Embarassing win

Bocephuz

We should have won that game more handily, the fact that we pulled it out after all the mistakes makes me feel pretty good, actually.

Exactly. The only thing that kept the Vikings in the game were the turnovers, especially in the red zone. It's not like the Vikings out-played us and you were demoralized b/c of it. We kept them in the game with our own mistakes. Simple as that. Other years we lose this game by +10 points.

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Listened to WGR postgame: not a single mention of Orton's (72% 283yds) or Watkins' (every catch a first down) performance. Instead, 2 hours of "what if we lost??"

There are a lot of angry/depressed people in the world i suppose.

Edited by bobobonators

No such thing!

Too bad for the Bills turnovers. Those TO's really took early points off the board. BUT they seemed to control other aspects of the game when they needed it... ToP was slightly in the Vike Favor though, obvioulsy rushing w/Spiller and FredEx going down.

We should have won that game more handily, the fact that we pulled it out after all the mistakes makes me feel pretty good, actually.

Yep! Agree... Means they are entering into being a BETTER team. This is what good teams do. They lay stink from time to time, but overcome!

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

Not an embarrassing win at all. 1st downs: Bills 22, Vikes 16. Total yards: Bills 373, Vikes 276. We outplayed them. 3 fumbles lost is bad, but there's a big degree of luck in fumbles, particularly in who recovers them. Nice to see the Bills pull out a win in a 4 turnover game -- the turnovers don't strike me as any kind of chronic problem.

Not an embarrassing win at all. 1st downs: Bills 22, Vikes 16. Total yards: Bills 373, Vikes 276. We outplayed them. 3 fumbles lost is bad, but there's a big degree of luck in fumbles, particularly in who recovers them. Nice to see the Bills pull out a win in a 4 turnover game -- the turnovers don't strike me as any kind of chronic problem.

Well, not yet....

bleacher report.com/articles/1444769-bryce-brown-and-the-most-fumble-prone-players-ever (Admn. won't allow link)

I'd hardly say I'm "embarrassed" about winning, but this game concerns me greatly. I keep hoping a win like this will wake this team up and show them how to get better each and every week. Hopefully it's true and they keep moving. Our coaches though... Marrone once again showed awful clock management and situational awareness. Hackett's abysmal play calling was on full display. The penalties continue to pile up. And our safeties couldn't tackle at all in the open field today.

Again, I hope the team can overcome. Can't help feeling like a more competent coaching staff could be getting more out of this team.

Oh, and god the offensive line is horrible.

But we won, so on to another week. A lot of losses around the AFC that helped us out. Go Bills.

I don't feel good about that at win at all. O Line is an embarrassment , Orton had 2 unforced turnovers, bad fumbles . Thank God for our D. Rbs getting hurt is no excuse

Yes, I hate wins myself. They could forfeit the win, and I think they should.

Winning is too easy to do in the NFL to take bad wins this this one.

I'd hardly say I'm "embarrassed" about winning, but this game concerns me greatly. I keep hoping a win like this will wake this team up and show them how to get better each and every week. Hopefully it's true and they keep moving. Our coaches though... Marrone once again showed awful clock management and situational awareness. Hackett's abysmal play calling was on full display. The penalties continue to pile up. And our safeties couldn't tackle at all in the open field today.

Again, I hope the team can overcome. Can't help feeling like a more competent coaching staff could be getting more out of this team.

Oh, and god the offensive line is horrible.

But we won, so on to another week. A lot of losses around the AFC that helped us out. Go Bills.

Well, it doesn't bother me because it basically confirms the conclusions I'd already come to about these 2014 Buffalo Bills. Basically this: an 8-8 type team with Orton as QB (I would have put the over/under at 6.5 with EJ). Also: a team that is between slightly below average (QB) to excellent (DL) in all phases except OL (one of the worst in the league). And 8-8 teams need a little luck to make the playoffs. Avoiding injuries is the biggest thing, and that's where this one hurts.

Compare: the Vikings. An 8-8 type team too with Adrian Peterson and Matt Cassell (more like 6-10 without them), but in a tougher division than ours. And in the end, it was close, we had some unlucky bounces, but we pulled it out at home as we should have.

Well, it doesn't bother me because it basically confirms the conclusions I'd already come to about these 2014 Buffalo Bills. Basically this: an 8-8 type team with Orton as QB (I would have put the over/under at 6.5 with EJ). Also: a team that is between slightly below average (QB) to excellent (DL) in all phases except OL (one of the worst in the league). And 8-8 teams need a little luck to make the playoffs. Avoiding injuries is the biggest thing, and that's where this one hurts.

Compare: the Vikings. An 8-8 type team too with Adrian Peterson and Matt Cassell (more like 6-10 without them), but in a tougher division than ours. And in the end, it was close, we had some unlucky bounces, but we pulled it out at home as we should have.

I see them about the same, but I worry that the factor holding us back from being 9-7 or maybe 10-6 is the coaching. That's just how I see it, and that's tough to swallow. That people who aren't blocking or tackling may be costing you games. Just my opinion.

I see them about the same, but I worry that the factor holding us back from being 9-7 or maybe 10-6 is the coaching. That's just how I see it, and that's tough to swallow. That people who aren't blocking or tackling may be costing you games. Just my opinion.

This is what I see too. A top flight coaching staff could win lots of games with this team.

Listened to WGR postgame: not a single mention of Orton's (72% 283yds) or Watkins' (every catch a first down) performance. Instead, 2 hours of "what if we lost??"

Don't get worrying about what if the good outcome didn't happen.... W=W

Do they need to be better to be the next guy? Yup. Was it good enough today? Yup.

I'm glad they were able to grit out a win after the heart and soul of their offense was carted off of the field. That's good.

I have already offered to take a bet on these Bills. I say they ain't making the playoffs, and would love to see one of the "I'll Take It's" step up...cuz you guys are such great fans.

You're like the Tim Graham of Bills fans.

I'll bet you're the smartest guy on the short bus. :lol: