Fire Hackett

I am not a Hackett fan but my issue is more with personnel than play calling. There was a play yesterday where Lee Smith, Chris Gragg, Frank Summers, Boobie Dixon and Chris Hogan were all on the field!!! That's just murderer's row right there. (They murder your chances of moving the football). The bad players play too many snaps (Lee Smith especially). At the same time he hasn't found a way to get Bryce Brown involved until yesterday and Milke Williams hasn't been involved much this year. That is on Hackett IMO.

FWIW I thought that he called a better game yesterday than he did against the Jets.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A good OC knows if his QB is off or not? I guess if a QB throws a bad pick, it's the OC's fault?

Funny how some of you say you hate Jauron ball, then blast the OC for "going for the throat." Make up your mind.

Quick question, was Tuel "on his game" for the first half of the KC game last year? Yep. Yet Hackett got blamed for his pass play on third down after getting stuffed twice. Funny how that works, right?

Yes, a good OC can sense if his guy is in the zone or not. All INTs are not the same, sometimes the defense just gets you, and you just don't see a guy. Many variables there. I personally did not blame Hackett for the Tuel play last year. It was an easy play, you just had to be willing to take a hit if you saw a blitz pre snap. Tuel saw the blitz and made the mistake of deciding where he was going to throw pre-snap. A cardinal sin of QBing in the NFL. But that was not on NH. Hackett doesn't seem to have a feel for the game. It's not that he's never aggressive , he just seems to not be a good judge of WHEN to be aggressive and when not to be. That's what I have issue with. Orton was playing well vs Jets and the Jets had a wounded secondary. Yet NH plays it close to the vest when he got gift turnovers from Geno Smith on the Jets half of the field. That game should have been over with at halftime, so fans were annoyed. Orton was off since the opening drive yesterday and NH gets a great drive start at the KC 25. Time is no issue, in fact keeping it on the ground and using some clock makes sense. Orton has been erratic and Watkins has no burst. Give KO some high percentage passes, throw in the flat to RBs and keep the chains and clock moving. Take a shot if you see it, but not 4 shots to the EZ when you can get a first down and at least leave yourself a 3rd or 4th and makeable, get it? The guy can design some decent plays but he sucks at calling them.

I am not a Hackett fan but my issue is more with personnel than play calling. There was a play yesterday where Lee Smith, Chris Gragg, Frank Summers, Boobie Dixon and Chris Hogan were all on the field!!! That's just murderer's row right there. (They murder your chances of moving the football). The bad players play too many snaps (Lee Smith especially). At the same time he hasn't found a way to get Bryce Brown involved until yesterday and Milke Williams hasn't been involved much this year. That is on Hackett IMO.

FWIW I thought that he called a better game yesterday than he did against the Jets.

You hit the nail on the head when it comes to personnel.

So many times I have said the same thing. Like trying to throw the ball to Lee Smith. That guy stinks at everything as far as i am concerned why i she in on a a third down running a route?

So many times you will see a running back in that should not be. Like a CJ up the gut when Freddie or Dixon should be there.

Hackett is overwhelmed and it continues to show week in and week out. God bless a vet like Orton who has been around some better coached teams. I am sure he is thinking things are a joke. He may like it in one regard because he can shrug off Doug and Hackett and do what needs to be done.

The flow of the game and speed is something that Hackett has still not caught up to. I am sure his mentor will give him another year to prove what he has learned.

Yes, a good OC can sense if his guy is in the zone or not. All INTs are not the same, sometimes the defense just gets you, and you just don't see a guy. Many variables there. I personally did not blame Hackett for the Tuel play last year. It was an easy play, you just had to be willing to take a hit if you saw a blitz pre snap. Tuel saw the blitz and made the mistake of deciding where he was going to throw pre-snap. A cardinal sin of QBing in the NFL. But that was not on NH. Hackett doesn't seem to have a feel for the game. It's not that he's never aggressive , he just seems to not be a good judge of WHEN to be aggressive and when not to be. That's what I have issue with. Orton was playing well vs Jets and the Jets had a wounded secondary. Yet NH plays it close to the vest when he got gift turnovers from Geno Smith on the Jets half of the field. That game should have been over with at halftime, so fans were annoyed. Orton was off since the opening drive yesterday and NH gets a great drive start at the KC 25. Time is no issue, in fact keeping it on the ground and using some clock makes sense. Orton has been erratic and Watkins has no burst. Give KO some high percentage passes, throw in the flat to RBs and keep the chains and clock moving. Take a shot if you see it, but not 4 shots to the EZ when you can get a first down and at least leave yourself a 3rd or 4th and makeable, get it? The guy can design some decent plays but he sucks at calling them.

