Fire Hackett

Its amusing to me to see this poster keep defending an offensive coaching staff that I think even he is smart enough to see is not very good. But, its what he does. :lol:

You seem to be dancing around the fact that this current team fields the very worst O lines in the league, and one of the very worst offenses under a supposed offensive & O line guru.

I gotta admit, I haven't heard the Marrone should get credit for the defense spiel from him yet.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its amusing to me to see this poster keep defending an offensive coaching staff that I think even he is smart enough to see is not very good. But, its what he does. :lol:

You seem to be dancing around the fact that this current team fields the very worst O lines in the league, and one of the very worst offenses under a supposed offensive & O line guru.

I gotta admit, I haven't heard the Marrone should get credit for the defense spiel from him yet.

Fire Hackett he didn't sign Levitre to a new contact?

A lot of people are blaming Marrone, but its very possible that KO has seen something that he does not like.

im not sure our backup qb signed a week before the season should be able to overrule the coach. marrone is in on this decision, regardless. whether the issue is compounded by KOs taste could be a factor but......

I'm beginning to think that 4merper4mer is Mike Williams the way he's standing up for him in multiple threads. CAn't blame him for not using his real name though :rolleyes:

it would be quite the name for him to select though!

lots of guys with baggage and big dollar deals get passed around on the cheap - randy moss (4), santonio holmes (5), and perhaps percy harvin (early, but fair) being recent receivers in our division that might qualify. and thats a pretty specific sampling from 1 position and 4 teams over the last few years that come to mind immediately.

You're saying Moss and Holmes were productive on 4 and 5 teams? Really?

Percy is no good. I'm surprised you didn't say DJax.

Anyway, while you do have clear evidence of guys going elsewhere and dominating, there are many examples of guys going elsewhere and sucking, or playing well below their average. Lee Evans comes to mind. SJ13 is pretty quiet this year (and they gave us a third!). Chad Ochocinco. etc etc

You're saying Moss and Holmes were productive on 4 and 5 teams? Really?

Percy is no good. I'm surprised you didn't say DJax.

im saying they were traded for a 4 and a 5. since you qualified that it had to be a previously productive guy traded for very little that produced at his new team. desean jackson being cut would also probably be a good example of a productive guy with a big contract moving on (and for free!)

im not the one that acted like it never happens.

Anyway, while you do have clear evidence of guys going elsewhere and dominating, there are many examples of guys going elsewhere and sucking, or playing well below their average. Lee Evans comes to mind. SJ13 is pretty quiet this year (and they gave us a third!). Chad Ochocinco. etc etc

chad was 33, lee was 30 and injured at his new team.

stevie is on pace for 55 catches, 700 yards and 5 tds

mike williams has 8 catches and is struggling to be active on gameday. sure it has happened but its strange to be this bad. its by far the exception. if williams was pacing for 30 catches and 400 yards, id grant you that kind of argument - but 8 catches and a healthy scratch multiple times?

Edited by NoSaint

super kewl story bro' tell us more.....

im not sure our backup qb signed a week before the season should be able to overrule the coach. marrone is in on this decision, regardless. whether the issue is compounded by KOs taste could be a factor but......

If he tells Marrone ... "I will not throw to him in a game" ... What is Marrone going to do? Once on the field Marrrone has no ability to force Orton to throw the ball to MW. Sooner or later a team would figure that out, no?

If he tells Marrone ... "I will not throw to him in a game" ... What is Marrone going to do? Once on the field Marrrone has no ability to force Orton to throw the ball to MW. Sooner or later a team would figure that out, no?

Of course Marrone does. He's the coach. He says the same thing to Orton.

Of course, I doubt very, very, very, very much Orton doesn't want him out there. Ask Orton during pregame warmups if he wants Mike Williams activated or Larry David.

Larry Dean, of course.

that would be signs of a pretty dysfunctional organization and i would think fall hard on the head coach. i also do not think orton would do that, but....

its possible marrone already didnt like him and it helped nudge that direction if KO wasnt happy either. one would hope that problem would be remedied in 6 weeks though. atleast to the point he could be active.

essentially, its not the spin that i think is accurate, but even if it is its not good. did ej not like working with urbik at guard?

Edited by NoSaint

that would be signs of a pretty dysfunctional organization and i would think fall hard on the head coach. i also do not think orton would do that, but....

its possible marrone already didnt like him and it helped nudge that direction if KO wasnt happy either. one would hope that problem would be remedied in 6 weeks though. atleast to the point he could be active.

essentially, its not the spin that i think is accurate, but even if it is its not good. did ej not like working with urbik at guard?

I would think that maybe its closer to this. I think we can all agree Marrone has some bias against certain player so its very possible that anything from KO's insight might sway him one way or the other.

Would a QB really say that?

Were there not reports of KO saying in practice "if you do not do it here I will not throw to you in a game"(paraphase)?

Would a QB really say that?

Maybe Tom Brady. But then, if got that far that WR would be cut by Belichick.

I agree with Kelly The Dog, in that Orton would probably want the more experienced player out there, as he is less likely to make a mistake and be in the wrong place, or not be in sync with the QB's reads.

Maybe Tom Brady. But then, if got that far that WR would be cut by Belichick.

I agree with Kelly The Dog, in that Orton would probably want the more experienced player out there, as he is less likely to make a mistake and be in the wrong place, or not be in sync with the QB's reads.

I do not know if more experience equals being in the "right" place. Wasn't that one of the issues that Stevie had? He got open but ultimately was not were the QB expected him to be?

I know but that is like saying "I'm going to kill you" to someone. It shouldn't be taken literally.

I would think the same thing ... I was just suggesting an alternate reason for his not being active. Also, was there not a flare up between the two during the Lions game?

You guys must be delusional. We had a 2nd and 2 at the 5 and they threw 2 incomplete passes and then kicked a fg. There's the 4 points we needed right there. Then 1st and 10 at the 15 and they threw 4 straight incomplete passes into the endzone where all of their coverage was. How about throwing underneath and picking up the first down? These 2 redzone trips lost us the game. Fumbles happen but bad play calling shouldn't. Fire Hackett