EJ and Spiller for Geno and a First Rounder

rfk

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Makes zero sense for either of these teams.

I disagree. Under the OP's scenario, the Bills get the Jets' first round pick, and all we have to do is unload Manuel and a RB who will likely walk at season's end anyways. A deal like that would make a ton of sense . . . for the Bills.

But despite appearances to the contrary, the Jets are not run by imbeciles. So I don't think the OP's scenario is going to happen.

I disagree. Under the OP's scenario, the Bills get the Jets' first round pick, and all we have to do is unload Manuel and a RB who will likely walk at season's end anyways. A deal like that would make a ton of sense . . . for the Bills.

But despite appearances to the contrary, the Jets are not run by imbeciles. So I don't think the OP's scenario is going to happen.

Dont be so sure...

the jets are on their way to a top 5 pick...denver, new england, us, pitt as their upcoming schedule. They'll end up with winston or maybe mariotta if they really bottom out.

No way Winston goes that high anymore with his issues. It just isn't happening. And I believe Mariotta will fall as well, I can't put a finger on it though as to why. There is just something about him I'm not buying. I think Cook just may be the 1st QB off the board when all is said an done.

WTF would we want Geno Smith. He's turned the ball over more than any QB in the NFL. Might as well have said CJ Spiller for a warm beef taco. Just plain idiotic.

It's not wanting Geno so much as wanting a #1 pick, especially one that will likely be a high one. EJ-for-Geno is a wash. What you're doing is trading CJ for a #1. I can't imagine anyone buying that deal but it is the Jets here so...

Ummmm.......No. At least EJ has shown flashes of being competent, he just needs time to learn on the bench like he was supposed to when he was drafted.

Geno Smith has absolutely flashed more and shown a greater upside than EJ Manuel. His issue is that he is a prone to making big mistakes. I would actually take that over EJ's phobia of attempting passes to wide receivers who aren't either within five yards of the line of scrimmage or wide open.