Mike Williams exploring trade

jwolf02

In one of his pressers a couple weeks ago he made a comment that worried me a bit. Something like "Talking with my mom on the phone and she's like darn, Mike, last year you had 80 catches and this year you have 3!" And then he goes on to say how his main focus is just the team winning. I got the sense the frustrating was building with him not getting enough opportunities. Of course the next week he caught the 80 yd bomb from EJ. But seriously, what a joke. He's a serious weapon and this team has no clue how to use their talent on offense.

was going to mention that - after that comment, the inactive status makes it not at all shocking that hed be looking for a place where he could contribute.

when you bench your #3 WR for a special teamer - unless its major discipline issues, they should be upset.

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bet it'll come to Whaley or Marrone (and his staff) who have to go. They don't seem on the same page, and as Whaley didn't hire Marrone, he has no allegiance to him. I'd rather have Whaley and let him choose his next coach. Would be an attractive job with the Pegulas and their record of at least spending and how loyal they are (too loyal to Regier, but I think they've learned).

That disconnect that was speculated earlier in the year really seems to be growing IMO.

Williams has always been trouble. Sounds as if he isn't happy with the number of targets he's getting. He is a narcissist who way overestimates his talent. He could have been a nice weapon along side Watkins and Woods, but it sounds like he has already worn out his welcome. Hogan looked better than him yesterday anyways.

@mikerodak

Mike Williams has a fully guaranteed $5.2 million base salary in 2015. If a team wants to acquire him, that could be a sticking point.

Mike Williams also has cap numbers of $7.2M (2016), $7.5M (2017) and $8.75M (2018). May require renegotiation to move him.

For those interested, here are Mike Williams’ full contract details: http://es.pn/1gDjfnR

was going to mention that - after that comment, the inactive status makes it not at all shocking that hed be looking for a place where he could contribute.

when you bench your #3 WR for a special teamer - unless its major discipline issues, they should be upset.

Marrone and Whaley are simply not on the same page. And I would side with Whaley at this point, because this is so bizarre--the regression we are seeing on offense is ridiculous. I still maintain this roster is top tier, or at least approaching--no one has no weaknesses--so the pathetic offensive outputs are inexcusable esp when you have guys like MW, SW, Woody, CJ, FJ

That disconnect that was speculated earlier in the year really seems to be growing IMO.

Looks like it. Probably was between Whaley and Marrone with Brandon trying to keep the peace. Brandon should have let Whaley hire his own damn coach, wtf. Whaley is bringing in guys to help execute his vision and he's working with a coach with totally different ideas.

Joe Buscaglia@JoeBuscaglia 2m2 minutes ago

#Boom quote from Whaley: "If he gets me compensation worthy of a No. 1 wide receiver which he claimed he is, then we would entertain it."

Loads of sarcasm in that statement.

Williams has always been trouble. Sounds as if he isn't happy with the number of targets he's getting. He is a narcissist who way overestimates his talent. He could have been a nice weapon along side Watkins and Woods, but it sounds like he has already worn out his welcome. Hogan looked better than him yesterday anyways.

Perhaps Whaley shares your opinion.

Isn't just a wee bit more likely that he's frustrated with the joke of an offensive scheme we employ week in and out? Then gets benched for a college lacrosse player in the biggest game of the year? Yeah, he's a narcissist.

Looks like it. Probably was between Whaley and Marrone with Brandon trying to keep the peace. Brandon should have let Whaley hire his own damn coach, wtf. Whaley is bringing in guys to help execute his vision and he's working with a coach with totally different ideas.

IMO, Whaley has done a better job than Marrone. We have a Ferrari of weapons and have a 16 year old who just got his license driving it.

The fact they kept Lee Smith active over Williams would have me seeking a trade too. Smith is terrible, and St. Doug's explanation that "we had a lot of three tight end sets in the gameplan" made me want to pull my hair out. Three tight end sets versus spreading the field with the explosive weapons on hand: Sammy, Woody, Williams, Goodwin, Spiller, Freddy. TERRIBLE.

Pears is my nemesis, has been since he started playing (terrible) tackle for the Bills back '11 -- people like to remember him being "adequate" at tackle, but he never was anything more than sub par. Lee Smith is QUICKLY moving up my list of Bills who are flat out terrible. He does nothing but hold and get stupid penalties. He doesn't block well, doesn't catch well, is slower than Gungy running from a naked Boyst -- both Pears and Smith should be shown the door today if this were my team.

Joe Buscaglia@JoeBuscaglia 2m2 minutes ago

#Boom quote from Whaley: "If he gets me compensation worthy of a No. 1 wide receiver which he claimed he is, then we would entertain it."

Well, that escalated quickly.

Whaley is really being a D*** here.

He traded away a #1 WR for a 4th string running back who hasn't been active all year.

So he can go suck on a D***

Isn't just a wee bit more likely that he's frustrated with the joke of an offensive scheme we employ week in and out? Then gets benched for a college lacrosse player in the biggest game of the year? Yeah, he's a narcissist.

I agree our offense is a joke but the track record suggest that Williams is trouble.