32 Rushing Attempts vs. 17 Passing Attempts

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A ratio doesn't provide enough context, but anyone who watched that game has to be furious with Hackett. Of course, we have our resident contrarians (I admit I kinda like 'em - some of the time) who will make it seem like we're nuts for wanting Hackett to be shipped to Timbuktu.

I have no problem with the breakdown. My bigger problem is the predictability. He put way too much pressure on the offense on 3rd down by going run-run-pass all day.

Needed to throw more on 1st and 2nd downs and run more on 3rd down.

Threw on FD 61% of the time against DET. Got blasted for it.

HACKETT THROWS TOO MUCH. HACKETT RUNS TOO MUCH.

It's not a matter of "too much" it's a matter of predictable. Mix it up. Throw on 1st down some, throw on 2nd down some, run on 3rd and long on occasion. He is the most predictable OC I've seen in a long time.

Granted, I do believe that Orton changed of few of those 2nd down play calls into runs but the point still stands.

I have no problem with the breakdown. My bigger problem is the predictability. He put way too much pressure on the offense on 3rd down by going run-run-pass all day.

Posted at the same, time or else I'd have just given you a +1.

But they weren't trying to be "unpredictable", they were trying to "play it safe". 2 different things. And it really bothers me that they have such an unaggressive mind set

Edited by HoF Watkins

Did he get blasted for it? It's quite possible, I just honestly don't remember him getting widely panned for it.

Yep.

Yes. In fact, everyone has been screaming about Orton throwing 40 times a game.

Edited by FireChan

Hey just out of curiosity, do you like Hackett? Do you instead think it's more on the OLine? QB? Think the offense is fine as it is? (that's not snark I'm genuinely interested)

My answer is complicated. I don't particularly like Hackett. I don't hate him, I think he has made some bonehead calls and good calls. I think that we have no idea the extent of influence Marrone has on him (I believe it's a lot more than most people think, even Joe B says that Marrone is the one who pushes the conservative influence on Hackett). I think the O-line is crap, utter crap. We attempted to address the O-line this offseason, and failed in the FA and the draft for a quick fix, which is not on Hackett. I think that the "good" players on the O-line are regressing, and again, that's not Hackett.

Personally, I think our offense has a lot of room to grow and I think eventually they will get there. Hackett gets way too much of the blame, he's a scapegoat for every problem on offense and has become a sort of rallying cry for knee-jerk reactions. Seriously, read the game day thread. Cordy Glenn and Urbik whiff on their blocks? "Stupid Hackett!!!" It's ridiculous.