Have the Jets Given Up on Geno?

As touched upon - it was a bad year for QB's in a year we decided we were taking one. Can't force decisions if the talent is not there. I think the report from FSU last week was legit - the FSU coach knew EJ was not starting QB material. Had he stayed at FSU, Jamesis would have been the starter last year anyway. Swing and a miss on him. I am hoping he at least can man the pine and be a diligent back up. Orton isn't the long term, but hopefully, he can man the post thru next season until we find a legit long term answer...

Geno misses Jets final pre-game meeting on Saturday night. Local radio reporting he was at the movies. :lol:

I'm thinking a guy who can't master the complexities of the West coast time zone probably isn't going to master the art of being an NFL QB anytime soon

http://nypost.com/2014/10/06/geno-smith-missed-team-meeting-before-benching/

Smith was benched after the first half of yesterday's game. If the Jets decide to move on from Geno, we shouldn't feel bad about EJ's failures. It was a really bad drafting class for QB's.

As with EJ, thrown into the fire too soon. The difference is that the Bills made a smart move by having a competent backup. That is a corner the Jets have painted themselves into and are now in a no-win situation.

As with EJ, thrown into the fire too soon. The difference is that the Bills made a smart move by having a competent backup. That is a corner the Jets have painted themselves into and are now in a no-win situation.

Jets thought they got the best QB available. The real shocker from yesterday IMO was how bad Vick looked in relief.

It's 2 years in. Plenty of QBs were considered busts after 2 years. Way too early to say definitely yet. But the Jets' situation looks really bad. I wasn't a fan of the EJ benching but I'll take Orton all day over Vick.

Name 3 that turned out good. I sure as hell can't. Only can think of Alex Smith.

Jets thought they got the best QB available. The real shocker from yesterday IMO was how bad Vick looked in relief.

I didn't see the Jets game yesterday but the stats line makes it quite evident how poor both QBs played. Again, no team should trust their rookie QB enough to not have a competent backup available. If Orton was available and a Bill last season, we would be in the playoffs.

Name 3 that turned out good. I sure as hell can't. Only can think of Alex Smith.

If you are a bust 9 years in and on your 3rd team, does that count? If so, try Jim Plunkett. A #1 overall pick.

Edited by Greybeard

Off the top of my head, Steve Young, Aikman, Rodgers (didn't play his first 3 years!), Warren Moon, Matt Stafford, etc. Please look at Orton's first 2 years.

We have no patience anymore. That's been my whole point with EJ. We used to allow Qbs to develop and make mistakes. Now everything is overreacting after every game. Quarterback is the hardest position to learn in sports.

Off the top of my head, Steve Young, Aikman, Rodgers (didn't play his first 3 years!), Warren Moon, Matt Stafford, etc. Please look at Orton's first 2 years.

We have no patience anymore. That's been my whole point with EJ. We used to allow Qbs to develop and make mistakes. Now everything is overreacting after every game. Quarterback is the hardest position to learn in sports.

Add Eli to that

Geno misses Jets final pre-game meeting on Saturday night. Local radio reporting he was at the movies. :lol:

I'm thinking a guy who can't master the complexities of the West coast time zone probably isn't going to master the art of being an NFL QB anytime soon

http://nypost.com/20...efore-benching/

This is Geno's problem. He isn't a leader. Leaders don't mess that up. How could a QB thats struggling go out to see a movie the night before a game? Study your game plan and avoid another 30% completion percentage day

I didn't see the Jets game yesterday but the stats line makes it quite evident how poor both QBs played. Again, no team should trust their rookie QB enough to not have a competent backup available. If Orton was available and a Bill last season, we would be in the playoffs.

Trust me it was horrible, both Vick and Geno sucked out loud.