I dont know how many times Ive had to debunk this theory. The defender that was on SJ13 fell and got up exactly where the pass was intended to the other receiver.

I swear the Bills are cursed. THink about that...SJ13 juked his defender so bad that he fell. When he gets up the ball is in his hands. That lane should have been clear for an easy TD.

Today I explained to my friend all the sh.it that happened in yesterdays game and he couldnt believe it. He also witnessed Mckelvin Fumbling against Pats. I told him it was Mckelvin again. HE LAUGHED!

Agree all around. HATE the groupings and formations.

He called a much better game on Sunday though.

There is no reason Lee Smith should be on the field. Summers is mostly worthless. As is Gragg. I believe this sole concept of the extra TEs, insisting on playing Smith and Summers so much, bunch formations and therefore less spread and space and Mike Williams is the one reason we are not 6-3 or even 7-2. And that is on Marrone and Hackett.

I dont know how many times Ive had to debunk this theory. The defender that was on SJ13 fell and got up exactly where the pass was intended to the other receiver.

I swear the Bills are cursed. THink about that...SJ13 juked his defender so bad that he fell. When he gets up the ball is in his hands. That lane should have been clear for an easy TD.

Today I explained to my friend all the sh.it that happened in yesterdays game and he couldnt believe it. He also witnessed Mckelvin Fumbling against Pats. I told him it was Mckelvin again. HE LAUGHED!

he didnt fall, he got juked but was reading tuels eyes and saw he was staring down another WR. Graham, who prob wouldnt have even caught it as he had his defender draped on his back...Tuel simply decided he was throwing there no matter what...which is why as a coach and madden player i run it there and take the FG if i have to...i hate passes to the flat or outside in the red zone...unless its 4rth down end of game senario you just shouldnt be throwing. Take 3 points or learn how to run the ball for a yard!

I wanted them to run the ball as well--that doesn't change the fact that Hogan was wide open at the goal line on 3rd down and Orton simply missed him for the would-be go-ahead TD. There's only so far you can fault play-calling...it's one thing to disagree with philosophy; it's quite another to deny that a drawn-up play had its intended effect.

thats 1 out of what 8 passes that were there...the other plays sucked and werent there. where was mike williams? the screen? the draw that we usually run too mcuh now it gets abandoned? Hacket gets 3 -4 plays stuck in his head and its all he'll run that day.

he didnt fall, he got juked but was reading tuels eyes and saw he was staring down another WR. Graham, who prob wouldnt have even caught it as he had his defender draped on his back...Tuel simply decided he was throwing there no matter what...which is why as a coach and madden player i run it there and take the FG if i have to...i hate passes to the flat or outside in the red zone...unless its 4rth down end of game senario you just shouldnt be throwing. Take 3 points or learn how to run the ball for a yard!

thats 1 out of what 8 passes that were there...the other plays sucked and werent there. where was mike williams? the screen? the draw that we usually run too mcuh now it gets abandoned? Hacket gets 3 -4 plays stuck in his head and its all he'll run that day.

If you read past my first sentence I used JUKE! Also, "he was reading his eyes" my as.s! Dude is on the ground and gets up and finds a gift. Give me a break. His job was to stay with SJ13.

I disagree... Tuel panicked cuz he wasn't willing to take a hit from the listing defender. I contend the DB was just rerouting SJ and was playing the slant all the way... That play was designed to be a slant and they had seen it on film... Regardless if Tuel had any sack at all he sees the DB stumble, doesn't panic throws the easiest TD he' ll ever get in the NFl to a wide open SJ and takes a huge shot but jumps up in celebration... He panicked plain and simple... Kinda like EJ threw it right to JJ Watt even bough he could see him and was unblocked. " but he wasn't supposed to be there!" Well , he was and that was the moment you knew the game hadn't "slowed down" for EJ yet. That something had to be done. It's the kind of play that shows if a guy has " it" or not.

