Am I the only putz working on Saturday?

USMCBillsFan

Nope. I am working 0800-1600.

Then starting November 3rd, I will be working 0600-1800 7 days a week... Till about the first week in March. Gonna be brutal if this winter is a rough one. If we fall behind with the project and need a second shift... I will move to 1800-0600 7 days a week.

Good thing for you all (unless things change), I will be posting less...Either working or sleeping... No computer access when we do this dewatering project, be in the pit most of the time.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

Nope. I am working 0800-1600.

Then starting November 3rd, I will be working 0600-1800 7 days a week... Till about the first week in March. Gonna be brutal if this winter is a rough one. If we fall behind with the project and need a second shift... I will move to 1800-0600 7 days a week.

Good thing for you all (unless things change), I will be posting less...Either working or sleeping... No computer access when we do this dewatering project, be in the pit most of the time.

Yeesh! Your job sounds rough man. I can't really complain about my job. I work 10 months out of the year, get all school holidays/breaks off with pay, and I pretty much make my own schedule. As long as I get my work done, my supervisor thinks the sun shines out my butt.

My Father was a union bricklayer for 30 plus years. I remember hearing him stumble down the stairs every morning at 3:00 to go to work. He would come home every night, choke down his dinner, take a shower, and fall asleep in his chair at around 7:30-8. The poor guy can barely walk now, and he's only 64.

Taught me a valuable lesson growing up though.

Yeesh! Your job sounds rough man. I can't really complain about my job. I work 10 months out of the year, get all school holidays/breaks off with pay, and I pretty much make my own schedule. As long as I get my work done, my supervisor thinks the sun shines out my butt.

My Father was a union bricklayer for 30 plus years. I remember hearing him stumble down the stairs every morning at 3:00 to go to work. He would come home every night, choke down his dinner, take a shower, and fall asleep in his chair at around 7:30-8. The poor guy can barely walk now, and he's only 64.

Taught me a valuable lesson growing up though.

LoL... Its not @ all hard. But this dewatering project will have to be done within the time frame they published (been published for almost a year now). Industry is breathing down our necks. A 60 day closure costs them about 18 million dollars in business. We will pass traffic for a few weeks @ Christmas and New Year's while we are setting up the other end for dewatering. That's actuall going to be the hard part... Boats will be queued up and waiting. Factor in the ice... It may be a pain!

Nice thing... Everything over 40 hours is OT rate (I am hourly, federal wage grade)... Sundays's 25%, 2nd shift 7%, 3rd shift is 10%... Nice when the checks are rolling in.

Like anything else (especially the military)... It will be "hurry up and wait." Most stuff will be done in-house... But will have contractor with scaffolding and a few other things.

If we get ahead of schedule... We will start falling back with hours, get behind with something unforseen (this place has been underwater for 54 years) and they start adding more shifts.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

Crazy busy weekend for me....working the UT Longhorns football game...get out around 4:30pm...then head straight to the park to work at the Austin City Limits Festival...been here since 5am, will get home, hopefully, around midnight...

I'm working this weekend, and the next batch of foreseeable weekends to come. I spend most of the weekdays in meetings and darting between the endless traffic, the weekends (and nights) are the only "free" time I have which means it's the only time I have to get actual work done. So, naturally, I'm behind.

... Which explains why I'm wasting time posting on here.

Most Saturdays I'm at work protecting all you fine citizens from the scum of the universe.

Today, I'm traveling back from Disney. Currently waiting for my plane in Baltimore.

Just wondering what you guys do and why you're working on Saturday. I miss the Marines when I had weekends and holidays off...lol.. Now I'm a lowly business/finance manager at a car dealership which is why I'm working on Saturday.

business/finance manager Eh...

Car dealership you say????

Where abouts???

How bout some special TBD pricing on used cars?