Spikes, man...

YoloinOhio

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spikes was #1 on my FA wishlist. The dude is a monster. He's a huge reason we went from a multi-year bottom-of-the-league run defense to top 3 in a single season. Hell he might be one of the ONLY reasons. The run D personnel around him didn't really change from 2013. When you have a guy like that in the middle it makes everyone around him better. And he's been a lot better in coverage this year than in past years. I don't know where people are getting that he's "terrible" in coverage.

And he's a natural leader. It says a lot that he was voted a Captain by his teammates his first year here on a 1-year contract. I think and hope that he'll be signing with us long-term after this season. His intensity elevates this defense.

10418973_10153158987768362_5111208395314168078_n.jpg?oh=e2d9064ce3653e612fdfca7a6442f9ac&oe=54F4CF1B&__gda__=1421182334_4b643cc6d7a130e52b720feff68b41b6

I think any weaknesses in Spikes game will be exposed in this game and then we will see if other teams duplicate game plan to attack Spikes when he is on field. This will determine whether Bills or another team sign him long term.

I think most teams already know his weaknesses and can game plan to them in certain situations, which is why his snap count isn't high.

Belicheck has had a long run with the Patriots on the "Next Man Up" philosophy where he refuses to open the checkbook for the best players. He feels with training and discipline and the Pats system (his system) almost any pro player can do the job. There's some truth to it - all the guys at the pro level are amazing athletes, and mental attitude/toughness is a lot of the game.

It's the "some" part that may finally be biting him ...

Except at that one position where he absolutely pulled a rabbit's foot out of his ass.

GO BILLS!!!

Edited by K-9