The Walking Dead Return

I hate where they're going with Carol now. I can understand doubting some things, but there's no way that the badass that she has become would have ever let the Savior woman get in any punches while Carol had the gun on her. She was so quick with the head shot to the other one (yeah, attempted stab to the stomach, I get it), yet she's hesitant with the main one? This is the same woman who was very quick to kill her own people if she believed it would help the group. It just doesn't add up. Hell, she's already fought off an army of cannibals, that woman would not hesitate to kill someone who had been holding her hostage all day.

edit: And the Negan reveal is going to have to be huge after all of this. If they want to play him off as brutal, he's going to have to Lucille 3 or 4 people at least because Rick's group is pretty damn brutal themselves.

Personally I think the Carol stuff is great. Morgan has been in her ear and the redhead reminded Carol of herself. A compassionate unselfish person before the outbreak who had lost all ability at empathy. I think she had thoughts of converting the redhead to the group or at least some guilt.....like she'd be killing another version of herself.

My theory that Morgan and Carol both get whacked is something I'll stick with. I realize it is a long shot but it would mess with Rick, and even if it only did so temporarily, it would mess with his ability to lead. Negan would be established as the boss which is what must happen in 16. It isn't about body for body but it is about who is the boss. Of course Maggie could probably throw Negan off his game any time she wanted and help Rick re-assert himself but that will be next season probably.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My theory that Morgan and Carol both get whacked is something I'll stick with. I realize it is a long shot but it would mess with Rick, and even if it only did so temporarily, it would mess with his ability to lead. Negan would be established as the boss which is what must happen in 16. It isn't about body for body but it is about who is the boss. Of course Maggie could probably throw Negan off his game any time she wanted and help Rick re-assert himself but that will be next season probably.

It has to be something massive to establish Negan given how much of their group Rick has massacred with ease so far. Hell, if they really want shock value, have it be Rick himself. I know it won't happen, but that's just about the only death that would establish him legitimately as in charge. The only other one I'd consider is if he knows Maggie is pregnant and kills her anyway.

Carol is absolutely my favorite charactor on this show......and I know that her death is coming and I will be sad.....

Carol is struggling with the merc she has become and the mother hen that she used to be.......that is the way that I see it. Maggie about to bring a baby into the world is messin with her mind.

I think it was Sam's death that hit her even more than that. The whole thing still doesn't add up to me though. The red head clearly wanted them dead and Carol from about 2 weeks ago would know that.

And yes, she's so dead. The writing on the wall could not be any more clear.

Edited by shrader

I think it was Sam's death that hit her even more than that. The whole thing still doesn't add up to me though. The red head clearly wanted them dead and Carol from about 2 weeks ago would know that.

And yes, she's so dead. The writing on the wall could not be any more clear.

I think Carol is torn in multiple ways. She told Daryl at the end that she was not okay and she's not. I could see them killing her off or leaving her to develop in future season but tend to agree with you as I have stated.

3 killings this week:

1. Protecting Maggie. The one that tried stabbing Maggie......bang. You can even count the guy she shot last week/this week in that category.

2. Redhead. She was very uncertain here. She had just had a long discussion with the redhead who had traveled Carol's road and was already at the end of it meaning past the point of no return. Carol doesn't want to be past that point. This brought hesitation and without some un-straighting assistance from Maggie who knows what would have happened?

3. Saviors come in, go to killing floor....and get set on fire. Cold hearted and calculated. Is she back to being the old Carol? It doesn't seem that way given her discussion with Daryl.

I think somebody will get killed this week and my best guess is Heath. Tara may go out with him. Rosita could also take a hit and even Abe. If I had to bet, I'd go Heath.

Carol is absolutely my favorite charactor on this show......and I know that her death is coming and I will be sad.....

Carol is struggling with the merc she has become and the mother hen that she used to be.......that is the way that I see it. Maggie about to bring a baby into the world is messin with her mind.

Nope. It's going to be Abraham and Daryl.

I could definitely see Daryl but I'd bet against Abe.

My pecking order....only for Lucille, not for another death:

Carol and Morgan

Glen

Daryl

Maggie

Seemingly unthinkable not too long ago, I can see Carl sneaking into this picture. i still think it is low odds.

Michonne

They seemed to be going out of their way last week to point out that Heath and Tara were going out on a run together right after the raid on the Saviors. That and her whole talk with Gabriel and Jesus about being in love with Denise, it all puts Tara right at the top of the death watch for me.

I guess they can say Sasha and Abe were about to be goners as justification but man knifing a guy through the head while he sleeps.......I have to believe this will have an impact on Glen, especially with Maggie captive. The rest of this season can't help but be great.

At the moment I think Rick is off the deep end a bit; they'll have to regroup quickly. They killed a whole boatload of those dudes. I'm not sure why Negan's group wouldn't just flat wipe them out. The actor they got for Negan is really good. Next season will be great.

We needed food. Simple answer.

Also, I like that Negan's satellite camp had a giant satellite dish in it, gave me a giggle. The only way to make it more obvious would be to have Dave Matthews playing inside the camp walls.

Also, gleaning clues. The group who dies this week hadn't been to the "safehouse" in more than a month - someone had cleaned out the supplies in the interim - yet oddly left the fuel behind. Had someone from the Alexandria group been there recently? If not them, who? The Saviors group is clearly large in that they can expend 20ish people and still have enough to mount a legitimate offensive. Subtract 20+ fighters from any group we've seen thus far and they lose their ability to fight.

