Did The Patriots Show Their Hand Against The Bengals?

Peace Frog

After the drubbing they took in Kansas City, did Brady and the offense show us the blueprint for their game plan against us when they dismantled the Bengals defense with their two TE sets and numerous seam passes? I realize they wanted to make a statement with their victory at home against Cincy; 'Brady isn't finished yet!'. Had they sprung this formation on us, we probably would have been clobbered. But I think Schwartz will figure out a way to counter this. What say you?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Marv Levy used to say you are never as good as they say you are and you are never as bad as they say you are.

The pats aren't dead and we aren't world beaters. . .yet.

The pats have gone with a different offensive plan week to week for years don't presume anything.

Edited by gjnoronh

Bengals didn't bring the heat against Brady. Brady will be facing the best defensive line they have faced this season when they come to the Ralph. Bills are going roll right over them. That okey doke crap they pulled on the Bengals ain't gonna work next week.

Plus, that defense of theirs is over rated.

I think Pepper Johnson and Brandon Spikes to a lesser extent, are very familiar with the various "hands" the Pats* play. They got their running game untracked last night and that will be the key to stopping Brady. We held Gates to 1 catch for 8 yards and I hope we can do the same with Gronk but without having the other TE kill us like SD did.

GO BILLS!!!

We held Gates to 1 catch for 8 yards and I hope we can do the same with Gronk but without having the other TE kill us like SD did.

And that is my major concern. People have been trying to find fault with the Mankins trade but to be honest they got pretty great value for him; a 4th rounder and Tim Wright given how well their O-Line held Cinci's interior in check.

Hopefully it doesn't come to it but I have a gut feeling Wright is going to be a frustration come Sunday.

Gotta wonder how the Bills will choose to defend Gronk, Wright and Vereen?

Also interesting is what input Pats OC, Josh McDaniels, will have on how to defend his former QB, Orton?

Wright? Are we really elevating this guy to some sort of quasi-elite status already? The guy is a tall WR who doesn't do anything special. I get that Bellycheat traded for him and that must mean he's a hidden gem, but the guy is a complete non-factor to me.

Wright? Are we really elevating this guy to some sort of quasi-elite status already? The guy is a tall WR who doesn't do anything special. I get that Bellycheat traded for him and that must mean he's a hidden gem, but the guy is a complete non-factor to me.

Firstly, he isn't far off Hernandez's ability (and we know first hand how successful he was with the Pats*). Secondly, did you watch many Bucs games at the tail end of last season? The guy is a threat and if you really believe he's a "complete non-factor" then we can only hope that you're correct and your analysis comes to complete fruition.

I think you are being sarcastic. BB has had more whiffs lately than home runs.

Key to beating these Pats is to beat them down early and make them believe they are not that good, because honestly they are not very good. IF the Bills can get up on these guys like they did Miami it will be a long day for the Pats. Seems to me the Pats are a very emotional team for the first time in a long time. This is not something we are use to seeing. When is the last time we saw such a swing from one week to the next for the Pats? Such a swing of points from a lose to a win?

Edited by atlbillsfan1975

Firstly, he isn't far off Hernandez's ability (and we know first hand how successful he was with the Pats*). Secondly, did you watch many Bucs games at the tail end of last season? The guy is a threat and if you really believe he's a "complete non-factor" then we can only hope that you're correct and your analysis comes to complete fruition.

He doesn't have a tenth of Hernandez's athleticism. Wright is two inches taller and thirty pounds lighter. He doesn't bring the same elements that Hernandez brought to them, he doesn't block, had a limited college career at Rutgers (where he caught 50 balls and had only 4 TDs... again, playing for Rutgers) and was signed as an UDFA by his college coach.

Wright doesn't block, doesn't run particularly fast and isn't overly big. He's a mismatch for some LBs as a TE, sure, but he hardly ever lines up next to a tackle anyway.

The guy hasn't done anything in his career to warrant the sudden proclamations by the media that he's elite. He's not. He's average.

He doesn't have a tenth of Hernandez's athleticism. Wright is two inches taller and thirty pounds lighter. He doesn't bring the same elements that Hernandez brought to them, he doesn't block, had a limited college career at Rutgers (where he caught 50 balls and had only 4 TDs... again, playing for Rutgers) and was signed as an UDFA by his college coach.

Wright doesn't block, doesn't run particularly fast and isn't overly big. He's a mismatch for some LBs as a TE, sure, but he hardly ever lines up next to a tackle anyway.

The guy hasn't done anything in his career to warrant the sudden proclamations by the media that he's elite. He's not. He's average.

Hernandez wasn't exactly the most gifted blocker either and my point was simply that he is productive (whether he's an UDFA, 6th, 7th, 2nd or 1st round pick) as a second TE. His statistics were just as good last season, if not better than Chandler has had since he arrived in Buffalo. In fact, scratch that. They were better.

Sure Hernandez was ahead in all facets of Wright but a "complete non-factor" is far fetched and quite the farce. I am not claiming him to be the best thing since sliced bread just that he's been productive and has the chance to be highly effective in the #2/3 role.

Hernandez wasn't exactly the most gifted blocker either and my point was simply that he is productive (whether he's an UDFA, 6th, 7th, 2nd or 1st round pick) as a second TE. His statistics were just as good last season, if not better than Chandler has had since he arrived in Buffalo. In fact, scratch that. They were better.

Sure Hernandez was ahead in all facets of Wright but a "complete non-factor" is far fetched and quite the farce. I am not claiming him to be the best thing since sliced bread just that he's been productive and has the chance to be highly effective in the #2/3 role.

If your baseline for greatness in TEs involves comparing them to Chandler, then you might as well be comparing turds to donuts. :lol:

He played in 8 games last year and had under 600 yards with 5 TDs. So far this year he's had one good game in an absolute blowout win. Let's just hold off on ordering the bust for Canton. There are multiple guys on the Bills roster who can cover him, he doesn't do anything special.