EJ

YoloinOhio

Remember him?

At one point yesterday, during the final drive, I kind of wished he was in the game. He has lead some successful game winning drives. I am glad we had orton though, because he was clutch and made a great throw under duress. Very cool under pressure. I am not sure if EJ would have completed that throw to Sammy.

But I felt great about the fact that EJ was very involved on the sidelines with Marrone and orton. His energy was good to see. I think he has been a class act.

Edited by YoloinOhio

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

EJ doesn't complete that game winning drive. Sorry, he just doesn't. Convert a 4th and 20? No way.

I assume he'll get another chance as starter next season, but since his college coach apparently told teams he wasn't NFL starter material, I have little confidence in his longterm prospects.

If you really wished Manuel was in there instead of Orton, you're the ONLY one on this planet.

I said "kind of." And he has lead a few game winning drives, not sure why it's so crazy.

I realize he probably doesn't make those throws. But he has made some clutch throws.

Edited by YoloinOhio

EJ doesn't complete that game winning drive. Sorry, he just doesn't. Convert a 4th and 20? No way.

I assume he'll get another chance as starter next season, but since his college coach apparently told teams he wasn't NFL starter material, I have little confidence in his longterm prospects.

More EJ Manuel mythology. Right up there with the "one-read" offense Jimbo Fisher designed just for him.

GO BILLS!!!

Saw him a few times yesterday on the sideline. Love his attitude, hope he makes the most of his next opportunity.

with his positive attitude and work ethic, his floor is probably still as a backup and maybe for a long career. He's not going to end up like a Vince young IMO.

Sorry yolo. You're on your own here. I will normally back EJ but I don't think he would have made the attempts that Orton did especially the ball to Hogan.

i think that's what I said!

he's holding back.. there's a great player in there if he ever makes a conscious decision to take his job back.. not fall into it.. but take it.

his throws lack confidence because he lacks confidence.. if he wants to limit the rest of his Bills days to being a good teammate, and a capable backup - that's his choice.

I said "kind of." And he has lead a few game winning drives, not sure why it's so crazy.

I realize he probably doesn't make those throws. But he has made some clutch throws.

Also, against the Texans it was a clear PI on Woods on the game-ending INT. If that's called, we're down around the 20 with time to score. Could have been another comeback for him. But he's a smart guy, he's going to learn from Orton and come back a better player.

he's holding back.. there's a great player in there if he ever makes a conscious decision to take his job back.. not fall into it.. but take it.

his throws lack confidence because he lacks confidence.. if he wants to limit the rest of his Bills days to being a good teammate, and a capable backup - that's his choice.

I want EJ to be like Favre and try to break his WR's fingers on every throw (other than the required finesse ones, obviously).

I'm convinced Marrone and Hackett have ruined EJ. They're both ultra conservative coaches so they've coached him up to play safe and conservative. They've gotten in his mind to make him believe that 3 easy yards is better than throwing it 20 yards downfield for a potentially much bigger play. Or that getting down or out of bounds at the first sight of a defender is far better than using his God given athleticism.

Edited by Bangarang

I don't see any way that EJ converts on 4th and 20 and I don't think there's any way that he makes that deep throw to Hogan that set us up for the game winning TD. EJ probably checks down or runs out of bounds for no gain there.

it's possible we wouldn't have been in a 4th and 20 with EJ. He may have marched us right down the field. Or not.

That pass he threw to Robert Woods against da Bears was.....? Jimbo Fisher disputed that statement!!

I'm convinced Marrone and Hackett have ruined EJ. They're both ultra conservative coaches so they've coached him up to play safe and conservative. They've gotten in his mind to make him believe that 3 easy yards is better than throwing it 20 yards downfield for a potentially much bigger play. Or that getting down or out of bounds at the first sight of a defender is far better than using his God given athleticism.

at this point, i'm thinking that they were trying to draw him out gradually.. give him an elementary offense and fortify the skills needed to execute it. I truly believe they were waiting for EJ to own the position, and couldn't sacrifice the season waiting. it's really up to him, now.

There's also the probability that EJ doesn't find himself backed up with the same sacks that Orton got. Not saying EJ gets it done or not on that drive (he has before, and he's also failed, so who knows), but he's significantly better at avoiding sacks, and has made quite a few plays from broken down pockets.