Agree all around. HATE the groupings and formations.

He called a much better game on Sunday though.

There is no reason Lee Smith should be on the field. Summers is mostly worthless. As is Gragg. I believe this sole concept of the extra TEs, insisting on playing Smith and Summers so much, bunch formations and therefore less spread and space and Mike Williams is the one reason we are not 6-3 or even 7-2. And that is on Marrone and Hackett.

Why...throw...48...times...against...the....#1...pass...defense? then run only 22 times when the Bills are tearing it up to the tune of 5.0 YPC avg?

C'mon guys, last week they tried to run more into the teeth of a strong run defense, and weak pass defense against the Jets. The Chiefs have a much weaker run defense, so the brainiac OC call for more passes :doh:

Then maroon has one of the better red zone threats inactive to have more coverage players active when he has an extra kicker that kicks it out of the back of the endzone! Sofa king we Todd Ed !!

Fair post Boatdrinks. Nate is not stupid He has a wealth of knowledge, he does struggle to apply it still. He and Marrone need to do better with the rhythm of the game for sure

Why...throw...48...times...against...the....#1...pass...defense? then run only 22 times when the Bills are tearing it up to the tune of 5.0 YPC avg?

C'mon guys, last week they tried to run more into the teeth of a strong run defense, and weak pass defense against the Jets. The Chiefs have a much weaker run defense, so the brainiac OC call for more passes :doh:

Then maroon has one of the better red zone threats inactive to have more coverage players active when he has an extra kicker that kicks it out of the back of the endzone! Sofa king we Todd Ed !!

I'm beginning to think that Hackett actually says to himself and Marrone, "These guys haven't been able to stop the run all year, they expect us to run, but we're gonna pass." Or Vice Versa with the pass.

I'm beginning to think that Hackett actually says to himself and Marrone, "These guys haven't been able to stop the run all year, they expect us to run, but we're gonna pass." Or Vice Versa with the pass.

He's always 1 step ahead of common sense. "They will never suspect Lee Smith on 4th and 10." Sometimes I just want to be like Nate, "they won't expect it because it makes no sense. They would love for you to play those stiffs. Also, thanks for not dressing Mike Williams or Bryce Brown all year. Keep Larry Dean active."

He's always 1 step ahead of common sense. "They will never suspect Lee Smith on 4th and 10." Sometimes I just want to be like Nate, "they won't expect it because it makes no sense. They would love for you to play those stiffs. Also, thanks for not dressing Mike Williams or Bryce Brown all year. Keep Larry Dean active."

Those guys are inactive because we lost 3 games last year due to special teams blunders. And our best special teamer is injured. And they, MW especially, suck at ST or don't even play it. Sucks for him he's the 3rd best WR on the roster. Get better or learn to play ST and you'll see the field.

Edited by FireChan

It's called coaching by fear. Fear that the other team is expecting you to exploit their weakness so go after their strength. Fear the other team will stop you on 4th and 1 so punt. Fear the other team expects the power run on short yardage situations so try shotgun delay draws instead. Force the screen pass into alignments designed to stop it figuring they'll think we would never call such a stupid play and not cover it.

A coach with a testicle will call plays that work and force the other team to stop it. We have a coaching staff of eunuchs.

Those guys are inactive because we lost 3 games last year due to special teams blunders. And our best special teamer is injured. And they, MW especially, suck at ST or don't even play it. Sucks for him he's the 3rd best WR on the roster. Get better or learn to play ST and you'll see the field.

It's a good thing we didn't have any game-breaking special teams blunders yesterday.

I would never sit my 3rd best WR in favor of my 5th best special teamer.

It's a good thing we didn't have any game-breaking special teams blunders yesterday.

I know you have a brain, so I'll expect you to take back that idiotic comment in about 10 minutes.

I would never sit my 3rd best WR in favor of my 5th best special teamer.

Are we talking Hogan here?