Ej lost the game

Kirby Jackson

Have not seen the running or the strong arm as of yet and a lot of QBs are 6'4" 230lbs. When saying "physical talents", it tells me he has something bigger and better than other guys, which really isn't true as most all NFL QBs have similar "physical talents". Haven't seen any of these so called talents on display, and doubt he really has anything more special than anybody else.

Then your just completely biased

- He CAN run....and has shown that he can.....more so last year then this year which is part of the problem

- He makes throws effortlessly....the arm is def there. Because he doesnt use it much doesnt mean it isnt there

No....most QBs are not 240 and 6'4"....that is simply not true

Have not seen the running or the strong arm as of yet and a lot of QBs are 6'4" 230lbs. When saying "physical talents", it tells me he has something bigger and better than other guys, which really isn't true as most all NFL QBs have similar "physical talents". Haven't seen any of these so called talents on display, and doubt he really has anything more special than anybody else.

- He CAN run....and has shown that he can.....more so last year then this year which is part of the problem

- He makes throws effortlessly....the arm is def there. Because he doesnt use it much doesnt mean it isnt there

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

he hasnt shown he can use them effectively or consistently but physically speaking he is the prototype of the modern qb. if you were making some sort of franken-qb, it would physically be EJ, essentially. now its a matter of him being able to use those tools effectively week in and week out.

EJ is listed as 6'4" 237lb

Luck 6'4" 240lb, Kapernick 6'4" 230, Stafford 6'3" 234, Foles 6'6" 243, Rivers 6'5" 228, Roethlisberger, 6'5" 241, Flacco 6'6" 245, Bortles 6'5" 232, Newton 6'5" 245, Palmer 6'5" 235, P Manning 6'5" 230, Brady 6'4" 225, Romo 6'2" 230. So yeah half the league is just as big as EJ if not bigger.

do you want him to pass the :censored: ball and catch the :censored: ball too?

yes, the pick 6 killed the game,

so did 4+ dropped passes, the inability for the Offense to pass protect better, and the inability for the Defense to stop Fitzmagic

oh and PENALTIES

A couple of those dropped passes were on not very accurate balls. This coaching staff, if they want to keep their jobs, ought to make a decisive move at the QB position. The kid doesn't look like he has it or is going to find it anytime soon or ever.

I think it's a combination of both. EJ has been bad, and Hackett is worse IMO. It appears that Hackett can't game plan worth a crap, just like our QB can't hit an open receiver.

Of course, if EJ could play QB, I think we would be saying that Hackett is a pretty good OC.

Yet somehow EJ hit an open Mike Williams. I counted 6 incompletions were simply getting the ball out before he got sacked. EJ played a decent game today. His worst moment was when Seantrel Henderson left Watt unblocked off the edge creating an impossible pass to Fred in the flat. If Seantrel sticks him with a block you don't get Watt the #1 pass defender in years making that athletic play. That play was on Seantrel not EJ.

Seantrel may have caused the situation, but Manuel could have thrown it someplace else than in his lap. There's a whole universe in front of him, and he chooses the ONE PLACE to NOT THROW THE BALL.

Luck 6'4" 240lb, Kapernick 6'4" 230, Stafford 6'3" 234, Foles 6'6" 243, Rivers 6'5" 228, Roethlisberger, 6'5" 241, Flacco 6'6" 245, Bortles 6'5" 232, Newton 6'5" 245, Palmer 6'5" 235, P Manning 6'5" 230, Brady 6'4" 225, Romo 6'2" 230. So yeah half the league is just as big as EJ if not bigger.

Your actually proving my point and dont even realize it

I don't think Orton can lead a team to the Super Bowl, but, if he has grasped the offense, he'll be an upgrade over an imploding EJ -- I think they can go 8-8 or 9-7 with Orton, maybe get lucky and sneak into playoffs --- if EJ plays like he did the past 2 weeks -- this team is destined for 4-12 or 5-11 --

I think that Orton QB'd the Bears to the playoffs as a rookie.

I think the point is compared to most people on the planet , not compared to other NFL QB's. If the premise is finding a guy to be your QB and you want the prototype NFL guy EJ is that. Most people aren't . That is what gives him "special talents" to join that elite group of QB's. Whether or not he is any good as compared to those other guys is the real issue. But he at least has the special things you need to get there. There are only 32 of these jobs available and yet not every one is filled to the satisfaction of the employer. So while there are enough guys that meet those requirements , not all of them can do the job well. But they are elite by some measure nonetheless.

So, what happens when Orton comes in and loses to Detroit and New England and TBD hates him too.

Are we calling for Jeff Tuel against Minnesota or should we trade for Ryan Nassib?

Changing QBs in this terrible offense is basically like rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic.

Maybe Orton comes in and gives us a better chance to win those games. The defense should help keep us in the games (hoping KW and Nigel Bradham come back), and we need a guy to not throw away the games. Maybe call some running plays on occasion. I see more of EJ taking a 3 step drop, bailing, and taking a bunch of sacks.

Maybe Orton comes in and gives us a better chance to win those games. The defense should help keep us in the games (hoping KW and Nigel Bradham come back), and we need a guy to not throw away the games. Maybe call some running plays on occasion. I see more of EJ taking a 3 step drop, bailing, and taking a bunch of sacks.

Based on what? Orton has proven that he sucks.

Well I have to agree this game is on EJ. He didn't play well yesterday. The pick six by Watt was the momentum changer. Had it not been for that I think the board would be a "little" kinder today.

Not giving up on him however. He has to go through the ups and downs and the team needs to know if they have a bonifide starting NFL QB.

For those geniuses already convinced that EJ is a bust, well you're entitled to your opinion and hopefully, for you anyway, you can have your "I told you so day".

Well I have to agree this game is on EJ. He didn't play well yesterday. The pick six by Watt was the momentum changer. Had it not been for that I think the board would be a "little" kinder today.

Not giving up on him however. He has to go through the ups and downs and the team needs to know if they have a bonifide starting NFL QB.

For those geniuses already convinced that EJ is a bust, well you're entitled to your opinion and hopefully, for you anyway, you can have your "I told you so day".

I'm all for ups and downs with a young QB, but he hasn't shown any ups yet... Not a single 300+ yard game or a game that makes you actually believe he can be a long term solution at QB... the best he has played has been OK... He is usually bad to very bad.

I'm all for ups and downs with a young QB, but he hasn't shown any ups yet... Not a single 300+ yard game or a game that makes you actually believe he can be a long term solution at QB... the best he has played has been OK... He is usually bad to very bad.

would you have felt better if his 296 yard one wouldve been a tiny bit better?

John, do me a favor...

Go to the BBMB and tell the The_Dude says 'I warned you all and you wouldn't listen!' Also ask them if they remember how I was preaching that we needed to trade the farm to get Bortles and they all laughed at me. And tell them...tell them I said "F*** you, I was right, as per usual." Tell them.

Dude... you wouldn't be happy with Bridgewater? I felt as though he would have been a great pick... especially see in as though no one was interested in picking him high. We could have had a potential franchise guy

I think it's a combination of both. EJ has been bad, and Hackett is worse IMO. It appears that Hackett can't game plan worth a crap, just like our QB can't hit an open receiver.

It would be nice to have a proven OC so that the offensive personnel can be properly assessed. Go nepotism!