OT - health question

mead107

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You definitely want to use some disinfectant to eliminate any chance of infection. I prefer a mix of iodine and alcohol; but use whatever you want.

223872[/snapback]

that ought to do it lol

minor cut in shin on wed. looked like it was healing good fri. then sat  it started draining a clear liquid . have a call in to the doctor waiting for apointment . anyone ever have this ?

223661[/snapback]

Pour some lemon juice on it, that'll clear it right up... :lol:

If it was clear fluid that leaked, it isn't puss. Puss is usually thicker with a white/yellow color and implies the presence of neutrophils that are cleaning the wound by removing dead/damaged cells. Yellow puss with the surrounding skin being red, swollen and tender means early infection.

A clear exudate or fluid is part of the normal healing process. Just keep it clean with soap and water.

RunTheBall

It's possible a small gnome or even an evil spirit is in the leg. Go to the river, get some leeches and give yourself a good bleeding.

224536[/snapback]

did you suffer this injury while your underpants were being stolen?

1: steal underpants

2: ???

3: profit!

The really funny thing is, I can post a question of computer adware and get a whole bunch of serious and helpful responses. Mead posts a medical question and we razz him to pieces with joking posts. I think that says something. I'm just not sure what.

The really funny thing is, I can post a question of computer adware and get a whole bunch of serious and helpful responses.  Mead posts a medical question and we razz him to pieces with joking posts.  I think that says something.  I'm just not sure what.

224688[/snapback]

We like you better? :lol:

Just teasing Mead. How's the weather? :)

CW

The really funny thing is, I can post a question of computer adware and get a whole bunch of serious and helpful responses.  Mead posts a medical question and we razz him to pieces with joking posts.  I think that says something.  I'm just not sure what.

224688[/snapback]

When you're dealing with 100's of people who use the Internet every day, you can count on some level of expertise in dealing with issues on using the Internet. And if the advice you receive is wrong, the chance that someone dies from said advice is pretty low...Just because those 100's of people aspirate doesn't make them medical experts.

That's beside the fact that he said he was going to the Dr.'s ASAP. It's not like you said "I'm going to the computer shop in 2 hours to get the system fixed. What's the problem with the system?"

minor cut in shin on wed. looked like it was healing good fri. then sat  it started draining a clear liquid . have a call in to the doctor waiting for apointment . anyone ever have this ?

223661[/snapback]

Get neosporin it is an antibiotic ointment. Will heal your cut quickly without much of a scar.

224688[/snapback]

Well, Dan and Fez already gave good responses. My only comment is that we have more computer geeks on the board than medical doctors.