Also, Negan's group still, in theory, doesn't know the Alexandria group exists. Rick and Carol whacked all of the known Saviors so far. Now, what would make sense would be if when the redhead radioed out for help that the satellite base had fallen the person she spoke to was a relay who then passed word back to home base. The limited range of the walkie talkies was implied with the conversation about static in the transmission and the Negan group is well coordinated enough to have thought of that. I need to go back and re-watch the scene where they were in transit to the safehouse where she was on the radio. IIRC the radio didn't answer her, she was communicating out about others not following protocols and telling the listener what channel to be on, then she switched channels to talk to her immediate backup. That would put the actual Negan in much closer proximity.

Also, we never got a good explanation about the female Wolf zombie who was tied up in the woods. Spencer? Negan? Random? In retrospect it doesn't seem to be in the Wolves M.O. to do that - they were all about killing immediately.

In regards to who dies, if we use the comics as a guide there are some immediate suspects, Abraham and Glenn immediately come to mind. But remember, Judith died at the prison in the comics, Carol killed herself at the prison as well (and was WAY less of a bad-ass), Morgan died when Alexandria was over-run by zombies, and Daryl doesn't exist. Eliminating any of them realigns with the books.

Edited by That's No Moon

We needed food. Simple answer.

Also, I like that Negan's satellite camp had a giant satellite dish in it, gave me a giggle. The only way to make it more obvious would be to have Dave Matthews playing inside the camp walls.

Also, gleaning clues. The group who dies this week hadn't been to the "safehouse" in more than a month - someone had cleaned out the supplies in the interim - yet oddly left the fuel behind. Had someone from the Alexandria group been there recently? If not them, who? The Saviors group is clearly large in that they can expend 20ish people and still have enough to mount a legitimate offensive. Subtract 20+ fighters from any group we've seen thus far and they lose their ability to fight.

Also, Negan's group still, in theory, doesn't know the Alexandria group exists. Rick and Carol whacked all of the known Saviors so far. Now, what would make sense would be if when the redhead radioed out for help that the satellite base had fallen the person she spoke to was a relay who then passed word back to home base. The limited range of the walkie talkies was implied with the conversation about static in the transmission and the Negan group is well coordinated enough to have thought of that. I need to go back and re-watch the scene where they were in transit to the safehouse where she was on the radio. IIRC the radio didn't answer her, she was communicating out about others not following protocols and telling the listener what channel to be on, then she switched channels to talk to her immediate backup. That would put the actual Negan in much closer proximity.

Also, we never got a good explanation about the female Wolf zombie who was tied up in the woods. Spencer? Negan? Random? In retrospect it doesn't seem to be in the Wolves M.O. to do that - they were all about killing immediately.

In regards to who dies, if we use the comics as a guide there are some immediate suspects, Abraham and Glenn immediately come to mind. But remember, Judith died at the prison in the comics, Carol killed herself at the prison as well (and was WAY less of a bad-ass), Morgan died when Alexandria was over-run by zombies, and Daryl doesn't exist. Eliminating any of them realigns with the books.

Carol is so unaligned with the comics right now that realigning with the comics by killing her seems almost redundant, since "comic Carol" basically doesn't exist in the show anyway.

Carol is so unaligned with the comics right now that realigning with the comics by killing her seems almost redundant, since "comic Carol" basically doesn't exist in the show anyway.

Did comic Spencer hump zombies in season 7? Because if not that'll be another misalignment.

I don't disagree with that but I feel like they've been setting her up the past couple weeks to have a Tyreese type self sacrifical, I hate what I've become, death.

I'll go ahead and label this as spoilers just in case anyone cares. It's pure speculation, but what the hell...

I almost wonder if she could actually stick around and go the "comic Michonne" route since she's now morphed with Andrea. And speaking of that, if we're comparing people with others in the comics, Sasha's time will be limited.

I'll go ahead and label this as spoilers just in case anyone cares. It's pure speculation, but what the hell...

I almost wonder if she could actually stick around and go the "comic Michonne" route since she's now morphed with Andrea. And speaking of that, if we're comparing people with others in the comics, Sasha's time will be limited.

Sasha is the sniper. Half Andrea from the comic I think. They better not kill her. i think she is among the best actors on the show and has just begun showing it.

I think if you go by the comic that Rick, Carl, Maggie and Michonne are very safe, but they do a lot of morphing of character traits from what I understand.

Melissa McBride and Lennie James are great actors and that could allow their characters to remain. I still think there isa good chance they meet Lucille. Glen is great but where does his character go? Glen and Carol meet Lucille? Should be interesting.

Sasha is the sniper. Half Andrea from the comic I think. They better not kill her. i think she is among the best actors on the show and has just begun showing it.

She has that, yes, but she's now the show's version of Holly from the comics (who is dead on the show, never did a thing).

My bet is no "main" character dies but Alexandria AND Hilltop are massacred while Rick and the Army are out finding Negan's base.

Does anyone of Rick's crew know who Negan is at this point? They were saying we all are Negan and the one they captured said he was Negan, so at this point I don't think they know if they killed Negan, if Negan is still alive, or if there even is a Negan...

Does anyone of Rick's crew know who Negan is at this point? They were saying we all are Negan and the one they captured said he was Negan, so at this point I don't think they know if they killed Negan, if Negan is still alive, or if there even is a Negan...

Jesus was with them so shouldn't he be able to identify that Negan is in fact an individual and not the one Rick killed?