Watkins getting a little gabby

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If it's that obvious, then it doesn't need to be said...by a rookie.

Cuz, ya know.

Now we have this:

http://t.co/lGpZ1eFFR9

Exactly. Hacks like Rodak live for this. Throwing a teammate under the bus is not very professional. Perhaps some of the veterans will coach these guys up. They don't seem to realize EJ is one play away from being back under center.

Exactly. Hacks like Rodak live for this. Throwing a teammate under the bus is not very professional. Perhaps some of the veterans will coach these guys up. They don't seem to realize EJ is one play away from being back under center.

When Rodhack lead the player to the center of the road it is a little different.

Someone needs to tweet Watkins to avoid Roadhack.

It's odd the question they were answering isn't printed (or maybe that's the way Rodak likes to play it?). Also, there may have been 5 minutes of the receivers praising and encouraging EJM, but those quotes are on the cutting room floor.

yes that is his way of "reporting"

It's odd the question they were answering isn't printed (or maybe that's the way Rodak likes to play it?). Also, there may have been 5 minutes of the receivers praising and encouraging EJM, but those quotes are on the cutting room floor.

see my post. I'll post it again. I was actually in the locker room and this is exactly what was interviewed. I had to rewind my tape to quote Rodhack. The bolded section is the part which Rodhack quoted.

Mike Rodhack: I just got home from day care, and was wondering...so what do you think of Orton?

Watkins: He is good.

Mike Rodhack: How does he compare to EJ? Make sure you go slowly, my mommy complains when I write sloppy - she proof reads all my work for me.

Watkins: They are both good QB's, both have good attributes.

Mike Rodhack: Can you spell attributes for me, it's hard to spell.

Watkins: A-T-T-R-I-B-U-T-E-S.

Mike Rodhack: thanks! I dressed myself all by myself today! Anyway...so, is there anything different? Maybe his veteran experience? Or the way he communicates?

Watkins: Not really, they both do many things well but there are subtle differences.

Mike Rodhack: I was once caught molesting alpaca's, but yeah, you were saying?

Watkins: “The way he talked, the way he handles business, the way he looks at plays and breaks down defenses, it’s kinda different than EJ."

Rodhack: Well, I just started menstruating but can you compare the two...

Watkins: EJ is a big guy who stands tall in the pocket. He has a powerful deep ball and can turn wine in to water and saved 500 orphans and two puppies from a house fire, and Orton, “He reads it quicker, the ball is coming out faster"

Rodhack: I love the company of young men and dressing like a school girl on weekends while I have never seen a football game in my life.

Mike Williams: That's lovely.

Rodhack: Looking back on Sunday, can you use bad grammar to answer the following question: Was enough done did that you's be happy with on the fields? Again, bad grammar please...

Mike Williams: We, as a whole, had a lot of breakdowns as a team and we did not play smart football all around. We did not commit many penalties but “We feel like we could have did more … It wasn’t our decision, but it wasn’t our actions either."

Edited by jboyst62

Why all the hand wringing over these replies? It seems Sammy and Kyle are merely being frank when asked a question. In Sammy's case, he is simply stating an observation and does not sound like he is taking a jab at EJ.....sounds more like he is complimenting Kyle. If we are so worried about EJ's sensibilities, I think that is a bigger mistake. The only way to correct something that you are not doing well is to accept it, try to do better and move on. That's what grown ups do. He is not a grade schooler. EJ will be fine.

As for Kyle....all I can say is wow! He is absolutely right. Crap question.....loaded question. And I love the reply!

see my post. I'll post it again. I was actually in the locker room and this is exactly what was interviewed. I had to rewind my tape to quote Rodhack. The bolded section is the part which Rodhack quoted.

Mike Rodhack: I just got home from day care, and was wondering...so what do you think of Orton?

Mike Rodhack: How does he compare to EJ? Make sure you go slowly, my mommy complains when I write sloppy - she proof reads all my work for me.

Mike Rodhack: thanks! I dressed myself all by myself today! Anyway...so, is there anything different? Maybe his veteran experience? Or the way he communicates?

Watkins: Not really, they both do many things well but there are subtle differences.

Watkins: “The way he talked, the way he handles business, the way he looks at plays and breaks down defenses, it’s kinda different than EJ."

Rodhack: While, I just started menstruating but can you compare the two...

