Did The Patriots Show Their Hand Against The Bengals?

Peace Frog

If he's 235 then I'm Japanese.

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4767200/quick-hit-thoughts-around-nfl-patriots-25

Here's another thing I learned about Wright: While he's listed at 6-foot-4 and 220 pounds on the roster, he's actually closer to 230, which has helped him be more competitive in blocking situations. The added weight obviously hasn't compromised his quickness and smoothness in getting out of his breaks as he's still growing into the position.

http://www.pewterreport.com/index.php?option=com_k2&Itemid=20&view=item&layout=item&id=9293

“I’m to about 235,” Wright said. “I want to get up to the 240-pound range. I think that would be optimal for me with what I do as a player and what I bring to the team. If I got too big, I would be like every other tight end and lose some of my speed. If I’m too skinny I won’t be effective.”

And he's had one good game in five. Let's just call a truce. :beer:

Well, he probably doesn't even know the playbook yet. But, it seems like he's getting it figured out.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was listed as 6'3 in every lineup card ever filled out with my name on it. I've never been over 6'1 a day in my life.

That's because you are Japanese :D

Take a look at him compared to LaFell this weekend. He's much bigger than LaFell who is a bigger WR, "listed" @ 210#

If you mean lining up outside or in the slot and running the same plays and routes as other WRs on the outside or in the slot and playing a similar position as, say, Percy Harvin without the jet sweeps, I would agree with you.

He's played as flex but mostly in-line. Bengals ended up having to use corner Leon Hall to try and cover him; didn't work.

I think Pepper Johnson and Brandon Spikes to a lesser extent, are very familiar with the various "hands" the Pats* play.

good point.. hoping Searcy's up to whatever the gameplan is. he looked pretty banged up, and the Duke was a bit sketchy.

but i'm thinking a Schwartz will figure something out - but i never thought of that angle - so thanks

He's played as flex but mostly in-line. Bengals ended up having to use corner Leon Hall to try and cover him; didn't work.

I agree. They have used him at times in-line. But he still doesn't really play TE very much. Technically, some plays, sure. Maybe they will use him more like that. FWIW, to me it's the same thing as Hernandez or Jimmy Graham. They don't play TE either, They are physical freaks with great hands which is what makes them dangerous. Big and fast. It remains to be seen if Wright can be consistently a threat.

He also played in less than a quarter of the plays.

I would love to play Cincinnati in the playoffs. Could happen.

It would be the team with the longest playoff drought against the team with the longest playoff win drought. The Bills haven't been in a playoff since 1999. The Bengals haven't won a playoff game since 1990.