Buffalo has played 4 of the top 5 NFL defenses

Here are the Top 5 defenses in the NFL through Week 5 according to Pro Football Reference's EXP rating (expected points contributed by all defense):

1. Detroit Lions

2. Miami Dolphins

3. Buffalo Bills

4. San Diego Chargers

5. Houston Texans

I know the Bills contributed & it's a small sample but it really says something.

Here's our next few opponents and their defensive ranks in terms of pts/game:

NE - 12

Minn - 20

NYJ - 21

KC - 7

Miami - 19

NYJ - 21

Cleveland - 24

Denver - 16

GB - 10

Oakland - 22

NE - 12

Here are the Top 5 defenses in the NFL through Week 5 according to Pro Football Reference's EXP rating (expected points contributed by all defense):

1. Detroit Lions

2. Miami Dolphins

3. Buffalo Bills

4. San Diego Chargers

5. Houston Texans

I know the Bills contributed & it's a small sample but it really says something.

Here's our next few opponents and their defensive ranks in terms of pts/game:

NE - 12

Minn - 20

NYJ - 21

KC - 7

Miami - 19

NYJ - 21

Cleveland - 24

Denver - 16

GB - 10

Oakland - 22

NE - 12

I think this is pretty significant. We have 2 rookies learning the ropes against some superstar players and very strong defenses. I have to think this was a partial factor in our offensive struggles. Curious to see how we perform against weaker defenses.

I think this is pretty significant. We have 2 rookies learning the ropes against some superstar players and very strong defenses. I have to think this was a partial factor in our offensive struggles. Curious to see how we perform against weaker defenses.

Well i bet the Bills have learned some valuable and painful lessons. hopefully they are better for it

And they're getting better everyday!

And they're getting better everyday!

Thats what i was expecting ( hoping ! )

This team would get rolling about now. But with EJ and 3 losses.

Ha ! true though.

They have improved alot since last week for sure.

Heck i saw Gilmore making nice tackles against the run !!!