Fire Hackett

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This one wasn't on Hackett. This was on the players.

did the players put themselves in a position to loose the game by calling 7 straight pass plays in the redzone. Nope. The players did make mistakes, those happen every game. A coach has to put players in a position to win. Hackett failed miserably again.

The Jets are fifth against the run and 17th against the pass so we throw the ball 17 times and run it 29. The Chiefs are number one against the pass and nineteenth against the run so we throw it 48 times and run it 22(for an average of five yards per carry BTW). Am I the only one this doesnt make sense to?

did the players put themselves in a position to loose the game by calling 7 straight pass plays in the redzone. Nope. The players did make mistakes, those happen every game. A coach has to put players in a position to win. Hackett failed miserably again.

Is there no consideration for the fact that one of those plays involved a wide open Chris Hogan and a terrible misfire from the QB on what could've been the game-winning TD?

Is there no consideration for the fact that one of those plays involved a wide open Chris Hogan and a terrible misfire from the QB on what could've been the game-winning TD?

Apparently not.

The only OC I know that would have his QB throw 4 times in the red zone against the #1 pass defense in the league.

Anyone else remember what that KC defense was able to do against Tom Brady in week 4 of this year?

Especially when there was plenty of time and the ideal thing would be to score with very little on the clock. I knew we were done once that first throw was made - very low percentage throw to the corner. Now we're going to pass every time. No consideration even for the fact that Orton was way off yesterday.

Especially when there was plenty of time and the ideal thing would be to score with very little on the clock. I knew we were done once that first throw was made - very low percentage throw to the corner. Now we're going to pass every time. No consideration even for the fact that Orton was way off yesterday.

Lots seem to want to lay all the blame on the QB for one singular bad pass against the #1 pass defense.

The Bills have been bad in the red zone long before Orton became a starter. The guy had no turnovers, and just wasn't perfect. It stinks that this coaching staff seems to think that the QB needs to make those magical 4th down throws to win games every week. Sammy had 10 targets for 4 catches, 27 yards. What a off game for a guy who had 3 catches for 157 yards and a TD against the Jets.

Its funny how nobody remembers how this same team destroyed Tom Brady in week four of this year, and yet 48 called passes vs 22 rushes again. The Bills had a 5.0 YPC avg running it.

But yea, its the QB's fault. He should learn he must make every 4th down throw in the red zone. :doh:

Edited by FeartheLosing

The Jets are fifth against the run and 17th against the pass so we throw the ball 17 times and run it 29. The Chiefs are number one against the pass and nineteenth against the run so we throw it 48 times and run it 22(for an average of five yards per carry BTW). Am I the only one this doesnt make sense to?

Do you think the Jets are ranked so highly against the run because teams have blown them out and ran the ball a lot to play conservatively?

I agree.

Hackett drew up the plays that called them at the right times.

It was right there, and the PLAYERS failed to execute. That is not coaching.

Edited by TheFunPolice

I agree.

4 consecutive passed in the Red Zone, with 1st and 10, from the 14, are NOT the right calls. You basically KNOW you were going to 4 down territory, and then forced to throw because you gained not a single yard on three attempts. If he were a high school OC, he gets fired.

4 consecutive passed in the Red Zone, with 1st and 10, from the 14, are NOT the right calls. You basically KNOW you were going to 4 down territory, and then forced to throw because you gained not a single yard on three attempts. If he were a high school OC, he gets fired.

I wanted them to run the ball as well--that doesn't change the fact that Hogan was wide open at the goal line on 3rd down and Orton simply missed him for the would-be go-ahead TD. There's only so far you can fault play-calling...it's one thing to disagree with philosophy; it's quite another to deny that a drawn-up play had its intended effect.

I wanted them to run the ball as well--that doesn't change the fact that Hogan was wide open at the goal line on 3rd down and Orton simply missed him for the would-be go-ahead TD. There's only so far you can fault play-calling...it's one thing to disagree with philosophy; it's quite another to deny that a drawn-up play had its intended effect.

1 missed pass, I can accept, it happens. Forcing the issue from the 14-15 four consecutive times: bad play calling.

I agree.

A good OC knows if his QB is on his game or not. Orton was off on his throws to the EZ all day, from his first overthrow of a wide open Chandler in the first half( a well designed play by Hackett btw). Play calling is an instinct, a gut feel for the defense that will be called and also knowing what your QB is capable of that day. Orton is an average QB, which means he will have more days like yesterday than the top guys. Hackett did not fumble, but he had a golden opportunity AFTER those negative plays with a drive start @ the KC 25 with 4 minutes on the clock. Practically a gift wrapped game saving situation for a good OC. Yet he acted as though he needed a miracle when the miracle already happened! He just needed a few easy throws for his erratic average QB and a couple runs mixed in to pick up the first down, keep possession and kill more clock. Hackett needed to be better at his job than his players were yesterday, it happens in the NFL all the time. Though KC had the lead, they were on the ropes given the Bills starting field position. Andy Reid's Offensive players stunk yesterday, yet when given a chance to beat the Bills yesterday he was better than his players and dialed up the perfect call. Hackett lacks the instinct to take that opportunity. In what the Bills coaches decided was a 4 down situation , Hackett knew he had 8 plays to reach the end zone from the 25 yard line. That's not even 4 yards per play. A total failure.

1 missed pass, I can accept, it happens. Forcing the issue from the 14-15 four consecutive times: bad play calling.

I hear you...I guess my point is that Hackett clearly liked the chances of getting an open man and hitting 1 out of 4 plays for a TD. He was right about that--the execution simply wasn't there.

first they run too much and everyone screams that they need to be more agressive... now they should have run.

If Orton hits an open WR Hackett is a genius. But he missed the open throw so Hackett is dumb for not running it there.

That's football discussion for you.

It's time that this blind hatred for Hackett gets the ridicule it deserves.

Edited by TheFunPolice

A good OC knows if his QB is on his game or not. Orton was off on his throws to the EZ all day, from his first overthrow of a wide open Chandler in the first half( a well designed play by Hackett btw). Play calling is an instinct, a gut feel for the defense that will be called and also knowing what your QB is capable of that day. Orton is an average QB, which means he will have more days like yesterday than the top guys. Hackett did not fumble, but he had a golden opportunity AFTER those negative plays with a drive start @ the KC 25 with 4 minutes on the clock. Practically a gift wrapped game saving situation for a good OC. Yet he acted as though he needed a miracle when the miracle already happened! He just needed a few easy throws for his erratic average QB and a couple runs mixed in to pick up the first down, keep possession and kill more clock. Hackett needed to be better at his job than his players were yesterday, it happens in the NFL all the time. Though KC had the lead, they were on the ropes given the Bills starting field position. Andy Reid's Offensive players stunk yesterday, yet when given a chance to beat the Bills yesterday he was better than his players and dialed up the perfect call. Hackett lacks the instinct to take that opportunity. In what the Bills coaches decided was a 4 down situation , Hackett knew he had 8 plays to reach the end zone from the 25 yard line. That's not even 4 yards per play. A total failure.

A good OC knows if his QB is off or not? I guess if a QB throws a bad pick, it's the OC's fault?

Funny how some of you say you hate Jauron ball, then blast the OC for "going for the throat." Make up your mind.

Quick question, was Tuel "on his game" for the first half of the KC game last year? Yep. Yet Hackett got blamed for his pass play on third down after getting stuffed twice. Funny how that works, right?

Edited by FireChan