Watkins: EJ is a big guy who stands tall in the pocket. He has a powerful deep ball and can turn wine in to water and saved 500 orphans and two puppies from a house fire, and Orton, “He reads it quicker, the ball is coming out faster"

Rodhack: I love the company of young men and dressing like a school girl on weekends while I have never seen a football game in my life.

Rodhack: Looking back on Sunday, can you use bad grammar to answer the following question: Was enough done did that you's be happy with on the fields? Again, bad grammar please...

Mike Williams: We, as a whole, had a lot of breakdowns as a team and we did not play smart football all around. We did not commit many penalties but “We feel like we could have did more … It wasn’t our decision, but it wasn’t our actions either."

Great job. The truth is finally out.

Rodhack: While, I just started menstruating but can you compare the two...

Ahh, okay.Thanks.

Edited by HoF Watkins

Let's be clear: I'm not here to help manufacture Rawdick's controversy.

I do, however, think that Sammy's opinion on the matter--after 16 professional quarters--ought to be kept himself. Or at least couched, as per the actions of his veteran team mates.

I'm with you BC. I guess it would be the equivalent of EJ saying it was different when Mike Williams caught the long touchdown pass against the Texans, as opposed to Sammy allowing the dback to knock the ball away in...crap..Miami? Or, Chandler catching the ball on the sidelines while being arm-barred, and Sammy dropping the pass on the first series last Sunday. Both catches are both different.

On the other hand, he's a kid, so, pretty much whatevs. Although, with Kyle Orton in the huddle, what does a vet like that say in the huddle after you allow the dback to knock a well thrown ball away...or when you drop a pass you should catch?

Edited by leh-nerd skin-erd

I'm with you BC. I guess it would be the equivalent of EJ saying it was different when Mike Williams caught the long touchdown pass against the Texans, as opposed to Sammy allowing the dback to knock the ball away in...crap..Miami? Or, Chandler catching the ball on the sidelines while being arm-barred, and Sammy dropping the pass on the first series last Sunday. Both catches are both different.

On the other hand, he's a kid, so, pretty much whatevs. Although, with Kyle Orton in the huddle, what does a vet like that say in the huddle after you allow the dback to knock a well thrown ball away...or when you drop a pass you should catch?

Dude, why not actually find out what he said in it's entirety before making judgements? The comments by themselves aren't even that damning of EJM.

i know what Peyton manning does to his WRs when that happens. He rips them a new one.

Maybe not enough time has passed for the reporters identity to come out, but you gotta love how NOBODY is reporting who their idiot colleague was that asked the bonehead question. I hated the EJ pick and I hated the move to bench him even more after 14 games, and I think Orton will flame out this year, but I love the stones on the guy for calling out the dumb question. Hopefully it keeps these guys a little more honest in their questioning, although I imagine it will just have the opposite result.

Regarding Watkins saying what he said (if he actually said it the way Rodak reported), to me, it really is a non-issue. Number one - EJ Manuel long term future is toast with the Bills. Once you bench a guy, especially this early in his career, he's done. Maybe he'll see the light and catch on with another team, but he's done here. This is Losman/Holcomb all over again until the 2016 draft. Number two - if/when EJ starts due to injury/Orton sucktitude, do you think EJ is going to give a rats ass what Watkins said a month past? He needs Watkins more than Watkins needs EJ.

He could have shown excitement and confidence in Orton without using comparative phrases.

It almost seemed like he was going out of his way to make those comparative statements.

I think he deserves the benefit of the doubt. Perhaps he was just a rookie being a rookie.

But my gut told me that he was a dick being a dick.

You don't do that to a teammate. Not in any profession. Bush league.

personally i dont give a damn what any of the players think of EJ. I think EJ stinks and Orton gives us a much better chance of making the playoffs. If EJ is going to be an NFL starter he will use this whole situation to improve himself...honestly at this point do we as Bills fans even care if he salvages his career?f Anything we get out him at this point is a bonus

... JoeBuscaglia

Q: Kyle, why will you run this offense better than EJ?

A: I'm not saying that I will. That's a loaded question. That's a crap question.

Who the phuck asked this question? Seriously, that "reporter" or "journalist" needs his credentials revoked. I need to know so I don't waste a second accidentally reading something this no-account, non-professional, dipschit writes. Who was it? I demand to know!

GO BILLS!!!

Edited by K-9