Zach Mettenberger to start for Titans in week 8

YoloinOhio

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Locker has been hurt but reportedly ready to go; benched

@ESPNNFL: The Titans have made rookie QB Zach Mettenberger their starter on Sunday vs Houston -> http://t.co/ZPvafUTFuM http://t.co/eyLxDfamUM

Titans OL sketchy... JJ watt coming at the rook

@TitansMCM: ICYMI, there is a report that there was a lot of tension between Whisenhunt and Locker #Titans http://t.co/6Ix3ZyLwaY

And the Whinenhunt QB Carousel starts. This was one of biggest issues in Arizona the inability of him to pick and help a QB develop. He was lucky that Warner was there.

Edited by A Dog Named Kelso

He actually looked horrible in college. Even his good year was not that good. He was hyped out of High School and everyone just looked past his on the field performance, which was terrible (on a terrible W team) (I did love me some Mason Foster though, That would have been a solid pick over Whatshisname. However Whatshisname did net us Jerry Hughes so in the long run if we re-sign Jerry Hughes. The Whatshisname pick was good for his trade value)

To my surprise Locker showed some glimpses in the NFL where I thought. "Wow he is not completely terrible;" but in the end his hype did not live up to his performance. He could be a backup in the NFL. If Colt McCoy is still kicking it around the NFL, I guess Locker will get a few looks here and there.

I'm sure there will be some posters that want to be in Buffalo. Do not count me as one.

I agree. I thought Locker was nothing special in college and couldn't believe he was being hyped as a high 1st round pick. I'm more impressed that he *did anything* at the NFL level. So i guess the talent evaluators who projected him to be a solid NFL talent weren't completely wrong...he does have some ability.. but I'd have zero interest in having him in Buffalo.

I liked Mettenberger better than Locker coming out of college. We'll see.

And the Whinenhunt QB Carousel starts. This was one of biggest issues in Arizona the inability of him to pick and help a QB develop. He was lucky that Warner was there.

For similar reasons we're lucky Orton is here.

Never understood the Locker love.

Always seemed just another athlete pretending to be a QB.

Works in college but not where it needs to.

Actually in his case didn't even work in college.

He's stealing Uncle Rico Orton's 70's swag!

Also, he's really just this guy:

49B3A8A6B27818A6220CA66137BC9.jpg

Hell of a look for an NFL QB...

Pff, Nick Foles looks like Jimmy!!!

nick-foles.jpg?w=620&h=349&crop=1

P.S. too bad we don't face Philly

BctH2qgCYAEaSyv.jpg

Edited by justnzane

Didn't you want Kirk Cousins too?

over ej sure, but I wasn't stumping for him

to be fair..... its a pretty safe bet.

know its not

I really had no idea, and I know you spend time following college QB's and evaluating them. Sorry for the slander.

Thanks for the apology

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian