The Defense Lost the Game

Rob's House

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know the offense wasn't great but the defense got schooled. We started the second half down 6 points. We could have scored 4 TDs in the second half and still lost. Yeah, the offense was bad, but the D was atrocious.

What about the O committing three turnovers? Sorry but this is a team loss.

The yds, time of possession and 1st downs for both teams is near identical. The difference is 5 sacks to two, 3 turnovers and ridiculously poor coaching. The O couldnt sustain drives when it mattered and continued their bewilderment on how to use their playmakers. We have a stubborn, unskilled, immature OC and a DC who wouldn't change up his scheme to blitz a HOF QB who will only be beaten by pressure. I put this one on the coaches.

Edited by Green Lightning

When the Patriots have the ball and it's 3rd and 74 for a 1st down.....am I the only one who gets nervous??

If I'm on defense, and the Pats* are 3rd and 74, the one thing I remind everyone in the huddle: "If we stop them, remember...whatever you do, don't pat each other on the helmet."

If I'm on defense, and the Pats* are 3rd and 74, the one thing I remind everyone in the huddle: "If we stop them, remember...whatever you do, don't pat each other on the helmet."

Is it ok if they do the "Superman open shirt" thing because 3rd and 74 would be an accomplishment.

What about the O committing three turnovers? Sorry but this is a team loss.

Those all came in the first half, there were no second half turnovers and that's where we got stomped. Plus the defense didn't force any turnovers. Like I said, the offense wasn't good, but the second half defense didn't give the team a chance to win.

How bad has steph Gilmore been all season? I'd rather see leodis and Corey be our starting cbs!

I think the incredible disparity in completions allowed between Gilmore and the other CBs would absolutely shock you...and not in the way that you expect.

The yds, time of possession and 1st downs for both teams is near identical. The difference is 5 sacks to two, 3 turnovers and ridiculously poor coaching. The O couldnt sustain drives when it mattered and continued their bewilderment on how to use their playmakers. We have a stubborn, unskilled, immature OC and a DC who wouldn't change up his scheme to blitz a HOF QB who will only be beaten by pressure. I put this one on the coaches.

I vote turnovers and coaching.

I think the incredible disparity in completions allowed between Gilmore and the other CBs would absolutely shock you...and not in the way that you expect.

You are wasting your time.

GO BILLS!!!

To give the Pats the sideline with 6 seconds left to go and no TOs at the end of the first half was inexcusable.

When are people, NFL coaches included, going to nptice that the Pats do this all day eevery day.

I was sitting next to a pats fan at teh game. When they fumbled, he said "well, I guess they will just heave it to the end zone for a jump ball" I looked at him like he had three eyes. He slearly didnt even watch him own team! I said "Dude seriously? The are going to run one of your little white dudes on a 5 yard out and one of the CBs will give him a huge cushion and they will complete an easy pass to get in FG range"

Then that is exactly what happened.

The Pats have been doing this to every team in the NFL for over a decade. 3rd and 3, they do it. End of the half, they do it.

And D coordinators have like, no idea its coming. I just dont get it.

When are people, NFL coaches included, going to nptice that the Pats do this all day eevery day.

I was sitting next to a pats fan at teh game. When they fumbled, he said "well, I guess they will just heave it to the end zone for a jump ball" I looked at him like he had three eyes. He slearly didnt even watch him own team! I said "Dude seriously? The are going to run one of your little white dudes on a 5 yard out and one of the CBs will give him a huge cushion and they will complete an easy pass to get in FG range"

Then that is exactly what happened.

The Pats have been doing this to every team in the NFL for over a decade. 3rd and 3, they do it. End of the half, they do it.

And D coordinators have like, no idea its coming. I just dont get it.

Nice call I was thinking the same thing

The defense held them in the game in the first half. Orton single handedly gave New England 10 points and Spiller gave them 3 more.

The offense played a big role in losing this game too.

We would have lost last week too if Detroit had a kicker.