Spikes, man...

YoloinOhio

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Meh. I still don't know if I believe it. He called it the armpit of America or something like that once (I get his and Omer Kelly's comments mixed up).

he did say that. He changed his mind now that he's spent time there. It was a trash comment back then, but he wouldn't be the first to change his tune.

He grew up in Shelby, NC. Its not a stretch that he would love Buffalo. Shelby is small and simple but still pretty dang nice for a Southern no where just outside Gastonia. Buffalo is big but comfortable - not too big. It would be simple to imagine why he'd like it.

he's a capable run stuffer and horrible in pass coverage

tight ends eat him alive but he can stick his nose in there and stuff the run when its needed

he's not really an every down guy or a guy you build a linebacking corps around but he can get on the field for half the snaps and contribute

The fact that the opponents are averaging less than 90 yards rushing per game tells me he has made a big difference. The Big runs have all but vanished.

This. He's a thumper and has massively improved the D's biggest weakness from last year, stopping the run. Scheme hasn't hurt either, but that speaks to the way in which he fits it seamlessly.

Everyone assumes there was something wrong with him because Bellichik let him leave. But if the Pats* still had Welker, Mankins, Talib and Spikes, all who they got rid of or let walk, they would be a much better team. Jmo.

Belicheck has had a long run with the Patriots on the "Next Man Up" philosophy where he refuses to open the checkbook for the best players. He feels with training and discipline and the Pats system (his system) almost any pro player can do the job. There's some truth to it - all the guys at the pro level are amazing athletes, and mental attitude/toughness is a lot of the game.

It's the "some" part that may finally be biting him

And stop headbutting players.

That was just so stupid

His play has been inconsistent, and downright stupid at times. He's tough against the run, but can't cover a midget football tight end . . . we now see why BB wasn't a fan of him. Nonetheless, he's our slow and stupid.

And this game does not set up well for him, the Lions will be throwing the ball, certainly not his specialty.

But, I hope for all of us, he comes up big today.

GO BILLS!

He's a large contributor to our run D turnaround. He gives us a nasty edge up the middle where we were gashed all last year and he plays hard. I think he's come to us as advertised and held up his end of the bargain. Cannot wait to watch him in the Pats game…that alone worth the price of admission….PF's and all. F the Pats.