Shad Khan criticizes the Bills game day experience??? WTF???

Beerball

He has only played 2 games, and won 0, correct? He looks pretty good early on but.... have you learned nothing from being a Bills fan?! lol

I know what it looks like when a QB can't play. I've had nearly two decades of experience observing that.

Bortals has pocket presence, awareness and confidence.

The rest will follow. I watch every Jags game.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So Khan says we need to upgrade the stadium experience. So do McNair and Rooney. Today, I suspect, other owners will say the same.

Of course NFL owners want us to either upgrade our stadium or, preferably, build a new one. It's all about branding. Every stadium reflects on the NFL brand.

Why wouldn't other owners want us to upgrade our stadium when it costs them nothing?

Bortles certainly looks the part early on, but I don't think it's time to crown him yet. Plenty of talented young QB's get beat down playing for schitty teams.

don't make a mountain out of my mole hill. I didn't "crown" him. My other point was I don't think the Jags are as bad as people think. They have good starters.... Just no bench. One injury can derail a game for them.

Come on man getting there at 8am cracking a beer as soon as you get up is what makes the gameday at the Ralph so special. If they do build a new stadium, there is no doubt in mind that it will be downtown by the waterfront. Tailgating as we know it will never be the same.

That's the point of new stadiums, they don't want tailgating.

So Khan says we need to upgrade the stadium experience. So do McNair and Rooney. Today, I suspect, other owners will say the same.

Of course NFL owners want us to either upgrade our stadium or, preferably, build a new one. It's all about branding. Every stadium reflects on the NFL brand.

Why wouldn't other owners want us to upgrade our stadium when it costs them nothing?

We will likely get a loan from the league, but, I get your meaning. (I think they also have grant money for new stadiums?)

Let's be real: this isn't about filling the stadium with fans, it's about having more high-priced luxury suites for high-rollers to watch on big screens, as if they were in their living rooms.

That is the issue. The NFL has redefined fans as those people or companies rich enough to tolerate obscene prices to attend games and buy NFL merchandise. The traditional fans, the ones who have continuously supported their teams, are relegated to game day experiences on their couch in front of the tube. It is a caste system and it would seem the true and loyal fans of Buffalo are the untouchables of the NFL.

The up graded Ever Bank field is nice, now if they could just do something about the ridiculous heat in the seats.

I took my son to an early season game there (Jax) and paid big bucks for great seats (Stubhub since I wasn't going to travel then gamble on a cheap scalped ticket). There were about 25+/- seats in the row of our section. I looked around at one point and we were the ONLY people still in our seats. It was so crazy blazing hot everyone else was watching inside with air conditioning. If I'm watching inside, it's on my own couch.

I'm afraid we had better get used to hearing this stadium talk. He's not the first owner to bring up a new stadium for Buffalo, and Goodell has already weighed in on it. Others will follow. This will be part of the plan. The owners should have enough sense to tell Khan he should be the LAST person to open his mouth... It just doesn't pass the straight face test.

Edited by Augie

Why does every team need a new stadium these days? Does it have grass for players to play on and seats for fans to sit in? All the other hoopla is unnessecary in my mind. If I want to stare at a giant screen the whole game I will just sit at home.

The Boston Red Sox have been in the same stadium for how long? They seem to really have a hard time selling tickets these days....

it's kinda amusing to watch the nfl attempt to get the "new stadium in buffalo" drumbeat going. i'm curious how goodell, frank luntz and the owners will frame their argument for fleecing taxpayers without having the threat of relocation to scare everyone.

This. "Long term viabilablahblahblah". Show me the P&L where they're losing $.

I think this is so overstated by people who don't go to games.

I've had season tickets since 2001 and have seen someone throw up once, in the parking lot before the game.

Drunks - yes, there are drunks. Most are harmless. Once a season, one of them really gets on my nerves. But, a quick wave to the usher and problems are solved.

Violence? I don't recall seeing a fight at a Bills game in a few years. Some arguing and shoving and such, but no actual violence.

I think this is so overstated by people who don't go to games.

I've had season tickets since 2001 and have seen someone throw up once, in the parking lot before the game.

Drunks - yes, there are drunks. Most are harmless. Once a season, one of them really gets on my nerves. But, a quick wave to the usher and problems are solved.

Violence? I don't recall seeing a fight at a Bills game in a few years. Some arguing and shoving and such, but no actual violence.

I had season ticket for 3 years back in the early 2000's. This was my experience from the Thursday night game a few years ago(my wife's 1st game). when I score some free tickets i will go, but have not paid to go since 2005

Khan on why the game day experience at the Ralph is lacking: "Theres too many people there. WAY too many. It makes it hard to get a beer or food, and if you stay until the end of the game you wait FOREVER trying to get out of the parking lot. Theres even a crowd in the bathroom. Some guy bumped into me at the trough and now I have urinal anxiety. Theres just soooo many people there!!!"