Cyril Richardson needs to get a shot at RG

YoloinOhio

Henderson has admitted that Pears is functioning as an on field coach for him if he is not sure what to do......that complicates the decision to remove Pears from the field of play......in that Richardson himself might need help. Not clear that Pears will be removed so quickly to me.

could Wood help with the "on-field" coaching, or Pears could do it from the sideline. Or Pears helping Henderson during a play. If the latter, that could complicate the situation for sure. A least for a few games.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How about making Pears the blocking TE , could mentor Henderson while giving EJ plenty of time. He's tall enough to go out for a pass if no one to block. Who could pass cover someone his size.

Sometimes it's hard to tell sarcasm online. Yeah, he might be impossible to cover as a TE. Great idea, it's amazing nobody has thought of using him as a TE before now.

To wit, he's teaching Henderson how to play T.

I think you are getting them confused. I can understand being concerned with pears teaching richardson at guard, but pears teaching henderson to play tackle doesn't seem like a bad thing. Results of hendersons play looks promising, and he is the exact type of player that needs a vet mentor

ahhh--this makes much more sense!! :doh:

One aspect of Marrone's coaching I respect is his OL assessment. He's been the driving force behind garnering HUGE guys all across the wall. For the immediate future I'll buy into whoever he wants, where he wants.

Jeez, really? Even after the Colin Brown, and his backup debacle of last year. Both the starter at LG and his backup were both outright cut by week six.

I don't trust him for anything at this point, as he said he could go forward with Pears & Williams at OG. Both players have stunk it up every game, and this last one with the Chargers only they only rushed four, and Pears played very poorly.

Huge doesn't equal talent, just ask Colin Brown.

How about making Pears the blocking TE , could mentor Henderson while giving EJ plenty of time. He's tall enough to go out for a pass if no one to block. Who could pass cover someone his size.

it would take him a full 5 min to run a route

Hairston, Cyril Richardson and Cyrus Kouiandijo need to get some shots as the season goes on. Both guard positions need improvement and are key to the offense.

I agree, and the only reason for Urbik, Pears, and Williams is that the coaches want to help protect EJ.

That clearly didn't work last game, and the young players need to get a chance

Why not. Imagine the comedic mileage I could get out of watching Pears redefine the term 'ineptitude' at yet a third NFL position. I made a joke about him being worse than Ebola earlier, but that wasn't fair. Ebola has a higher winning percentage than Pears could ever dream of.

To me, Chris Willams has been even worse! I'd play Richardson at LG, his natural position and begin prepping CK for RG...JMO

chris williams is not a NFL starting caliber left guard. no matter where he was drafted. But he was signed as one here. They bid against themselves,overpaid and now he is a liability not an asset, what a mess.

Tick.....Tick....Tick. The time has to be drawing closer. Pears is a big liability on the OL. He simply provides no push in the run game as he plays too high. He's missing assignments when the opposing DL stunts and not providing good enough pass pro overall.

How can this be? He's been in the same offense for well over a year now. Sliding over one spot isn't exactly rocket surgery.

I think we will see Richardson on the left and Marrone will keep Pears on the right. That's not a good thing with Pears at right guard either. We can bank on seeing runs when Watt is on the right and passes when Watt is on the left. It's going to be tough calling those audibles on the road. The Houston defense is going to make it look like they know what plays we are calling. I know it's a strong take but I think us fans have known all along that Urb is the better option and yet Pears is still in there. As far as williams is concerned, he was bad and I'm just relieved that Marrone's hand was forced (not saying I'm happy he's hurt).

Edited by SJDK

The injury to Williams should give Richardson playing time at LG, which is a good thing. Not sure Richardson will be any good but we know Williams stink. Pears isn't very good but he seems to be a good veteran presence for Henderson. Might be a good thing to let Pears play there for a little while longer to help out Henderson. Maybe Urbik at RG would be better as he is still a pretty experienced guy. Eventually I think they could try Cyrus at RG towards the end of the season.

Interesting point. If Henderson needs the mentor than we may have to deal with medicare guard play.

Could Urbik fill that mentor role?

Are you suggesting our guards get medical coverage thr ough Medicare or is it Medicaid ??......... :flirt:

Oh I get it, I think you meant MEDIOCRE....