Wade Phillips was at the Charger game

jimmy10

We were in the Van Miller Club for the Chargers game yesterday, and before the game started, I noticed Wade Phillips was there, sitting at a table eating some grub. Looked like he may have been with family or friends. People kept coming up to him to shake hands. Then he disappeared into one of the suites.

I'm not quite sure why he was in attendance, but he was. Perhaps those among us more in the know can shed some light on why?

EDIT: Poking around on twitter for more info, it appears Wade was actually in the club seats, not a suite.

Edited by jimmy10

We were in the Van Miller Club for the Chargers game yesterday, and before the game started, I noticed Wade Phillips was there, sitting at a table eating some grub. Looked like he may have been with family or friends. People kept coming up to him to shake hands. Then he disappeared into one of the suites.

I'm not quite sure why he was in attendance, but he was. Perhaps those among us more in the know can shed some light on why?

and more importantly, was he wearing a headset?

EDIT: Poking around on twitter for more info, it appears Wade was actually in the club seats, not a suite.

He's just imagining what he could do with our defense....

maybe he had a lien on wilson's estate from his firing and came to collect only to find that $100 was witheld and replaced with 2 club level seats and 2 vouchers for a buffet. Edited by birdog1960

Paul Peck interviewed him during the UB game., I believe he was just visiting friends. he attended the UB game Saturday and the Bills game Sunday.

Wade looks good. Was that Buffalo or San Diego blue or something in between.

I know a family that lived down the street from him and his family in Amherst. Scotty Bowman lived on the same street. Everyone I know he has met Wade thought he was a great guy.

I know some disagree, but I would have liked to have seen what Wade would have done with the Bills if he had more time.

Siri, who was the last coach to take the Buffalo Bills to the playoffs?

Winner. He certainly could have handled the Flutie-Johnson thing better, and his comments before the Colts MNF game in 2000 were irritating, but the guy took this team to the playoffs two straight years with an aging roster. Based on his recent experiences, I wouldn't want him back as HC, but you easily can do worse than the Son of a Bum. Edited by Bills Fan in MD