Spikes should sit the next two games

The Big Cat

Spikes provides a great boost to our run defense, something that won't be critical against Minnesota OR New York, two teams with, at best, a pedestrian running attack.

That will give him two weeks plus the bye to heal the ribs that were CLEARLY aggravating him on Sunday.

Every time the camera panned past him he was wincing and clutching his torso.

I think we can get two wins and head into the bye at 5-3. I also think we can do this without Spikes.

We need him more for the second-half-of-the-year playoff push a 5-3 record would set us for than we would for these two games.

Just MO.

I for one do not believe the next two games are going to be easy and we need our best players to play if they can and they are cleared to do so.

Except - when the game is on the line and the other team is on a key 4th quarter drive. Then we should sit our stud DE's so they can be fresh to run out of the stadium with a loss.

We're talking about the Bills here, who are known for letting scrub running backs have career days. This year not so much, but it's bound to happen sometime this season.

I did see him wincing a lot last week...definitely not a good sign, but like Green Lightning said we need our best players out there to have a chance to win.

These next 2 games will be anything but easy.

Or you could let him gut it out for 2 weeks because hes better than anyone else we have and then let him get his rest during the bye week.

A gamer like spikes isnt going to let you sit him just because his ribs are sore. Come on man

I think you're wrong here wrt to Spikes. He knows he has to heal and he knows his value to this team.

Keep him active, limit practice reps, use only as required

I am more incline for this. If Preston Brown, Keith Rivers or Nigel Bradham go down who are we going to replace them with? Ty Powell ain't a slouch but I'd rather have an 80% Spikes.

Every team in the NFL is capable of beating very other team . . . never approach a game thinking this should be easy. You need to plan for, practice, and play, as if every game is the Super Bowl. At least that's what the god ones do. And FYI: The Bills are not in that "good" category yet.

Jets are 12th in the NFL averaging 121 YPG and Vikes are 13th averaging 120 YPG

Spikes provides a great boost to our run defense, something that won't be critical against Minnesota OR New York, two teams with, at best, a pedestrian running attack.

That will give him two weeks plus the bye to heal the ribs that were CLEARLY aggravating him on Sunday.

I think we can get two wins and head into the bye at 5-3. I also think we can do this without Spikes.

We need him more for the second-half-of-the-year playoff push a 5-3 record would set us for than we would for these two games.

Just MO.

Jets are 12th in the NFL averaging for 121 YPG on the ground and Vikes are 13th averaging 120 YPG and considering the struggles of both teams I expect them reply on the ground game so no you dont sit Spikes

Edited by Max997

Jets are 12th in the NFL averaging 121 YPG and Vikes are 13th averaging 120 YPG

Jets are 12th in the NFL averaging for 121 YPG on the ground and Vikes are 13th averaging 120 YPG and considering the struggles of both teams I expect them reply on the ground game so no you dont sit Spikes

Re-tally those numbers taking away runs by AP, runs by Patterson and quarterback runs and I think you'll see that their actual run attack does not reflect those numbers.

Just MO.

I wouldn't take the Vikings too lightly. All the analytics I've seen point to a fairly close game. The Jests maybe.

Re-tally those numbers taking away runs by AP, runs by Patterson and quarterback runs and I think you'll see that their actual run attack does not reflect those numbers.

AP played one game and had a total of 80 yards and Patterson hasnt done jack on the ground since week 1

Asiata and McKinnon have both had some decent games on the ground this year for the Vikes

the point is neither Vikes or Jets are terrible at running the ball and with both relying on the ground game it would be stupid to take it lightly ans sit your best run stuffer

Edited by Max997

take away all runs over 3 yards and they are averaging less than 3 yards per carry.