Interesting whispers around the league

Kipers Hair

I thought the Mike Williams interest around the league was interesting...then I hear from a couple people there is interest I Frank Reich if Marrone is let go...then LaConfora reports the Reich thing today as well.

Let's face it, given our middling QB play, subpar coaching, and new ownership, there are too many distractions to really be good this year on the field. That said, the Bills are positioned to be a prime time soap opera this year... At least they aren't moving.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought the Mike Williams interest around the league was interesting...then I hear from a couple people there is interest I Frank Reich if Marrone is let go...then LaConfora reports the Reich thing today as well.

Let's face it, given our middling QB play, subpar coaching, and new ownership, there are too many distractions to really be good this year on the field. That said, the Bills are positioned to be a prime time soap opera this year... At least they aren't moving.

I heard that same thing a few weeks ago for what it's worth.

I would not be surprised at all to see Brandon/Whaley brought back and Reich brought in if Marrone doesn't get to 8 wins.

...And yet, the Bills are currently 3-3, 1-1 in the division, with two more-than-winnable games on the horizon. This despite "middling QB play, subpar coaching," and ownership uncertainty.

You might want to rethink that bolded sentence and take a few deep breaths. Push out the negative and refocus on the reality. This team is in the hunt, now is not the time to call off the dogs.

A first year OC with a purely offendive-minded Head Coach? Way too early to put him up for HC status. As beloved as he is in Buffalo, Reich still needs some seasoning.

Names to watch will be Kubiak, Pep Hamilton and Greg Roman. IMHO, of course.

I get that Reich is beloved in Buffalo.

which is exactly why Reich would be a terrible choice for HC. 22 games into Marrone's tenure and folks are already running him out of town.

Bills fans don't have many happy memories. Don't ruin one of the few we have by adding Reich to the pile of failed HCs

I heard that same thing a few weeks ago for what it's worth.

I would not be surprised at all to see Brandon/Whaley brought back and Reich brought in if Marrone doesn't get to 8 wins.

8 wins at this point is doable, though not a lock by any means. I will be very disappointed if the Bills don't win the next 2 against pretty bad teams which gets them to 5. So they would need 3 out of the remaining 8, with the likes of the Jests, Raiders, and Fish in those last 8.

...And yet, the Bills are currently 3-3, 1-1 in the division, with two more-than-winnable games on the horizon. This despite "middling QB play, subpar coaching," and ownership uncertainty.

You might want to rethink that bolded sentence and take a few deep breaths. Push out the negative and refocus on the reality. This team is in the hunt, now is not the time to call off the dogs.

- no, I ment exactly what I wrote. If you can't compete with the San Diego's and New England's of the world in your own house, you're not going anywhere this year. QB - that position is a dead horse. We took a guy who was unemployed three months ago, now we are riding him to the playoffs? It's a QB driven league and he is serviceable in patches, but as a starter, simply not good enough. Everyone trumpets an elite defense, and we are...only against teams Schwartz knows well, (Bears and Lions). We underperform when the lights go on. And lastly the coaches - when Spike's comments today all but pointed the gun at the coaching staff - we were a step behind. Unprepared. Unable to respond. Where are you riding this team this year other than off the cliff?

A first year OC with a purely offendive-minded Head Coach? Way too early to put him up for HC status. As beloved as he is in Buffalo, Reich still needs some seasoning.

Pep Hamilton and Greg Roman are solid choices. I'd like to add Darrell Bevell to that list as well. If we're looking only at offensive guys currently in the NFL then those 3 would be at the top of my list with Hamilton probably being a the bottom.

I'd add the following to this list:

Todd Bowles

Vic Fangio

Dan Quinn

Darell Bevell

Also, I'm not saying Reich is ready; I'm simply saying that if SD continues on their torrid pace of winning and offensive output, he's going to get interviews.

8 wins at this point is doable, though not a lock by any means. I will be very disappointed if the Bills don't win the next 2 against pretty bad teams which gets them to 5. So they would need 3 out of the remaining 8, with the likes of the Jests, Raiders, and Fish in those last 8.

Oh absolutely. I can easily see another 5 wins against:

Minnesota

NYJ (2)

KC

Miami

Cleveland

Oakland

- no, I ment exactly what I wrote. If you can't compete with the San Diego's and New England's of the world in your own house, you're not going anywhere this year. QB - that position is a dead horse. We took a guy who was unemployed three months ago, now we are riding him to the playoffs? It's a QB driven league and he is serviceable in patches, but as a starter, simply not good enough. Everyone trumpets an elite defense, and we are...only against teams Schwartz knows well, (Bears and Lions). We underperform when the lights go on. And lastly the coaches - when Spike's comments today all but pointed the gun at the coaching staff - we were a step behind. Unprepared. Unable to respond. Where are you riding this team this year other than off the cliff?

And yet, despite this, they are .500 and 1-1 in the division, through the toughest part of the schedule. I'm not defending the QB play, it's been a source of criticism since the off season. But you're deep into your Monday after a *pat loss, look beyond the doom and gloom and you'll feel better.

and Cleveland is loving it ... :cry:

thebandit27, jimmy10, and 26cornerblitz, along with other sources, are reporting that Frank Reich will be the next coach of the Buffalo Bills. 26cornerblitz is one of the best in the business...if he picks up this story, my ears are automatically perked! :lol: