Who shouldn't be fired?

as a point of information, i believe hacketts thread is the only serious one currently and most that are upset in there arent even calling for an immediate firing.

That ONE thread is in itself worthy of satire IMO. What actual NFL people fire an OC that's running the offense of a 5-3 football team? None. Fans who call for such firing are comical IMO.

as a point of information, i believe hacketts thread is the only serious one currently and most that are upset in there arent even calling for an immediate firing.

This.

That ONE thread is in itself worthy of satire IMO. What actual NFL people fire an OC that's running the offense of a 5-3 football team? None. Fans who call for such firing are comical IMO.

Hmmmmmmmmmmm. The Baltimore Ravens? Look how that worked out for them..

This.

Hmmmmmmmmmmm. The Baltimore Ravens? Look how that worked out for them..

Seriously.....why we we not look to get better. I am thrilled we are 5-3. But what if we finish 8-8 and miss the playoffs? What if we are in the top 5 or even top 3 in defense and miss the playoffs going 8-8? Is firing Hackett silly?

The Ravens example is awesome!!! Super Bowl because they continued to evaluate their team all the time.

Maybe like the Jauron years we should just extend Hackett's contract because we are 5-3 or because we scored 5+ TDs last week.

It is important not to get too high or too low....but how good could our team be and how much is Hackett holding it back? I am not talking about the Jets game. I am talking about 80% or more of the 24 games Hackett has called plays. He is not an NFL OC at this point in his life especially if he doesn't adapt more.

Edited by Manther

Seriously.....why we we not look to get better. I am thrilled we are 5-3. But what if we finish 8-8 and miss the playoffs? What if we are in the top 5 or even top 3 in defense and miss the playoffs going 8-8? Is firing Hackett silly?

The Ravens example is awesome!!! Super Bowl because they continued to evaluate their team all the time.

Maybe like the Jauron years we should just extend Hackett's contract because we are 5-3 or because we scored 5+ TDs last week.

It is important not to get too high or too low....but how good could our team be and how much is Hackett holding it back? I am not talking about the Jets game. I am talking about 80% or more of the 24 games Hackett has called plays. He is not an NFL OC at this point in his life especially if he doesn't adapt more.

While i feel its way too premature to have this firing NH discussion, i like the concept of continuously evaluating every aspect of your team. Waiting until the end of the season to do so may be too late.

The Ravens won the super bowl after doing it. And I think put to a vote most wouldn't say fire him today, they just don't want to be stuck with him long term without improvement.... Otherwise, spot on

But what if we finish 8-8 and miss the playoffs? What if we are in the top 5 or even top 3 in defense and miss the playoffs going 8-8? Is firing Hackett silly?

But we are not 8-8. We are 5-3. If we end up 8-8 and top 5 in defense, particularly in points allowed then I think firing Hackett becomes a strong probability. The Ravens fired Cam Cameron in 2012 at 9-4 but on a two game skid and for a very specific reason - he was not putting the ball in Ray Rice's hands. I am all for evaluating as you go and I am not a Hackett fan - I have in fits of rage after games said he should be fired. In reality I think we should continue to evaluate as we go. It is no point saying "what if this happens" and "what if that happens". He should be judged on actual results (both team Ws and the performance of the offense).

If we finish 8-8 or better, I'm ok with giving the coaching staff another season... though I'm still really not sold on Hackett.

We'll need to shore up the offensive line, and figure out our running back situation, though if we are to improve further.

Scwartz is doing a dam fine job! From one of the worst rushing defenses to one of the best. And we are still getting to the QB even without blitzing every down like Pettine did. Give that man a raise!

Oh and fire everyone else! That is all