Best subs

YoloinOhio

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

have the Grilled 8 inch Italian but with no mayo.

I'm sorry, but I laughed out loud when I read that. :w00t:

If you like a Rueban... You may like a Cuban. Have you ever had one? Totally. Awesome! FWIW... First one I ever had was in South Bend, Indiana... LoL... The guy making them was from FLA...

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cuban_sandwich

Cuban bread, ham, roasted pork, Swiss cheese, pickles, mustard, sometimes salami

Variations: Tampa (w/ salami) , South Florida (w/o salami)

Best Cuban sandwich I ever had was a year ago in Key Largo at Marlin's. But I just looked it up and the recent reviews are less than kind.

Viola's in the Falls has the 2nd best Steak and Cheese subs on the planet. The first? Mariposa's on Military Road in the Falls. Mrs. Mariposa is about 90 years old and still works the grill. They don't have double steak like Viola's because they give you double on every sub.

Try it the next time you're in the Falls, it will change your life.

I know some swear by Mariposa's subs. I never was a fan, though.

We have a great little sub shop (they call them grinders) here in my town in Vermont. Homemade bread, high quality meats, and just phenomenal sandwiches. Around lunch time they frequently have a line that goes out the door and stretches down the sidewalk. One thing though...they put shredded cabbage on the subs instead of iceberg lettuce. I think it is a New England thing because other sub shops in the area do the same thing. I refused to try it at first, but someone talked me into trying it. The shredded cabbage has really grown on me. Adds a nice textural dimension to the sub.

IMO, it's difficult to find a bad sub in WNY. Good Guys Pizza in North Tonawanda has awesome subs, awesome pizza, awesome salads, etc. Anything you get from there is quality.

Tailgate Deli on Delaware Rd. in Kenmore is phenomenal too. Cold cut subs have an enormous amount of meat on them.

Jim's Steak Out Chicken Finger Sub never disappoints.

Now I want a sub.

this

IMO, it's difficult to find a bad sub in WNY. Good Guys Pizza in North Tonawanda has awesome subs, awesome pizza, awesome salads, etc. Anything you get from there is quality.

Tailgate Deli on Delaware Rd. in Kenmore is phenomenal too. Cold cut subs have an enormous amount of meat on them.

Jim's Steak Out Chicken Finger Sub never disappoints.

Only WNY has Chicken Finger subs :(

Three way tie. For the best. For some that list Wegmans. i guess you're not from Buffalo.

1) Lunettas subs Cleveland dr. Cheektowaga. The sausage Imperial. But Like Turkey? They cut it off the bird.outrageous.

1) John$ Marys----- The Royal tastes like a Lunettas imperial but no hard salami. A-bombs for rookies work well as well.

1) Jim's steak out ------ DUH

I dont get the jims steakout love

10 years ago the subs were delicious

now they are tiny and very underwhelming, id take a wegmans sub over Jims 10 times out of 10...

As far as subs go though....the best sub I ever had was from a place in Delaware by UD campus...called Cleveland Ave Subs ( MAYBE? cleveland def. in the title)...biggest, most delicious turkey sub the world has ever known, makes a wegmans large look like a small...unfortunately the place has since closed so no one else will ever get the experience

I have a buddy who swears by jersey mikes, but I have never tried it. Any thoughts?

we get a huge tray of em in my office about once a week. most of the staff go to the cafeteria those days. nuff said. Edited by birdog1960