The Defense Lost the Game

Rob's House

I stay by my words. The defense gave a big FU to the offense in the second half. Theyve had enough of carrying this miserable offense.

3 turnovers in the first half lost the game. What sealed the deal was the Spiller fumble and the Gilmore 10 yard cushion. Two players who have no idea what goes on on the football field.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The defense held them in the game in the first half. Orton single handedly gave New England 10 points and Spiller gave them 3 more.

The offense played a big role in losing this game too.

We would have lost last week too if Detroit had a kicker.

Unfortunately there are two halves. They got totally owned in the second half. And the offense had nothing to do with that.

GO BILLS!!!

Unfortunately there are two halves. They got totally owned in the second half. And the offense had nothing to do with that.

GO BILLS!!!

The offense gave up 3 turnovers. Too many penalties. To many missed throws and no running game. Putting this loss completely on the defense is disregarding facts. This was a team loss.

The defense didn't play great and certainly made mistakes but come on, to say it lost the game? If you really think about it, take away two big plays: The TD pass to Tyms to begin the second half (which was actually pretty well covered it was just a better throw and catch) and the TD pass to Lafell at the end and you take away a lot of their offensive production. And if you want to blame offensive struggles on bad calls what about the completion to Edelman on 1st and 15 on that last TD drive where Edelman shoves McKelvin and should have been called for offensive PI? Also, I thought the defensive PI on Duke Williams on the play where Gronk got hurt was pretty ticky-tack.

The offense gave up 3 turnovers. Too many penalties. To many missed throws and no running game. Putting this loss completely on the defense is disregarding facts. This was a team loss.

I don't think I'm disregarding facts at all. The three turnovers were in the first half and our defense played great in holding them to 101 yards and only 13 points off those turnovers. But there are two halves and our defense didn't stop them ONCE in the second half and gave up nearly 300 yards in the process. Think about that. Not ONE stop.

As I said in another thread, this idea that the defense is responsible for the offense is absurd. How about the defense gets off the field and gets the ball back for the offense? They didn't do that once in the second half. And that's what they get paid to go, regardless of what the offense is doing.

GO BILLS!!!

Edited by K-9

When the Patriots have the ball and it's 3rd and 74 for a 1st down.....am I the only one who gets nervous??

I used to get nervous. Over time, I've resigned myself to them either making it, or being granted a first down on a ridiculous "roughing the Brady" call.

I stay by my words. The defense gave a big FU to the offense in the second half. Theyve had enough of carrying this miserable offense.

3 turnovers in the first half lost the game. What sealed the deal was the Spiller fumble and the Gilmore 10 yard cushion. Two players who have no idea what goes on on the football field.

Totes agree.

I turned my TV off at the end of the first half in that 13-7 game because I knew it was all over.

What about the O committing three turnovers? Sorry but this is a team loss.

They were only down 6 after the 3 turnovers. The defense failed to stop NE for the entire second half. NE scored on every single possession in the second half. That is poor defense my friend. The offense was playing well in the second half and if the D had stopped NE even a couple of times, we win. The early turnovers hurt, yes, but the D cost us the win.

I have to agree. I think we can all agree that you can't turn the ball over 3 times against anyone, but it was 13-7 after the turnovers. That's hardly an insurmountable lead.

Our D simply could not stop them in the 2nd half. They scored on every possession and racked up close to 300 yards in the 2nd half.

Offense kept the defense on the field far to long...they cannot sustain drives and they turned the ball over, our running game is terrible, our offensive coordinator calls a draw play on the 1 yard line when we have backs that can push the pile.

Offense kept the defense on the field far to long...they cannot sustain drives and they turned the ball over, our running game is terrible, our offensive coordinator calls a draw play on the 1 yard line when we have backs that can push the pile.

What? The offense kept the defense on the field too long? The defense kept the defense on the field too long. Period. The defense MUST get off the field on third down. They couldn't do that on ONE Pats* possession in the 2nd half. Sorry, but that's not on the offense.

GO BILLS!!!

Go watch the second half again and tell me if you think the defense played well enough to win that game.

I'm not saying the offense and ST played well enough that we SHOULD have won, but we're good enough that we COULD have been in a position to win. Like I said, we could have scored 4 TDs in the second half and still lost. Lovie Smith watched that second half and felt bad for us. It was that bad.

If you give up down 6 at the half you don't deserve to play in the NFL.

I'd even take Corey Feldman and Corey Hart...

Only you !

Fine wit Mr. W

This defense has been Jekyll and Hyde all season. If they could be more consistent especially on third down, and the running game could get going, we'd be all set to win a lot of games. Wishful thinking... I know

Bellichick out coached Jim S is all. oh and # 27 Edited by 3rdand12

Our biggest problem which will show up again, is this DC will not blitz and this is a passing league.We are rushing just three or four guys and they killed us yesterday.Brady is 37 years old not 27 years, you cannot let him sit back there and get cozy.

Who cares that you stopping the run, you blitz and make plays on defence.Our DB'S looked reaily good last year when QB'S were forced to make throws before they wanted too.Bill Bilichick talked during the week about Jim Schwartz's defence and how they did not blitz very often if at all, why do you think they decided to throw in 4th on there final drive starting at there 7 yard line.This is looking like 2012 and Wanny type of kitty defence.

Our biggest problem which will show up again, is this DC will not blitz and this is a passing league.We are rushing just three or four guys and they killed us yesterday.Brady is 37 years old not 27 years, you cannot let him sit back there and get cozy.

Who cares that you stopping the run, you blitz and make plays on defence.Our DB'S looked reaily good last year when QB'S were forced to make throws before they wanted too.Bill Bilichick talked during the week about Jim Schwartz's defence and how they did not blitz very often if at all, why do you think they decided to throw in 4th on there final drive starting at there 7 yard line.This is looking like 2012 and Wanny type of kitty defence.

Think about that for a second and then realize why few DCs blitz the great QBs in the game. I'm not saying we shouldn't have blitzed, I'm saying you need to be careful what you wish for. I can certainly understand where Schwartz was coming from given it was Brady who feasts on blitz's and the fact he's been getting the league's best pass rush production out of his D line.

As for who cares about stopping the run, if you don't do that, you seldom give yourself a chance.

GO BILLS!!!