OT - health question

mead107

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

minor cut in shin on wed. looked like it was healing good fri. then sat  it started draining a clear liquid . have a call in to the doctor waiting for apointment . anyone ever have this ?

223661[/snapback]

It's called puss,,,put a band-aid on it and get to work you wuss!!! :lol::lol:

minor cut in shin on wed. looked like it was healing good fri. then sat  it started draining a clear liquid . have a call in to the doctor waiting for apointment . anyone ever have this ?

223661[/snapback]

What does the skin around the cut look like?

It's called puss,,,put a band-aid on it and get to work you wuss!!! :lol:  :w00t:

223666[/snapback]

just got home from work and as soon as the doctor calls heading down to the apt house to paint .who you callin wuss ? :lol:

ok  no infection

223673[/snapback]

So does that mean the skin looks normal? lol The reason I ask is because one of the complications of a small cut like that is cellulitis. Usually the skin will become red and irritated around the site. It can be kind of 'weepy' at times, so when you say it was a clear fluid that's what came to mind.

Are you diabetic?

Put Bag-Balm on it.......that stuff cures EVERYTHING!!!!

(if that doesn't help....use windex!) Just kidding...but Bag-Balm IS AWESOME!

223678[/snapback]

A balm? Where'd you get a balm? Who told you to use a balm? Do you know what a balm does?

A balm?  Where'd you get a balm? Who told you to use a balm?  Do you know what a balm does?

223687[/snapback]

Are you Fartacus?

So does that mean the skin looks normal? lol  The reason I ask is because one of the complications of a small cut like that is cellulitis. Usually the skin will become red and irritated around the site. It can be kind of 'weepy' at times, so when you say it was a clear fluid that's what came to mind.

Are you diabetic?

223684[/snapback]

no on the diabetic

dude.... minor cut... pour some peroxide on it, then some neosporin and a band-aid... you'll be fine. Unless you got cut by an old rusty fence post or something, or need stitches... no big deal.

dude.... minor cut... pour some peroxide on it, then some neosporin and a band-aid... you'll be fine.  Unless you got cut by an old rusty fence post or something, or need stitches... no big deal.

223700[/snapback]

Even though I tend to still use it, peroxide isn't used in hospitals on wounds (even small cuts) because it can actually lead to scarring. If the cut is open even a little bit, you're better off using saline or some other first-aid spray. And then, like Mike said, put some neosporin on it and keep it covered.

But if you aren't a diabetic and there is no change in the skin around the cut, you're probably fine. Your doc may prescribe systemic antibiotics anyway, but probably not neccesary.

minor cut in shin on wed. looked like it was healing good fri. then sat it started draining a clear liquid . have a call in to the doctor waiting for apointment . anyone ever have this ?

Ewwww. I'm trying to eat my beakfast, thanks.

As for the appointment, yes, I've had those b4, in fact some have even been w/ doctors.