Embarassing win

Bocephuz

W -- This is what you get for absolutely dominating another team

W -- This is what you get for barely beating a good team

W -- This is what you get for barely beating a bad team

W -- This is what you get for winning a game you probably shouldn't have won

W -- This is what you get for overcoming poor play to win a game with a last second TD

All those W's look the same to me. On to NY, this is a big game. 5-3 at the bye is better than most here expected...GO BILLS!!!

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

NO SUCH THING as an embarrasing win, UGLY -----> YES but in the end no one will remember how you won, just that its a W. this win could be the difference between making the playoffs and the Bills watching them from home. So no win is ever ever embarrasing.

^^^ this ^^^

But the posters in this thread that are talking playoffs this season, did you watch that game yesterday? Neither of those teams will be in the post season if they play like that, nor should they be.

But also as the saying goes ... you are what your record says you are. And right now that record is over .500.

Edited by CodeMonkey

W -- This is what you get for overcoming poor play to win a game with a last second TD

All those W's look the same to me. On to NY, this is a big game. 5-3 at the bye is better than most here expected...GO BILLS!!!

You speak the truth, friend.

Hell, our worst case scenario at the bye right now is 4-4. I'd venture to guess even THAT is better than most expected.

A win is a win, so let's all pretend the Bills are playing great football in the last three weeks.

Hear-No-Evil-See-No-Evil-Speak-No-Evil.jpg

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

A win is a win, so let's all pretend the Bills are playing great football in the last three weeks.

Yes, they played like crap. But I am not embarrassed they won. There are teams that play poorly and win games, there are teams that play good and lose. The Bills over the past several years were the latter. If you're good enough to play poorly and win in the NFL, you have a pretty good team. This team needs to improve, no doubt. The O line is horrendous, we probably have the 2 worst starting guards in the league at this point. But if you can win and continue to work on the issues, it's much better than the alternative...

Edited by ricojes

A win is a win, so let's all pretend the Bills are playing great football in the last three weeks

I'm fairly certain no one happy with the win also believes the Bills have been playing great football the last three weeks. (But with that strawman argument, you should come visit us at PPP.

What I'm saying, at least, is that this is a game we surely would have choked away in the past. But didn't.

And to have such a thrilling three-minute drive to tie the game with unthinkable throws/catchs...including a ridiculous 4th and forever...was a lot of things, but embarrassing isn't one of them.

Next week is another game, and no one knows what will come of it, but today? Today a crapload of people are going to work in a great mood after spending an afternoon watching an exciting 'circle the wagons' game the likes of which have been few and far between.

I'm fairly certain no one happy with the win also believes the Bills have been playing great football the last three weeks. (But with that strawman argument, you should come visit us at PPP.

What I'm saying, at least, is that this is a game we surely would have choked away in the past. But didn't.

And to have such a thrilling three-minute drive to tie the game with unthinkable throws/catchs...including a ridiculous 4th and forever...was a lot of things, but embarrassing isn't one of them.

Next week is another game, and no one knows what will come of it, but today? Today a crapload of people are going to work in a great mood after spending an afternoon watching an exciting 'circle the wagons' game the likes of which have been few and far between.

No thanks. I prefer to avoid cesspools where pretend intellectuals hang out. Bye now.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

This is true...and maybe it's a good thing that I'm actually sorta "down" after a win. When was the last time I can say that? It's been a decade probably.

Against a rookie QB playing on the road in an offense without their All-Pro RB coming in 2-4? And the Bills turn it over 4 times, allow 5 sacks, and win by 1 at the last second?

Going to have to play better than that if you're going to make the playoffs.

So we should be embarrassed by bad played wins, which this surely was.

But there are also no moral victories, so we cannot take credit for playing well and losing.

We cannot blame the refs or the fact the other team has good players that make plays in losses either.

We also have to consider what players were hurt on other teams who presumably would have beaten us.

So either we dominate or we cannot be happy.

Edited by Kelly the Dog

Against a rookie QB playing on the road in an offense without their All-Pro RB coming in 2-4? And the Bills turn it over 4 times, allow 5 sacks, and win by 1 at the last second?

Going to have to play better than that if you're going to make the playoffs.

So you can't be happy with moral victories where you play well but lose, and you can't be happy with victories where you play poorly?

I'm sure it's true that you were happy with the win.

But it surely sounds from your post, and others, that you cannot enjoy it because it is hollow or unsustainable. I completely understand if someone is happy with moral victories and unhappy with wins like this because it bodes better for the future. Or if they are unhappy with moral victories but happy with winning games you played awful in. But if you're unhappy with moral victories and unhappy with wins like this, you're just an unhappy person, and IMO it's an unreasonable stance.