them to beat The Chiefs, even though it's highly unlikely.

Talk me out of this madness!

Brother, I think that we can agree that both of us devote way too much time into this. :) That said, I have thought about it and came to the same conclusion. Miami has a brutal schedule ahead and SD beat us. I won't be upset either way mind you but I am in agreement with you. It is also cool that NE plays Denver and the Ravens play the Steelers.

Now, if only the Jets can beat KC! n any event, I am rooting for the Jets and Miami this week. Strange indeed.

Edited by Bill from NYC

I'm rooting for the Jets. But really...it's just pity rooting.

Nooooo!

KC is my survivor pick.

Yeah I think with the Dolphins and Chargers you want both to lose. Chargers own the tie break on the Bills so you'd need them to lose out enough to have a worse record than the Bills.

It doesn't seem likely. Rooting for the Chargers to Win the Division and somehow upsetting the Broncos in Denver is more likely (which pretty much not likely at all)

Nooooo!

KC is my survivor pick.

Yeah I think with the Dolphins and Chargers you want both to lose. Chargers own the tie break on the Bills so you'd need them to lose out enough to have a worse record than the Bills.

It doesn't seem likely. Rooting for the Chargers to Win the Division and somehow upsetting the Broncos in Denver is more likely (which pretty much not likely at all)

Chargers still have to face Den, NE, BAL, SF, & KC. It's not like they have a cakewalk. On a side note, their game against NE Will help us no matter who wins.