EJ is a coach killer

JohninMinn.

You mean the GM that went "all in" on EJ, crippling the new ownership by trading up to get a WR that he can't get the ball to?

The same guy who dropped three well placed balls in the first half? That guy who the QB can't get the ball to?

We were out coached in the second half. Pure and simple. EJ wasn't great today by any stretch, but he didn't crumble like he did last week against the pass rush. The guy took a beating today. What was it in the first quarter? 7 passes, 2

Sacks, and 4 QB hits?

The same guy who dropped three well placed balls in the first half? That guy who the QB can't get the ball to?

We were out coached in the second half. Pure and simple. EJ wasn't great today by any stretch, but he didn't crumble like he did last week against the pass rush. The guy took a beating today. What was it in the first quarter? 7 passes, 2

Sacks, and 4 QB hits?

I don't think we were outcoached. Both teams stunk, just trading turnovers and punts. We got lucky on broken coverage on the long TD, they got lucky on a freak play by Watt. Other than that, the second half was two teams with two mediocre QBs making lots of errors. We out-errored them.

I don't think we were outcoached. Both teams stunk, just trading turnovers and punts. We got lucky on broken coverage on the long TD, they got lucky on a freak play by Watt. Other than that, the second half was two teams with two mediocre QBs making lots of errors. We out-errored them.

Sums it up pretty well.

EJ is regressing. He has yet to have one of those "oh wow" games where you at least see glimpses of potential studliness. Hes either average or horrible which in total equals a below average QB.

Sums it up pretty well.

EJ is regressing. He has yet to have one of those "oh wow" games where you at least see glimpses of potential studliness. Hes either average or horrible which in total equals a below average QB.

^This

The only thing is EJ would look better if the 3-4 passes Watkins and Chandler dropped were caught. . . Not good, but better.

Sacks, and 4 QB hits?

This offense is so bland and vanilla that it's no stretch to see why defenses know which plays are coming and when. Marrone and EJ are both to blame. I've seen this offense and it's a direct descendant of Jauron Ball. I've seen this QB and he's Trent Edwards.

I warned this team that playing conservative will ruin them sooner than later and that's what you saw here today people. DInks and dunks are not an NFL passing offense. Running on obvious run downs and passing on obvious passing downs is not the recipe for a successful NFL offense.

I am shocked that a team that would use 2 first round picks on a WR and use a 1st round pick on a QB, would THEN run an offense so putridly bland and not even TRY to let them loose to see what they have. I am disgusted by the coach, the offensive line and the QB. If this is their plan then they all need to go as far as I'm concerned. This is embarrassing for this team to look so scared offensively. Grow some balls and LET IT FLY DOWNFIELD in Detroit or quit your jobs.

I'm watching the Philly game and if you look at the talent outside of QB, you can't really say the Eagles are better than the Bills. So what is the problem?

If Marrone and Hackett stick with EJ, it's at their peril, but I'm sure they will do it until it's too late. If Orton gets all the reps and three games p, then you give up and we such again. To stick with EJ though is horrendous.

I'm so sick of sucking as a team.

Good post.

I agree that both teams, and both QBs, are deeply flawed. But despite those flaws, Fitzpatrick outplayed Manuel. Fitzpatrick had 268 yards on 37 attempts; good for 7.2 yards per attempt. Manuel had 225 yards on 44 attempts, for a paltry 5.1 yards per attempt.

The two most important things I look for in a QB are accuracy and information processing ability. Fitzpatrick is 1-for-2 on those things; Manuel 0-for-2. I do not expect Manuel to have as good a career as Ryan Fitzpatrick's.

I dont like Hackett. But EJ had WR open all day on multiple plays and he just never saw them and threw it to another target which he couldnt complete. EJ was simply horrible. Another performance like this one next week and you HAVE to bench. Theres nothing that says he cant come back and be our QB, but you cant continue to throw him out there as bad as hes looked the last two weeks. He cant make simple passes. He cant read defenses and audible when he should.

Im still waiting for that 300yd 3TD performance from this guy. Ill take 3INT w those 3td's but christ at least give us something to root for.

Sacks, and 4 QB hits?

Awesome.

More like a GM killer at this point

Orton is less mobile than EJ and will get killed by the OL sucking.

That's kind of my point in an abstract way. If Orton is in, do we see a significant change in how the offense performs or does it just show how overmatched Hackett is as an OC?

I think it's just the opposite, Hackett is a QB killer. EJ is being coached to play scared. Our offense as a whole is simple, predictable and comletely ingnorant of the palyers strengths.

The defesnes have figured it out and are playing within 15 yds of the LOS. So, yeah, EJ looks bad at times, the WR are dropping balls, and the RBs are less productive. But how many times is EJ throwing the ball a split second before he's hit? How many of the WRs are have a defender in their back pocket while trying to catch the ball? How many times do EJ or Fred get hit at the line ans have to make someone miss, just to get positive yards?

Four weeks in and the league has figured this offense out. And it shows on the field. So while everyone wants to talk about various players not executing or wish we coulda had this guy, the big point is being lost. And that point is that we have college coaches installing a basic college offense and the NFL is eating them up.

Sums it up pretty well.

Nicely summed up. The best he's done is to rise to the level of adequate. Then everyone is excited: "He's adequate! He's adequate!!" EJ apologists point to a game here, a half here, but this qb has never, not once, flashed greatness or even above-averageness. He's a mediocrity with only the slimmest chance of developing into a very good quarterback. The only question now is when the front office will move on. Given the politics, the answer should be after the season. Worst-case scenario: the "it's too early to judge him!" or "It's his line! And WRs! and...and" sentiment will prevail and we'll be having the same exchanges about his ineptitude for another season, with Promo the Robot intoning that it's too early to judge him. Give him another three seasons.

God, it sucks being a Bills fan.

Replace a horrible to below average EJ and improve him with an average to slightly above average QB, and we win the game today.

I don't need to point out where and why, do I?

Eventually the Great EJ Debate will be moot. No need to resolve it now. Just wait a bit.

Can't wait to see Pegula clean house and start over at the QB position. The current establishment is stuck with this guy and won't give up on him as a matter of politics. They have to save face.

Pegula will change that "Culture of Mediocrity". I just hope he does it right way, instead of giving these losers more time, as he did with the Sabres.