Vote: Who is the Best Player on the Bills Roster?

johnwalter

Who are the Bills best players...  

121 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the best offensive player on the Buffalo roster?

• Cordy Glenn
    • Fred Jackson
    • Sammy Watkins
    • Eric Wood
    • CJ Spiller
    • Dan Carpenter
  2. 2. Who is the best defensive player on the Buffalo roster?

• Marcell Dareus
    • Kyle Williams
    • Mario Williams
    • Aaron Williams
    • Kiko Alonso
    • Stephon Gilmore
    • Brandon Spikes
  3. 3. Who is the best overall player on the Buffalo roster?

• Cordy Glenn
    • Fred Jackson
    • Sammy Watkins
    • Dan Carpenter
    • Marcell Dareus
    • Kyle Williams
    • Mario Williams
    • Aaron Williams
    • Kiko Alonso
    • Brandon Spikes

Who do you think is the best player on the Bills? Who is the best offensive player? Best defensive player? Here, "best player" means: best at his respective job (do not give some positions higher value than others).

Yes - I put Dan Carpenter down as an 'offensive player,' he scores points, deal with it.

Sammy. Kiko. Sammy.

I thought of it this way:

. If there was an expansion team and it could take any 1 player off each team, who would it take off the Bills?

And I wasnt just going young. Sammy would do more to help a team win the Superbowl This Year than anybody else on the Bills roster.

-Ans: You can find better LBs than Kiko (i hope he's not listening), but you'd be hard pressed to find a better WR than sammy.

Honorable mention to Mario and Jerry Hughes, based on OP's definition.

Edited by maddenboy

This was actually a tough decision...

On offense, I couldn't decide. In fact, I just edit this post and changed my mind lol. I am going to go with Sammy. Originally I eliminated him because he is still learning the game, but just based on raw talent I think a strong case could be made for him.

Defense was tough too, but I had to choose Mario. He's a beast. Dareus is playing great, but Mario has done it longer and I think is a lot more stronger mentally too.

Overall, I chose Mario as he is an Elite NFL player by any measure and until someone else plays consistently at an Elite level, he has to be the guy in my eyes.

Edited by Alphadawg7

I think it's Mario, too. I don't think people realize how good he is overall, and how much attention other teams pay to him over the course of a game. He's really solid against the pass and run, down after down.

Marcell has been tremendous the last few games. Glenn is awfully consistent, too. Kyle is almost always Kyle.

Mario is one of the very best in the league at his position.

Offense: 1. Glenn, 2. Sammy, 3. FJ. Defense: 1. Dareus, 2. KW, 3. Mario. Overall: 1. Dareus, 2. KW, 3. Mario. Whoever voted for kiko needs to have their head examined. Top three on offense and defense are so close though. Tell ya what, those are six pretty sick f'n football players. Our defensive line is freaking insane.

Edited by metzelaars_lives

Offensively it's FJ right now but I think by years end (or middle) it will be Sammy. The kid has is going to be a superstar. On D it's Kyle Williams though Dareus and Mario aren't far behind. Best overall, Kyle though again the gap isn't wide there are quite a few players right there with him.

Offensively it's FJ right now but I think by years end (or middle) it will be Sammy. The kid has is going to be a superstar. On D it's Kyle Williams though Dareus and Mario aren't far behind. Best overall, Kyle though again the gap isn't wide there are quite a few players right there with him.

^ This, although I wavered back and forth with E Wood.

Offense: 1. Glenn, 2. Sammy, 3. FJ. Defense: 1. Dareus, 2. KW, 3. Mario. Overall: 1. Dareus, 2. KW, 3. Mario. Whoever voted for kiko needs to have their head examined. Top three on offense and defense are so close though. Tell ya what, those are six pretty sick f'n football players. Our defensive line is freaking insane.

No doubt about it our D-line has to give offensive coordinators nightmares, you would think our O-line would be better from the experience of practicing against them. I went FJ without him we probably lose at Chicago and Detroit, Mario on defense although it's hard to pick anybody over Marcel and KW and over all Mario, by years end it very well could be Sammy or Marcel. How nice is it to have a talent like Mario and there are so many other players you could make a legitimate case for. With the Pegulas hopefully we start keeping our best players.

It's hard for me to pick anyone other than Mario (but I did). I think that Mario is one of the great players in the league but the way that Dareus is playing right now can't go unnoticed. He is 2nd or 3rd in sacks as a D tackle on the top run defense in the league!! He led the league in tackles for loss last year (he may be leading again I'm not sure). If JJ Watt gets hurt Marcell Dareus may very we'll be the defensive player of the year. That is crazy production.

The players on offense aren't at the same level as the players on defense. Freddie is the safest bet but I think that Watkins is already the guy that makes the offense tick. Glenn is really, really good as well. While Fred is my favorite I think that Watkins is the answer. The guy that I still can't figure out why everyone thinks is good is Eric Wood but that's a different story.

It's hard for me to pick anyone other than Mario (but I did). I think that Mario is one of the great players in the league but the way that Dareus is playing right now can't go unnoticed. He is 2nd or 3rd in sacks as a D tackle on the top run defense in the league!! He led the league in tackles for loss last year (he may be leading again I'm not sure). If JJ Watt gets hurt Marcell Dareus may very we'll be the defensive player of the year. That is crazy production.

The players on offense aren't at the same level as the players on defense. Freddie is the safest bet but I think that Watkins is already the guy that makes the offense tick. Glenn is really, really good as well. While Fred is my favorite I think that Watkins is the answer. The guy that I still can't figure out why everyone thinks is good is Eric Wood but that's a different story.

It's no shock that you and I picked exactly the same.

I went with Sammy on offense over Cordy because I find that a WR can make plays even without the benefit of a great OL. As good as an OL can be, they can't score points.

I went with Marcel by a hair over Mario because of how disruptive he's been this year. He's got 6 sacks from the DT spot--good for 3rd in the NFL overall.

The only thing I disagree with is Eric Wood--I think the last 2 years he's been at a severe disadvantage from the poor guard play; overall a very good center though.

The only thing I disagree with is Eric Wood--I think the last 2 years he's been at a severe disadvantage from the poor guard play; overall a very good center though.

Yeah, I guess that I don't think that he is a bad player. I just feel that if he were a top end guy he would be able to cover up some for the poor guard play. In addition, I felt like he committed too many penalties last year. To me, he's pretty good but doesn't belong on a poll of the best players on the team. He's a "core guy" like a Robert Woods, Corey Graham, Brandon Spikes, or a Nigel Bradham. That's all.

Yeah, I guess that I don't think that he is a bad player. I just feel that if he were a top end guy he would be able to cover up some for the poor guard play. In addition, I felt like he committed too many penalties last year. To me, he's pretty good but doesn't belong on a poll of the best players on the team. He's a "core guy" like a Robert Woods, Corey Graham, Brandon Spikes, or a Nigel Bradham. That's all.

Now that I'm on board with; I'd put him in the "very good" category, not the "great" (like Fred Jackson or Jerry Hughes) or "elite" (Mario/Dareus/Sammy/Cordy).