The Defense Lost the Game

Rob's House

It's a game of momentum. What do you think 3 turnovers do for momentum?

All the turnovers were in the first half which ended with us down by 6 points. And the defense was absolutely amazing in limiting them to 101 yards and only 13 points in spite of the turnovers and that abysmal pass interference penalty. The defense has nothing BUT momentum after that half. You are saying they lost the momentum in the first half and then carried that all through intermission and into the second half? That's what caused the defense to be unable to make a single drive stop in the second half? Loss of momentum from the 1st half? Really?

GO BILLS!!!

Edited by K-9

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

All the turnovers were in the first half which ended with us down by 6 points. And the defense was absolutely amazing in limiting them to 101 yards and only 13 points in spite of the turnovers and that abysmal pass interference penalty. The defense has nothing BUT momentum after that half. You are saying they lost the momentum in the first half and then carried that all through intermission and into the second half? That's what caused the defense to be unable to make a single drive stop in the second half? Loss of momentum from the 1st half? Really?

GO BILLS!!!

The defenses momentum was obvious by the way they played the second half. Yes thats what I said. IMHO

The defenses momentum was obvious by the way they played the second half. Yes thats what I said. IMHO

Just so I understand, the defense has the one of the best halves ever against Brady, in spite of Duke Williams gifting them with the penalty, and that caused a loss of momentum which they carried all through halftime and the 2nd half? With all due respect, I can't agree with that at all.

The only thing that killed the defense's momentum was getting repeatedly B word-slapped by Brady in the second half. And we've seen it happen time and time again.

GO BILLS!!!

Our biggest problem which will show up again, is this DC will not blitz and this is a passing league.We are rushing just three or four guys and they killed us yesterday.Brady is 37 years old not 27 years, you cannot let him sit back there and get cozy.

Who cares that you stopping the run, you blitz and make plays on defence.Our DB'S looked reaily good last year when QB'S were forced to make throws before they wanted too.Bill Bilichick talked during the week about Jim Schwartz's defence and how they did not blitz very often if at all, why do you think they decided to throw in 4th on there final drive starting at there 7 yard line.This is looking like 2012 and Wanny type of kitty defence.

Did you see Robey coming when the Patriots got a false start on # 11. He had a free run too. Nice call that got Brady thinkin'

I know the offense wasn't great but the defense got schooled. We started the second half down 6 points. We could have scored 4 TDs in the second half and still lost. Yeah, the offense was bad, but the D was atrocious.

Last year it was the run defense at/near the bottom of the NFL, this year it is the pass defense that will their undoing as it is in the bottom tier.

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever