Bills Cornerbacks are terrible.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes, they had a bad day.

against

The team that whooped up on the Defending SB Champs the week before!!!

My concerns with McKelvin and Gilmore are not just because of the San Diego performance.

I was a Gilmore supporter until today. He is average at best right now and possibly the 3rd or 4th best corner on the team.

The thing about Gilmore for 2014 is that he didn't play well in training camp, preseason and now it has carried over into the regular season.

A good QB makes CBs look bad. I think the expectations here are a little unrealistic as to what a CB is supposed to do. You could have the greatest DBs ever but WRs will still get open at times. If have a great QB with the skill to see that there isn't much you can do.

McKelvin has been terrible pretty much his entire career and Gilmore has been simply average and starting off the 2014 year in an atrocious fashion. These guys need to pick up their game big time.

McKelvin had a single OK year. last year. When some anointed him as having arrived. maybe it was pettine but he is back to what he is. barely adequate and should be benched.

McKelvin had a single OK year. last year. When some anointed him as having arrived. maybe it was pettine but he is back to what he is. barely adequate and should be benched.

It certainly isn't a small sample size in that evaluation with McKelvins deficiencies. With Gilmore lets just hope he can stay healthy.

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever

With the exception of Corey Graham who has been terrific, we do not have a viable CB opposite of him. McKelvin is getting torched again for big plays, Gilmore is a holding machine, average in coverage and atrocious in the open field. I like Robey, great tackler/playmaker but overall his size is a concern. Brooks is simply depth.

Was Graham hurt today? Didn't see him much out there.

Not sure whether Marone was trying to be coy, he stated in his post game that he was rotating them through. Corey Graham has been the one bright spot, no idea why he isn't starting opposite Gilmore. Our backend has been porous.

Edited by DirtDart

The coaches need to wake up and establish a pecking order for our CBs. We don't have three equal guys!!

Graham is our best CB right now.

When Gilmore is completely healthy, he is probably #2.

McKelvin gets torched regularly or holds or gets called for illegal contact......especailly when it's 3rd and long. No way should he be on the field as much as the other two guys.

That has to change..................effective immediately.

Robey does a very good job vs the slot receiver.

Brooks is definitely #5 on the depth chart.

The bottom line................get Graham on the field and keep him on the field at all times.

I watched the corners too. The pick plays killed us.

And Gilmore was a liabilty . That was just horrible Like he unsure where to go especially on the run.

aarghh !

I am not writing them all off. This one might be on Schwartz actually

It would have been nice if the refs through a flag for this at least once.

Rivers was great. Reich called an awesome game. On the bomb over McKelvin, we had no safety help. Reich says he knew that, and that's why he made the call. The guy had half a step and made an incredible catch. They were running picks all day. The first bomb was the result of an effective pick.

And on the play where we stopped them, they called holding on us....on a non-hold on the other side of the field. Gave them a first down instead of forcing a punt. They scored after that. It seems that the refs were quick with the flags yesterday.

We need to get more pressure on the QB to affect these passes.

Brandon Flowers is better than any CB on the Bills roster. He shut Sammy down yesterday.

That most likely is the case......but it doesn't change the concept that the day before we lost we were widely considered to have 3 starter calibre CBs.

I'm not ready to write these guys off just yet. Philip Rivers is a top 5 QB with weapons. Next week we play Fitz, who threw three picks today and lost to the hapless Giants. I like our chances at 3-1.

it's not like we were totally out classed. We played sloppy. If half the penalties we committed on offense didn't happen, it would have been closer.

I don't think it's an EJ loss at all. I don't blame our secondary entirely either. Team played sloppy....

The good news, is sloppy play can be cleaned up.